Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.0L Touring Sports Fuel economy.

sundodger

2 hours ago, AndrueC said:

I've noticed a difference when the outside temp is below 16c. At that temperature the car won't even back up my drive on electric but instead starts the engine as soon as I ask for the slightest power. I think it's also lacking electric power in general because it's easier to accidentally wake the ICE up when trying to maintain all electric running. I think my right foot needs to re-learn how far to move the accelerator to keep it in electric mode.

Yes, I see the same. It will be interesting to see what happens if we get a cold spell! I imagine mpg will fall, just as a full EV range falls. I know the main Battery operates the air con, unlike a full ICE car, but assume the ICE in the hybrid will operate the heater? Unlike an EV which has to draw power from the Battery to run heating elements, a major reason why range drops in winter.

2 hours ago, Timmon said:

Yes, I see the same. It will be interesting to see what happens if we get a cold spell! I imagine mpg will fall, just as a full EV range falls. I know the main battery operates the air con, unlike a full ICE car, but assume the ICE in the hybrid will operate the heater? Unlike an EV which has to draw power from the battery to run heating elements, a major reason why range drops in winter.

Yes. I picked mine up in March at which time I was getting mid 50s MPG. Since then I've learnt to use the power indicator to hit 60 mpg average but I already know that the days of that are gone. Roll on next summer 🙂

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links