Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Firmware upgrade

icchis

Thanks Flash 😉

Where do you find this information ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2020 at 10:45 PM, Rich_yaris said:

Thank you!! It now remembers the correct album and track that was playing rather than just tracks from the same artist.

Hello Rich_yaris

Any improvement about the music album artwork not shown issue with new firmware?

Album artwork on a usb stick - You need to have the jpg in the directory of the album its related too, it's not contained in the tag

22 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Album artwork on a usb stick - You need to have the jpg in the directory of the album its related too, it's not contained in the tag

I have never tried copying JPGs into directories, embedded into files, I will have a try.

Thx...

2 hours ago, kubilay said:

Hello Rich_yaris

Any improvement about the music album artwork not shown issue with new firmware?

Hello. I've never copied album art so can't compare with the new firmware. I've never thought about using album art in the car

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/25/2020 at 5:18 PM, flash22 said:

13 shows its a MM13 DA

i will send you a PM

I have

SW version: XE3934
System ID: 13TXDAEU-CA02

YARIS HSD 2016 TT2 no nav

Can you send me please the private message too. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2020 at 9:03 PM, flash22 said:

On 12/12/2020 at 1:47 PM, flash22 said:

If you use iTunes the ID3 tag points at the default Artwork folder

I've never seen artwork shown on the Gen 1 Touch 2 system. I have mp3 files with embedded artwork and also the jpg file in the folder. Perhaps it's still bugged?

I wonder if people will start to modify the firmware in the future to add/unlock features.

Example is the RNS-E from audi, there exists a custom firmware and it has added some features and fixes.

It should work, the touch 2 is ultra secure the update files use a modern version of the .KWI files there is little to no information on the structure or how its extracted, i now have Ethernet network access to my touch 2 what i have on the bench i have tried a lot of ways to access the system, some of it is way above my skill set (i'm a hardware and repair type)

i'm just about to embark on scoping the pcb and finding what everything does

On 1/5/2021 at 4:33 PM, FPSUsername said:

I've never seen artwork shown on the Gen 1 Touch 2 system. I have mp3 files with embedded artwork and also the jpg file in the folder. Perhaps it's still bugged?

I wonder if people will start to modify the firmware in the future to add/unlock features.

Example is the RNS-E from audi, there exists a custom firmware and it has added some features and fixes.

Here is my experience with the album cover on the screen of my Touch2 with no Go (86140-0D100) . I'm sure two or three years ago I saw album art of several songs on my Touch2 screen while using a  borrowed USB stick full of songs. But now, no matter what I try, I cannot capture any album covers on the screen. At that time the stock version was installed on the device and I updated 2 times in past 3 years.

Albums pulled from my iTunes directory direct to usb (artwork added in or by iTunes) just a quick snap with an old camera i had to hand, TT2 with go 1436434541_IMG_1621(Small).thumb.JPG.c184ea5978942fe1f665fc6d5f86ba62.JPG

1180205883_IMG_1622(Small).thumb.JPG.ddc67f29013f8a4ee662a57f38d13d8c.JPG

DA only NO artwork displayed !!!!!!!!!!!! BUT connecting a phone or ipod it displays the artwork from that

edit. Its almost like its ignoring the mp3 tag i used MP3TAG deleted the artwork and added the one on the usb drive - still nothing

Could you perhaps share more info about how the artwork is embedded and what the file type is (if that's eligible).

Perhaps a thing to note, do you have a gen1 or gen2 touch 2? I don't think it should make a huge difference, I believe they both run the same software (v3953 is the latest one for gen1)

Oddly enough, you mention that it shows the album art when you connect a phone or ipod. I connected my phone through bluetooth and it never showed artwork using spotify or blackplayer ex with FLAC files that have complete tags and album art

Odd. I checked and most of the music has the artwork embedded as 1200x1200 jpg.

I added the artworks which were missing, but it still doesn't strike me that I've ever seen the artwork in the car. Does it need to be in the folder as well as a jpg file or is embedded in the mp3 files enough?

Hello

Just recently purchased a Yaris 2016 years model and noticed outdated firmware on my Touch2.

I came across toyota-tech website but seems the download link for the latest version is hidden behind a paywall. Clicking on bulletin link takes me to front page

Software: XE3896
Unit ID: 13TXDAEU-CA02

Any ideas?

On 1/8/2021 at 2:01 PM, flash22 said:

PM sent, the TSB is now outdated

What do you mean by TSB?

TSB - Toyota Service Bulletin

• Like 1

TSB - Technical Service Bulletin

most of the audio is now all under another system not the TSB one

• Like 1

and the following: if you can help me ... I have a family member who bought 2 redmi 9 at Christmas and is having the following problem: in the car after the cell phones are paired when they make or receive a call they constantly fail, that is during the conversation continues but passes the radio, then comes back to the call, goes back to the radio..always like this ... or be the blutooth is always failing..the car in a toyota yaris 2017 .he was already toyota to see if there was any radio update but there is nothing..now know what you can do

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone.

I have a Yaris with TT2 nonavi with ID 13TXDAEU-CA02 and software XE3934

I read that there's a newer XE3953 version available.

I tried to obtain more infor or a download on toyota-tech.eu with no luck

I was able to find only te older BE-0044T-0415 that should cover my actual SW.

Do anybody hby chance has a doc with changes and/or the update file?

Regards.

On 1/11/2021 at 12:42 AM, Gandarela said:

and the following: if you can help me ... I have a family member who bought 2 redmi 9 at Christmas and is having the following problem: in the car after the cell phones are paired when they make or receive a call they constantly fail, that is during the conversation continues but passes the radio, then comes back to the call, goes back to the radio..always like this ... or be the blutooth is always failing..the car in a toyota yaris 2017 .he was already toyota to see if there was any radio update but there is nothing..now know what you can do

Redmi phones in particular are really horrible from a software quality point of view, and Xiaomi in general is not that great for this, better then Huawei, but not enough.

Search for phone updates, not car ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,
I need to update the firmware of my Yaris. I found instructions but I'm not sure what firmware I should use.

Current firmware:
version: XE3864

ID: 13TXDAEU-CA02

Any help would be much appreciated.
Regards,