Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Filter in 2.4L

Zbynek

Hi everyone!

I became the owner of 2002 Estima (ACR30) in New Zealand and after puchase I have already changed all filters and fluids except fuel filter.

I was googling a lot, but I don’t know how to do that. Can you guys please help me with that? I have found a black box approx 30 cm behind Battery, the filter should be inside, but I don’t know how to remove it/open it. This is how the filter looks like:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=2255307341

Thank you for all kind of help.

That filter looks like it goes in the tank, so you would need to take the fuel pump module out to replace it.

Don't know if it's worth the trouble in that case, it would depend on your mileage on the car.

14 minutes ago, furtula said:

That filter looks like it goes in the tank, so you would need to take the fuel pump module out to replace it.

Don't know if it's worth the trouble in that case, it would depend on your mileage on the car.

Thank you for your quick reply. I didn't want to hear this 😕 Do you know if it's necessary to remove the whole tank or is there any access from cabin? Thank you once more!

In these types of filters, they are usually part of the pump module, so you take the backseat off, undo a few screws and pull the whole thing out.

Any special reason you want to replace it? Tank filters are usually there for the lifetime of the car, if the car is low mileage, i would not bother, unless your car has like 200k miles?

Almost  180k miles. The reason is that I don't know the history of my car so I wanted to prevent any further damages.

Unless you are having any performance reasons/signs to feel a need to change it I'd be inclined to leave it well alone.

If the black tube has a white/cream bottom you have to unscrew it. The filter should come out of the middle, replace and screw back up.

This is how to change the external fuel filter.

• 2 months later...

Hello guys,

thank you so much for all your replies! But finally I decided to return the fuel filter back, because of unnecessary complications.