Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Audible warning noise

Cbatoday

Under the new rules, every new model of electric or hybrid vehicle introduced from July 1 this year must have the system, although it can be deactivated temporarily by the driver. From July 2021, however, the system will be mandatory in all new electric cars.

does this mean all our new corolla hybrids will be made to have an audible noise fitted from the dealers at the first service

I want mine to shout get off your phone and pay attention to your surroundings 

ridiculous 

No. 

Vehicles with new Type Approval from 1st July are required to have Acoustic Vehicle Alert Systems fitted as standard. The Corolla and Rav4 Type Approvals will pre-date this.

For those people who are visually impaired and are more reliant on hearing vehicles approaching, it isn't rediculous.

See:

6 hours ago, Cbatoday said:

Under the new rules, every new model of electric or hybrid vehicle introduced from July 1 this year must have the system, although it can be deactivated temporarily by the driver. From July 2021, however, the system will be mandatory in all new electric cars.

does this mean all our new corolla hybrids will be made to have an audible noise fitted from the dealers at the first service

I want mine to shout get off your phone and pay attention to your surroundings 

ridiculous 

You must have been sleeping, it was only a few weeks ago there was a thread on this forum discussing the new legislation. 

Not all pedestrians walk around with a phone stuck to their ear, nor wear headphones. Cars in general have got quieter, but electric and hybrid vehicles have taken the sound level to a new low which affects severely those with hearing impediments. So ridiculous legislation it may seem, but it’s not. 

I don't mind the thought of making a sound, an amplified version of the sound the car makes on Battery is fine and cool :-)
But yea there's quite a few threads on this already [emoji23]

I favour an electric hum, with an overlay of 'turbo howl' when you accelerate. Make it sound more aggressive than a milk float though 😕

Whatever is chosen it shouldn't be some stupid beeping or verbal warning. That would be horrible.

Although now I think about it Tie Fighter would be cool 🙂

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links