Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2009 HiAce fitted with immobiliser?

Silvercamp

I'm currently in the process of buying a HiAce 2 litre petrol with automatic gearbox. It was registered in 2009 so does anyone know if it will be fitted with an immobiliser?

Immobilisers have been mandatory in all new cars sold in the United Kingdom since 1 October 1998.

It was pretty standard on a car even 10 years ago, why do you doubt yours might not have one?

12 minutes ago, furtula said:

Immobilisers have been mandatory in all new cars sold in the United Kingdom since 1 October 1998.

It was pretty standard on a car even 10 years ago, why do you doubt yours might not have one?

Thanks for reply and yes I am aware of UK regs but this is a Japanese import which is why I posted in this forum for Japanese imports

When sitting in drivers seat is there a red flashing light of a car should have a key shape in it showing, on dashboard without the keys in the ignition. That would be the imobliliser warning light.

38 minutes ago, TP49 said:

When sitting in drivers seat is there a red flashing light of a car should have a key shape in it showing, on dashboard without the keys in the ignition. That would be the imobliliser warning light.

Thanks but van is en-route from Japan so won't know for a few months yet

Worry not...it WILL have an immobiliser.

• Like 1