Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Approved used Yaris 1.33 SR

ace8800

Hi all,

I just left a deposit on a 12 plate SR in white 5 door with 61k from Toyota Bham. Managed to get 24 months Warranty and 2 years service plan thrown in too for the asking price.

Looking forward to picking it up on the weekend. I bought this for a daily commute of a 36mile round trip. I had a similar commute some years back in a Mk2 1.4D4D and it was fault free and returned great MPG (50+).. but due to congestion charges coming in and my budget i settled for a 1.33Vvt-i this time.

So my questions are:

1. Whats the realistic differences in MPG between the D4D and vvti?

2. Can you change the rear light to the Trend model LEDs?

Thanks in advance.

In my Mk2 1.33 TR no matter what I do 48 to 52 mpg is average on 5 miles of A road and 10 miles of free flowing motorway each way daily.

If driven slow 60mpg can easily achieved bream to bream.

Can't comment about LED's.

• Thanks 1

Wow that really good.. i will be doing my 30of the 38 miles on a A road. Its actually not that much of the Diesel then.

Thanks @Shavestick

Thought id add a quick update buying  my Yaris used approved.

Well first of all i sat there debating i saw pictures of the car with sat nav and they said because you dont have the pictures and Birmingham didn't advertise the they would need to contact Colne Toyota to find out.. anyway one hour later they got the pictures and confirmed the advert DID have a SAT NAV pic.. and they would now honor that and put a SAT NAV in the car 🙂. So the car will be booked in to get that done.

Second thing is that the AC is not working and again will be looked at. 

I will also be questioning the 60k service it was "meant" to have, because the pollen filter is Dirty as F@#% and the Air filter is the same.. im sure the 60k service is meant to the major one.

Apart form that all good and really do like the car, very smooth and quiet.

On 8/26/2019 at 6:46 PM, ace8800 said:

Thought id add a quick update buying  my Yaris used approved.

Well first of all i sat there debating i saw pictures of the car with sat nav and they said because you dont have the pictures and Birmingham didn't advertise the they would need to contact Colne Toyota to find out.. anyway one hour later they got the pictures and confirmed the advert DID have a SAT NAV pic.. and they would now honor that and put a SAT NAV in the car 🙂. So the car will be booked in to get that done.

Second thing is that the AC is not working and again will be looked at. 

I will also be questioning the 60k service it was "meant" to have, because the pollen filter is Dirty as F@#% and the Air filter is the same.. im sure the 60k service is meant to the major one.

Apart form that all good and really do like the car, very smooth and quiet.

Engine air filter is every 40k/4yr , Pollen is check every service and replace as required, Spark plugs would have been done with 60k , ask for a copy of the Service invoice

If it was 'used approved' then I would be questioning why it was sold  with non functional aircon.

As to mpg, have a look at this which is for the same engine in the slightly heavier Auris:

Auris 1.33L Fuel Consumption

thanks for that @Mooly, the car is due back next week for them to have a look at.. trust me I wont let that one go.

Its a shame to say some main dealers don't do proper checks.. if I had no mechanical knowledge I would have just though the car was all serviced. Good job I checked the filters, will do a check on the plugs on the weekend. I did a check on "My Toyota" site and no sign of plus being changed.. last Major Service was 40k. The 50k and 60k were minor ones 🙄.

Nearly same as what Shavestick said but i did more short journey's in my 1.33, use to get 48-58mpg out of her. 

So far driving local and one motorway journey of 100miles I'm averaging 46.7🙂

SAT NAV going in this Wed. I hope its has the 2019 version maps on it.