Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Firmware upgrade

icchis

On my 2015 Yaris I got system version XE3864 and I've seen from the bulletin BE-0044T-0415 that there is an update to version XE3934. I put the firmware on a FAT32 USB stick but when I try to do the update, my system doesn't recognise it and nothing happens (jest the insert media message and I can't click Ok). Tried with 2 different USB stick but same result. What do I need to do?

Where did you get the firmware? From Toyota along with the instructions on how to update or from an unknown source on a fileshare?

Are you accessing the "hidden" service menus?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devon Aygo said:

Where did you get the firmware? From Toyota along with the instructions on how to update or from an unknown source on a fileshare?

Are you accessing the "hidden" service menus?

I found the file on a forum and yes I have access to the hidden menu but on the update page, I get the message to connect the USB stick but nothing happens once it's connected

Maybe you should change the firmware you got. Tried any other source ?

Ok BE-0044T-0415 has been replaced and the latest software is ##3953, Have you extracted the install file directly to the root of the USB. there should only be one file called something like 13TXDAEU-CA82_9999.kwi on the usb and nothing else.

Does your current software definitely start XE####

10 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Ok BE-0044T-0415 has been replaced and the latest software is ##3953, Have you extracted the install file directly to the root of the USB. there should only be one file called something like 13TXDAEU-CA82_9999.kwi on the usb and nothing else.

Does your current software definitely start XE####

My current software is XE3864 and on my USB stick there is just a single .kwi file. I really don't understand why it's not working. Where can I find the 3953 version?

I have a touch 2 go with navigation, probably the firmware update comes with the map one. In which case I don't understand why I need to pay £119 for a firmware update. I don't want also a map update

10 hours ago, icchis said:

My current software is XE3864 and on my USB stick there is just a single .kwi file. I really don't understand why it's not working. Where can I find the 3953 version?

I have a touch 2 go with navigation, probably the firmware update comes with the map one. In which case I don't understand why I need to pay £119 for a firmware update. I don't want also a map update

The Touch 2 with Go is actually two separate units:

Touch 2 this is the DA ( Display audio ) unit as fitted to most Yaris  

Go navigation this is the MEU ( Media extension unit ) that can be added to the above to give additional media and navigation functions

Both units have separate updates the XE#### firmware is for the DA unit and it is not published for general consumer use however you can access it via Toyota's public access site at www.toyota-tech.eu you will need to register ans some access is chargeable ( you can pay by hour, week, month etc ) the latest version being XE3953 if you have a fault or a good relationship with your dealer then you can get this done by them as a favour or under warranty.

The MEU is updated in conjunction with the bi-annual map dates if you have a car under 3 years old or a fault with the navigation then you can approach your dealer for a free update under the 3 year "map guarantee" or warranty otherwise the update is chargeable.

I have had a good read through the update guide for the DA and have found why you are having issues to update a DA unit with a CD player fitted with a MEU you need to move the lead from the USB out of the MEU and into the DA as you cannot update the firmware in the DA through the MEU, to do this you have to remove the DA from the dash & disconnect it form the car swap the plugs rebuild, update, then switch all the leads back.

I suggest speaking to your dealer and seeing if they will do this for you or using the website above and following the relevant technical service bulletins step by step.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lee, are you sure that XE3953 has the same bulletin number as the older version BE-0044T-0415 or did you mistype and mean XE3935? (which is what is loaded in my 2017 Yaris Touch 2 w/Go)

Yea XE3953 is the latest, bulletin BE-0044T-0415 has been replaced by a new Touch 2 "diagnostic support guide"

Ah ok. I went onto the EU site last night and couldn't see any reference to a new one? Still showing the old?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

On 8/25/2019 at 2:00 PM, Devon Aygo said:

Yea XE3953 is the latest, bulletin BE-0044T-0415 has been replaced by a new Touch 2 "diagnostic support guide"

Went onto the site again today Lee and it is only showing "Last update date 19/08/2016" under that bulletin? How did you find XE3953 and where? (and yes, I am registered and logged in - have been for a few years)

I suppose the important question is what is the bulletin number document that contains the link to the XE3953 update? 

Hi all

I have been doing a lot of research into the touch 2 systems in the past month or so, I have gathered a lot of information in that time

This may be useful  to some https://www.toyota-tech.eu/td/ditabulletin/index.aspx?link=fi9OR0J1bGxldGluL0JFLTAwMTAxVC1UTUVFTi9pbmRleC5odG1s

Just as a teaser there is another hidden menu, ATM I'm looking to see if there is a way into the touch2, tbh I'm a hardware guy so the firmware is not my strong point, i'm aware of the various sites, but they are from around 2012-13 and don't go into much detail

If there is interest i will post some more info

ps. register on mytoyota - register your sat nav and it gives you access to any updates

• Like 1

Hi Bob, welcome to TOC 🙂

On 8/26/2019 at 5:48 PM, CPN said:

Went onto the site again today Lee and it is only showing "Last update date 19/08/2016" under that bulletin? How did you find XE3953 and where? (and yes, I am registered and logged in - have been for a few years)

I suppose the important question is what is the bulletin number document that contains the link to the XE3953 update? 

Apologies for the delay Toyota took the bulletin down for a while the new reference is BE-00101T-TME however this is just a introduction referencing all the earlier bulletins and linking to a new "Touch2 with Go Diagnostic Manual" which contains a step by step diagnostic, update and repair process. 

• 1 year later...

Does somebody have the firmware update available?
Currently the version installed is XE3864, and it has a major issue with music playing from the USB.

Not only does shuffle not work well (pressing the previous or next button just picks a random song, it doesn't keep a shuffled list in its memory), but if you choose to play from the all songs tab, turn off the vehicle and then turn it on again, it picks the album of the song that was last played (why Toyota, why?!)

Unfortunately the link posted in this thread doesn't work.

As per the other thread what is the Device ID and software Version

Settings > General > System Information

Thank you for the firmware upgrade, the issues regarding shuffle and playlist on startup have been solved!

• Like 1

On 11/25/2020 at 3:28 PM, FPSUsername said:

Does somebody have the firmware update available?
Currently the version installed is XE3864, and it has a major issue with music playing from the USB.

Not only does shuffle not work well (pressing the previous or next button just picks a random song, it doesn't keep a shuffled list in its memory), but if you choose to play from the all songs tab, turn off the vehicle and then turn it on again, it picks the album of the song that was last played (why Toyota, why?!)

Unfortunately the link posted in this thread doesn't work.

I also have the same issue and exactly the same software version

SW version: XE3864
System ID: 13TXDAEU-CA02

could I have a copy of the updated firmware too please?

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

No problem Pm on its way

Thank you!! It now remembers the correct album and track that was playing rather than just tracks from the same artist.

This is my version of the yaris software .

Should it need a update ? 

IMG-6317-Original.jpg

it should be up to date being a 2019

I will look it up shortly for you

• Like 1