Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth connected phone keeps disconnecting

PACorolla

My 2019 corolla hybrid excel is having problems using bluetooth to connect to my Samsung s7.

Quite regularly it seems to drop the bluetooth connection  displaying phone disconnected and then reconnect automatically. This interrupts the call but the phone line remains connected. Telephone conversation is impossible.

Any one else experiencing this regular  occasional dropout.

1 hour ago, PACorolla said:

My 2019 corolla hybrid excel is having problems using Bluetooth to connect to my Samsung s7.

Quite regularly it seems to drop the Bluetooth connection  displaying phone disconnected and then reconnect automatically. This interrupts the call but the phone line remains connected. Telephone conversation is impossible.

Not had any issues with my note 9

Try removing it from the info system in settings and reinstalling

Tried uninstalling on phone and car.

Power both down then pair car and phone. Also when pairing selecting no text messages.

No joy

At the moment I am waiting for a 2.0 Corolla Design. But I have the same problem with the bluetooth dropping out with my present car which is a Ford Focus and my Samsung S9.

I was hopping the bluetooth drop out would be a thing of the past with my new Toyota Corolla.

Problem  solved (i think)

After uninstalling and reinstalling bluetooth connection on car and phone cleared the bluetooth memory as follows

In your APPS click on Settings
Select Apps
Click on 3dots at top right of screen
Click on Show system apps
Scroll down and click on bluetooth
Click on Storage
Click on CLEAR CACHE
Click on CLEAR DATA

The use back key repeatedly  to get you back to you normal menu.

Seems ok after several days use

• 6 months later...
On 9/1/2019 at 8:30 AM, PACorolla said:

Problem  solved (i think)

After uninstalling and reinstalling Bluetooth connection on car and phone cleared the Bluetooth memory as follows

In your APPS click on Settings
Select Apps
Click on 3dots at top right of screen
Click on Show system apps
Scroll down and click on Bluetooth
Click on Storage
Click on CLEAR CACHE
Click on CLEAR DATA

The use back key repeatedly  to get you back to you normal menu.

Seems ok after several days use

Did not solve problem.

Dealer updated Audio software to 1011 but it still randomly disconnects phone during a call.

Back to the drawing board.

On 8/27/2019 at 8:46 PM, PACorolla said:

My 2019 corolla hybrid excel is having problems using Bluetooth to connect to my Samsung s7.

Quite regularly it seems to drop the Bluetooth connection  displaying phone disconnected and then reconnect automatically. This interrupts the call but the phone line remains connected. Telephone conversation is impossible.

I have the s7 edge as well and the only problem i've had was that it takes a while for the phone to connect, some times it has taken me 5 minutes or more for the phone to connect with the car. Other than that i don't think it has every disconnected from my phone while on the move. After researching though i see that a lot of people have this kind of problem even with ios, a solution that i found on forums is to download bluetooth Phonebook, some users say that it drains the battery(after 4 years of use my s7's battery isn't as strong as it used to be so it could be a problem) but if you have the qi wireless charger fitted to your car like i do it shouldn't be a problem.

I've had the same problem with my RAV4 that was built around April/May last year and delivered in June.  Also a Galaxy S7, which never, ever disconnected in my previous car.

I actually bought the S7 (because it did wireless charging) when I got my last Toyota, a 2016 Prius Excel, which had a wireless charging pad.  So I was not happy when the newer, more expensive RAV4 Excel didn't have wireless charging in the UK, even as an option, although it is standard on some models in other countries.

So far it has not disconnected during a call, or when streaming music via bluetooth.

I had the same problem with my Samsung S9 on my Corolla  and my Ford Focus i tried everything clearing the data and the cache which cured the problem for a couple of days so i reset the phone back to factory settings which cured the problem for a week or so but when the phone did a system update the problem was back. My wife as a Samsung J4 PLUS and as no problems with both cars. I have now changed my phone to Samsung A71 and i have no problems with the bluetooth connection at the moment.

I have an issue with bluetooth, but not disconnecting completely. It just got on and off repeatedly. My issue was and still is, I can't connect the Wifi, and bluetooth at the same time. So I turn my Wifi off, and my problem mostly solved. 

Hope works for you.

My S8 also has this this issue. Every 10 minutes or so the phone drops out.

If I'm making a call, the phone seems to keep connected, even if it takes 30 minutes or so. Have any one tried to stream music from the phone? Does it keep playing?

15 hours ago, Chriss27 said:

You all have Samsung phones, maybe there is an issue between the infotainment and Samsung phones ??

No problems with my S10.

• 4 months later...

I have the same problem with my Motorola MOTO G4.

Nope 

Have the same problem with a pixel 3 and pixel 4 

I can get them both working WiFi and bluetooth but as soon as use Android auto i loose.bluetooth until I shut down and restart 

The same with note 10.

I think problem is with phone, Battery saving or smth similar.

Poslano sa mog SM-N975F koristeći Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I have a 2017 highlander that just started disconnecting the phone. I disconnected the phone and reconnected it, but I cannot find the area to clear the blue tooth cache. 

• 4 months later...

Hi.  I have a 2015 Toyota RAV4 and just today noticed that the bluetooth connects and the disconnects constantly once I started the car. I tried deleting my phone from the car and forgetting the Toyota bluetooth connection in my phone and even tried rebooting my phone and it still does this once I pair my phone again. I have an iPhone 8. Any advice would be great!

Ive had problems like all the above in the past.  Always been fixed by clearing all  bluetooth settings in phone and car then rebooting phone before starting pairing process from scratch. I also disable wire-less while doing this and make sure Im in a quiet area (Without any other potential bluetooth devices around)

This often happens after a phone update. Delete all phones/pairing, reboot phone and pair again 

• 3 months later...

I have a 2017 Corolla SE and bluetooth calling worked great for several years with my Samsung Galaxy J7 phone. 

Two weeks ago I upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy A21 and bluetooth phone worked fine for the first week or so. But since, it disconnects from the and after a second or two reconnects. This continues until I switch to handset mode.

Toyota says there may be a software update available and it will cost $81!

On 2/17/2021 at 9:38 AM, Parts-King said:

This often happens after a phone update. Delete all phones/pairing, reboot phone and pair again 

Try the above.

• 4 weeks later...

Has there been a resolution to this issue?  I have a 2017 Corolla & just changed from a moto g which worked to a Samsung Galaxy that has this issue.