Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Firmware upgrade

icchis

Hey Flash,

I finally got around using the Yaris again (since it's not my car, but I can use it on demand), I still didn't get any album arts to show up. All files have embedded album arts at 1200x1200 resolution in jpeg format. I also included the cover.jpg file in the directory.

Maybe it's a difference between CA02 and CA04 headunits? Although I highly doubt it, since they run the same software.

On a sidenote, you mentioned that the TSB is outdated (2016), but there's no newer TSB available for the firmware of the headunit. I did see BE-00034T-TME, but that's for the navigation module and not the headunit (unless they bundled the two firmwares, which would be a horrible thing for non nav setups).

In case this helps, my OH's Yaris (firmware 3934) does display album art as long as the "folder.jpg" is in the same directory (i.e. not cover.jpg)

• Like 1

It's an odd glitch I have a XE and HE units with the up to date firmware on both

All the touch2 info is now in the repair guide, what is updated from time to time

On 3/4/2021 at 11:55 AM, roswellgrey said:

In case this helps, my OH's Yaris (firmware 3934) does display album art as long as the "folder.jpg" is in the same directory (i.e. not cover.jpg)

Do you literally name it "folder.jpg" or do you name the jpg after the folder (example "myalbum/myalbum.jpg")?

Literally "folder.jpg" for all folders, regardless of folder name

• Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 4:42 PM, roswellgrey said:

Literally "folder.jpg" for all folders, regardless of folder name

I tried it today but no luck, it still doesn't show up on mine.

Hey guys, new to the forum here.

My version is in the picture:

20210309_151544.thumb.jpg.9f8baeb16d5b509b013cff208761d642.jpg

If anyone got the newest update please PM me, although it would be nice also to know whats new with that firmware.

I' ve got the Touch 2 system without the GO (navi) and i have to admit that the shuffle option on the car is one of the worst. Its like the player is deliberately ignoring some folders and favors others from the USB, really odd.

Also never got to see any covers from the albums and as far i know these are only displayed on cars with the GO (navi) option. It would be nice if anyone eventually finds a solution to this.

One of the most standard features on most cars and we are struggling to find a solution like its the covid cure or something, go figure...

On 3/4/2021 at 12:55 PM, roswellgrey said:

Is it the Touch 2 with GO model?

There are 6 different firmware types XE, HE, VE, FE, TE and GE

the Yaris mainly uses XE and HE (Denso) firmware, if you have either of these it's a Touch2 DA (display Audio)

The touch2 with GO, displays a software version and Map ID, in the system information instead

On 3/4/2021 at 11:56 AM, flash22 said:

It's an odd glitch I have a XE and HE units with the up to date firmware on both

All the touch2 info is now in the repair guide, what is updated from time to time

Does the album art show up on both XE and HE units?

I have a unit with XE3953 firmware. Is it still the most up to date firmware.

Kind of crazy that there are six different firmware types. Do some have extra features and are they interchangeable?

Edit: looking at the pic above, the HE unit is 2nd generation. I have the 1st generation unit.

Its all the same hardware, the updates are encrypted and signed, so you can not interchange them

Both the XE and HE support A/V in and AUX In as well as the reverse cam, the HE has HDMI in as well but i have not verified if the 1st gen touch2 supports it

23 hours ago, gerar said:

Is it the Touch 2 with GO model?

It is. Firmware HE3934 / Nav version 6.9.0WL (2017 maps)

3 hours ago, flash22 said:

The Nav overrides the DA firmware and uses its own Bluetooth and USB

Maybe a long stretch, but perhaps the nav unit has a working implementation for "folder.jpg" when reading the usb? Anyhow, it's just another halfassed job from Toyota where they didn't properly implement reading of albumart. I don't see a proper fix for it unless Toyota decides to update the firmware (I'm sure that they won't do it).

Definitely the whole "reading system" of the album covers seems to be implemented in the navi unit.

And i am sure that if anyone decides right now to upgrade his system with the navi GO feature he will be able to see the covers. Just wandering how much this upgrade costs.

Another lame mistake by Toyota and if i remember correct the car manual does not mentions anything about it.

As i said above album artwork, works with Android and iPod but not USB

Hi, I'm also looking for firmware update for my Toyota Yaris. Maybe somebody can send me a link to update. Thanks!

IMG_5965.jpg

17 hours ago, gerar said:

Definitely the whole "reading system" of the album covers seems to be implemented in the navi unit.

And i am sure that if anyone decides right now to upgrade his system with the navi GO feature he will be able to see the covers. Just wandering how much this upgrade costs.

Another lame mistake by Toyota and if i remember correct the car manual does not mentions anything about it.

It's not worth the effort.

Toyota would possibly charge 500-600 euro for the job. I checked eBay for nav boxes but they're also 600 euro.

A shame that album art doesn't work for usb. Haven't seen it through bluetooth either with my phone (although the files aren't called "folder.jpg", so I might change that in the future).

£150-250 is the going rate for the nav module - i picked up a later silver button touch 2 with nav for £90 with a busted screen (car had been rolled) I had the screen on the shelf

That's surprisingly cheap. I don't know the correct part number for the 1st gen headunit, but I found BE7718, which retails at 300+ euros on eBay.

The yaris uses the QNG-BE2808 from 2014 (BE7718 is Harman's part number)

QNG-BE2808 is the certification id, but its the more common ID people use

I guess the navi unit is the one on the bottom with the sticker while the player is the one above, right?

s-l1600.jpg