Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lane guidance

Cbatoday

When using the lane guidance feature and the "put your hands back on the wheel" warning pops up

Does the lane guidance feature turn of after a certain length of time 

Or stay on along with the warning

Getting a few customers asking about the hybrid system and how it differs from full electric

To quote the manual...

Hands off steering wheel warning In the following situations, a warning message urging the driver to hold the steering wheel and the symbol shown in the illustration are displayed on the multi-information display to warn the driver. The warning stops when the system determines that the driver holds the steering wheel. Always keep your hands on the steering wheel when using this system, regardless of warnings.

●When the system determines that the driver is driving without holding the steering wheel while the system is operating If the driver continues to keep their hands off of the steering wheel, the buzzer sounds, the driver is warned and the function is temporarily canceled. This warning also operates in the same way when the driver continuously operates the steering wheel only a small amount.

●When the system determines that the vehicle may not turn and instead depart from its lane while driving around a curve Depending on the vehicle condition and road conditions, the warning may not operate. Also, if the system determines that the vehicle is driving around a curve, warnings will occur earlier than during straight-lane driving.

●When the system determines that the driver is driving without holding the steering wheel while the steering wheel assist of the steering assist function is operating. If the driver continues to keep their hands off of the steering wheel and the steering wheel assist is operating, the buzzer sounds and the driver is warned. Each time the buzzer sounds, the continuing time of the buzzer becomes longer.

it doesn't seem to suggest that if you continually ignore it the feature is disabled, just the noises become more annoying.  That's how i would interpret the above.

Although i did just find out (when looking for the above info) that if you see the dots in the adaptive/dynamic cruise control with steering assist it means the car will follow the car in front!  I've been wondering what the difference with the dots where, must test it 🙂