Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any idea what this says anyone?

Hybridjunky

Just bought my first Estima Hybrid and noticed that just before Ready is displayed, it beeps and this message is displayed.

I had the Lexus RX400 hybrid where it displayed a similar message and turned out that the petrol filling cap hadn't been tightened fully.

I am hoping this is something trivial like that!

Any input will be appreciated.

Cheers

IMG_20190822_102837.jpg

Ok so according to my Japanese friend it says initial check but if anyone knows otherwise please share.

Cheers

google lens app

cannot belive you have jap car but you are not using google lens with translate function on your smartphone!??

Google translate on your phone does the same thing, no need to install additional stuff on your phone.

Open it, adjust the language, click on camera icon, take a photo, it recognizes the text and auto translates, or you can just swipe your finger on the part of text you want to translate.

Thanks for that suggestion furtula. I've already done that and got the same answer "initial check". I would just like to know if other Estima hybrid owners get the same message at startup?!

Cheers

• 5 months later...

Sorry to break it to you: This lights up when there's a problem with Battery traction. In my case it meant I had to replace the high voltage Battery at a cost of £2,250. The warning message normally comes in conjunction to others, such as stability control, abs, brakes and engine. It's one of the signs of Battery end of life. I don't know if there are any other reasons why you would get that. Has you fuel consumption gone up? Does the battery charge go from low to high and viceversa quite quickly? If so, again symptoms of a tired main battery. 

Sorry, I wish I could have said something else.

• 3 months later...

Hi Javier

I've now been driving the car for a while and haven't had any issues with the car and no other lights have ever come up. Also just to repeat that this light only comes up for a few seconds when the car is first switched on. I have been getting pretty good mpg as well and the main Battery appears to be getting charged and discharged as it should because I keep an eye on it with the hybrid assistant app. Perhaps if this message comes up when you are driving the car then it means trouble and not when it is just doing the initial check on startup.

What's more, I had a look at a few other hybrid estimas of same model and they all display the same message at startup.

Cheers

• 1 year later...
On 5/26/2020 at 2:30 PM, Hybridjunky said:

Hi Javier

I've now been driving the car for a while and haven't had any issues with the car and no other lights have ever come up. Also just to repeat that this light only comes up for a few seconds when the car is first switched on. I have been getting pretty good mpg as well and the main Battery appears to be getting charged and discharged as it should because I keep an eye on it with the hybrid assistant app. Perhaps if this message comes up when you are driving the car then it means trouble and not when it is just doing the initial check on startup.

What's more, I had a look at a few other hybrid estimas of same model and they all display the same message at startup.

Cheers

Hi, what mpg are you getting please ( would love to know ) as i have 2010 2.4 petrol and i,m getting around 20mpg 

Thanks

Hi Javier

Cheers

Hi Javier

Cheers

Hi, what mpg are you getting please ( would love to know ) as i have 2010 2.4 petrol and i,m getting around 20mpg 

Thanks

Hi, what mpg are you getting please ( would love to know ) as i have 2010 2.4 petrol and i,m getting around 20mpg Hi, what mpg are you getting please ( would love to know ) as i have 2010 2.4 petrol and i,m getting around 20mpg On 5/26/2020 at 2:30 PM, Hybridjunky said:

Hi Javier

Cheers

• 3 months later...

psingh I get anywhere between 30 and 40 mpg depending on if I'm doing short trips (30mpg) or constant speed motorway drive (40mpg)

Hope this helps.

• 1 year later...

I'm interested to know what the bars mean on the right hand side under "READY". I know the primary one that translates to "running" and it's clear to me the power spend vs accumulation as I have an Auris hybrid from the UK. But there are two bars to the right, one translates to "Air Conditioner" and the other to "electrical".

What are these trying to show me? 🤔 

16727569328811098983419324133291.jpg