Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iphone Issue playing music

Steve Whits

I have an iPhone 6s and can stream music from it via bluetooth without an issue (Spotify).  Problem is if I connect the USB due to my phone being low on Battery it then shows as an ipod but I can't play any music at all it's very frustrating.

I think iPhone does not have charge only option as the Android, so it will be hard to go around this.

As a temporary solution you can use cigarette lighter charger, this will just charge the phone, and you should be able to play music just fine.

Hopefully someone comes up with a solution that lets you use your car USB instead.

That's not an option for me unfortunately as I have a dashcam permanently plugged in.

4 minutes ago, Steve Whits said:

That's not an option for me unfortunately as I have a dashcam permanently plugged in.

Hard wire the dash cam?

You can use USB adapter that only has + and - wires connected, so your iPhone should only charge then, like this.

Note that it says it does not work with Original Apple cable, so you might need to get a 3rd party cable to go with it.

The price is only few pounds for this, and it might be what you need, if you want to take a better look, just search for power charging cable extension.

image.thumb.png.1c849dc0497526581ea709d87a5dada6.png