Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Theft...

T V O R

As there are a lot of Yaris owners here, when your car is locked properly i.e.; deadlocked, immobilised alarmed with maybe a steering wheel deterrent, has anyone had their Yaris stolen?

I don’t hear of that many being taken, Fords and Rovers use to be easy to steal, but the Yaris?

Unless you know different.

<_<

i know of one that got pinched but only cos some left the keys in it :P

as for a forced steal i wouldnt have thought they are very easy after looking at how the locks are constructed and shrouded???

but then i doubt they appeal to theifs as much as other cars

I havent heard of any... but then again I dont think many self respecting Yaris owners park in 'dodgy areas' :P

I agree with Jaxx.... would-be theives are generally after easier cars, and the Yari I know have good security features.

Tho a mate of mine had his 'special' gold nicked the other week.... seems it was on a carjacking list... cause they broke into his house... stole his carkeys (and only his carkeys) and drove it off... left it in L'pool for a few days (they do this to make sure the car hasnt got a tracker)...luckily he did have a tracker and the police picked it up...

*shrugs...

Don't take this the wrong way, but I think the yaris image makes a good deterrant. Its contents are more likely to be nicked than the car itself.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I think the yaris image makes a good deterrant. Its contents are more likely to be nicked than the car itself.

:yes::yes::yes:

exactly

:thumbsup:

even if someone did have my keys, they wont be able to start the car via the keys or pushstart button, even if they ripout the alarm, the car still wont start

Im working on a remote kill device

as soon the ignition is swiched on, a sms is sent to me, they I have the option to kill the power via wifi

but if they knew how I did my wiring, the they could bypass it all

by wifi? so the car has to be about 20-feet away at most?

that doesn't make sense at all!

I only have the prototype, wifi is about 100 metres

the main thing will send a txt with 4-12 digits that will need to be entered in the car on a keypad within a time limit (about 5mins), im using simple components (555 chip for the timing)