Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Firmware upgrade

icchis

Yes, the navi unit is at the bottom. I did find some units at 200 euro on eBay using the Toyota part number.

I was more interested in mirror link to get android auto on the headunit from my phone, but those kits also cost 200 euro. Not really worth it imo.

Hi everyone, I have a CM16 head unit (sw version 6.11.0WL) and I'm trying to connect a Samsung smartphone through USB cable to use mirrorlink but I failed miserably. Is there anyone that has succeeded? Or would a software update increase my chances of success?

Does the phone support mirrorlink ? To do an update you need to purchase a map as you have a Touch2 with Go

I have tried with a Samsung Galaxy S4 with mirrorlink 1.0 that I use successfully on a Toyota Rav4 (MM13 head unit) and a Samsung Galaxy S8 with mirrorlink 1.1 (does not work on my Rav4). Do you know if the maps update will also update the system software? I was under the impression that the maps and the DA part of the head unit were independent software.

They are independent, but the GO nav takes control of the system inc USB And bluetooth when installed as the nav has its own processor

I'm unsure how the mirrorlink is implemented, but you can try a DA update what requires the Nav module to be disconnected and the usb plugged into the DA instead of the nav

once you have the DA system info, post it on here (its more than likely starts with HE) i can PM you the update if required

What you are saying makes sense, since the phone indicates mirrorlink is connected but the head unit doesn't 'detect' it, and I have read some posts saying the same head unit without navigator works with mirrorlink. So my next step is finding out how to deactivate the navigator 🙂

The only way is to disconnect it there is no off button

Do you know if I could run into any problems with warranty, and if the navigator would work right away if I connected it again?

By the way, thanks for your help!

Thanks for the instructions! They may also come in handy in the future since I'm tempted to buy a 3rd party head unit with built in android, if I find one that allows keeping the car configuration menu. I bought the car 2nd hand and I would be willing to sacrifice the navigator if mirrorlink works. Google Maps or Waze blow the toyota navigator out of the water in my humble opinion.

I searched a bit and found two interesting youtube videos:

How to remove toyota yaris MK3 head unit

GPS Navigation System for Toyota Touch 2 on Android. Auris, Prius, RAV4

Does anyone know if the GPS module is plug&play or it needs to be activated through OBD2 cable after connecting it?

One more question: What do you think would happen if I just reconnect the USB cable from the GPS module to the head unit? I wonder if then I could have both mirrorlink and toyota navigator working.

if you have the Nav plugged in, it disables the USB on the DA

Its plug and play it does not need programming

To the best of my knowledge no aftermarket radio support the OEM menus as its part of the software

As i said above find out what version the DA is running

This ithe latest incredibly large list of TT2 Yaris part number revisions.

Vehicle Part number Software Version

Yaris 86140-0D090 XE3953
Yaris 86140-0D100 XE3953
Yaris 86140-0D110 XE3953
Yaris 86140-0D120 XE3953
Yaris 86140-0D130 XE3953
Yaris 86140-0D140 XE3953
Yaris 86140-0D150 XE3953
Yaris 86140-0D160 XE3953
Yaris 86140-0D170 XE3953
Yaris 86140-0D180 XE3953
Yaris 86140-0D190 XE3953
Yaris 86140-0D200 XE3953
Yaris 86140-0D210 XE3953
Yaris 86140-0D220 XE3953
Yaris 86140-0D230 XE3953
Yaris 86140-0D240 XE3953
Yaris 86140-0D250 XE3953
Yaris 86140-0D260 XE3953
Yaris 86140-0D270 XE3953
Yaris 86140-0D280 XE3953
Yaris 86140-0D290 XE3953
Yaris 86140-0D300 XE3953

On 3/18/2021 at 1:10 PM, flash22 said:

if you have the Nav plugged in, it disables the USB on the DA

Its plug and play it does not need programming

To the best of my knowledge no aftermarket radio support the OEM menus as its part of the software

As i said above find out what version the DA is running

I've managed to find the version info without disconnecting the go module:

Software: HE3945

Hardware: 13TXDAEU-CA04

Only just seen your post, you will need to swap the usb cable over to do the update - PM sent

@Andy4 if you haven't seen it..................

@flash22 I think I might know why album art from ID3V2 tags doesn't work though USB, although it's unconfirmed.

In the MP3 files that I have, there’s a string in the picture tag that is a description. The description is in Unicode encoding, instead of more normal ISO-8859-1. It could be that the Touch 2 doesn't anticipate on Unicode encoding, but rather on ISO-8859-1.

I get this information and idea through the Audi RNS-E custom firmware, which currently only anticipates on ISO-8859-1 encoding, as the developer told me. He said that he will fix it in the firmware for the Audi RNS-E headunit. Back to the Touch 2, this might also be the case, although, unconfirmed.

Stuart (dev of custom RNS-E firmware), made a program to make album art compatible with the firmware for the RNS-E unit by modifying the album art in the tags. In case anyone want to give it a go and see if this shows album art through USB and report back, that'd be great.

The only thing you'll have to do (I think) is to select "Recreate and replace any previous artwork files" or perhaps select "Resize embedded ID3 tag artwork to 256x256 images", as this option will overwrite the album art's description with the ISO-8859-1 encoding.

You may be on to something - Just had a look in Mp3tag - Options

1258674453_mp3tagoptions.thumb.jpg.c163ce502537f38542118ff4873627f7.jpg

So I just did a test between all the ID3v2 tag encodings using MP3 Tag and I also used the RNS-E tool.

Unfortunately none of them showed me the album art.

Hello Flash22,

I have a Yaris with version xe3864 ans ID 13TXDAEU-CA02

I want to upgrade the software.

Can you send me this please ?

Thank you

And I have an other Yaris (2012) but I don't know the version of software ( I don't find how to see the version) and I think it's too old for upgrade no ?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, new user here from Ireland.

My wife has just bought a new (second-hand!) 2018 Yaris Hybrid, and we've been playing around with the head unit which as far as I can tell is a Touch 2 (without the SatNav).

Two things that I can't find the answer to in the useless manual which seems to list every kind of head unit apart from the one that's actually fitted are ...

1) If I plug in a USB stick with music on it, it starts playing the first track of a random album, but I can't see any list of the music available, either by Artist, Album, Song or Genre, the list is just empty. If you skip to the next track it carries on until it gets to the end of the album and then skips to a new, seemingly random, one. All files are tagged correctly with MP3Tag and work fine on my car (Kia Niro). There's also no album art, but I see from  reading through this thread that seems to be a common issue.

2) I can't for the life of me figure out how to tune in the FM radio frequencies, again the manual is useless for this. Or does it, like my old Nissan, do it "automatically" in the background?

Model ID: 13TXDAEU-CA04, Software Version: HE3945

Is this the latest, and if not can anyone point me to a newer version, and does it address any of the issues with USB music?

Thanks a lot!

3945 has the MP3 bug in it iirc

2. on the radio screen you have 3 buttons across the bottom tap manual and use the  tune it

1419623052_TT2Radiobasics.thumb.jpg.1842f1f4b307f10b8232efba0d5eefca.jpg

I will PM you shortly

46 minutes ago, flash22 said:

3945 has the MP3 bug in it iirc

2. on the radio screen you have 3 buttons across the bottom tap manual and use the  tune it

1419623052_TT2Radiobasics.thumb.jpg.1842f1f4b307f10b8232efba0d5eefca.jpg

I will PM you shortly

Ok, I think I get it now, will experiment later and report back. PM received with thanks :)