Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2003 Celica 140 Premium advice

davecullen6

Hi Folks

In addition to my trusty Avensis which I discuss in the forum, I have seen a quite tidy silver Celica locally, 84 k, good service history long no advisory MOT, I am quite tempted, what should I look for (apart from a noisy exhaust, see my other post!)

thanks

Dave

Not many prob areas, generally rust at back and subframes and sills, leaking rads/ps cooler pipes, condition of brakes/corroded alloys.

Oh and condition of oil and evidence of changes pre 2003 had a well known tendency to burn oil on the 140s.

So facelift 03 onwards are prolly the only ones to really go for checkout www.celica-club.co.uk more on there

7 hours ago, gezhenry said:

checkout www.celica-club.co.uk more on there

This question has been answered many times on the above forum 🙂

10 hours ago, Scarlett Arrow said:

This question has been answered many times on the above forum 🙂

fine, but I was just asking for some general advice, thanks gez, it is a facelift model, appreciate YOUR help

dave

3 minutes ago, davecullen6 said:

fine, but I was just asking for some general advice, thanks gez, it is a facelift model, appreciate YOUR help

dave

Sorry I bothered.

Lol yeah sorry didn't read the ful l title yeah everything from generally a 52 plate s facelift obviously u know how to tell the diff, yours sounds ok fairly avensisy with the same engine reliability.

The big expensive no no s to look out for first on these after the mot history is rust on the osr subframe and maybe the sills tho it's hard to tell without removing the covers, and yeah maybe still the oil as post facelift s aren't stil l immune.

the rests general car stuff apart fro m those previous items I've mentioned which are fairly cheap to rectify anyway there s not that much that goes wrong with em , as previously been mentioned ahem there's more specific info on that website.

I'd recommend em as a good all rounder I'd recommend the 140 with a decent body as the panels and paint can be fragile, high mileage s not really an issue if looked after, as I've stated later ones are better id look for clutch life and overheating due to not being bled properly I've seen a few for sale with those issues too

Hth

thanks again gez, really helpful info, if its still available on sunday, I am going to look at it, the MOT history looks great, and if the build quality on a par with my avensis, I can't see me having many problems, cheers 

dave

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links