Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Check parking brake system and check vsc system

Subhani

Hi I have Toyota avensis d4d 2 litre . Car have problem that showing on dash (check parking brake system and check vsc system) when put computer it’s show me EGR exhaust flow . I cleaned the EGR put back and erased codes . After driving 40 or 50 miles same information came up again (check parking brake system and check vsc system) beside this there is auto brake off and engine light on? I don’t know what exactly wrong. Is any one have experienced like that if yes could you tell me what exactly I have to do fix this issue? 

Edited by FROSTYBALLS
Topic title edited to reflect subject

Hi & welcome to TOC 🙂

what code reader/software are you using? Is it generic or can it read Toyota-specific codes?

the parking brake & vsc warning coming on isn't unusual - there are so many interlinked sensors/systems in modern cars that they can have a knock-on effect bringing on warnings that you woud not think were related to the actual fault. They can even come on due to a failing 12V Battery.

Moved to the Avensis club.

I have read in Facebook Toyota Avensis, that you need to clean the inlet manifold and the pipe from the exhaust thoroughly, as well as the EGR itself. 
Also check that all brake lights are working. Even though they are LED, they can still fail!