Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2019 RAV4 windscreen camera calibration

Tomfromfife

I had my windscreen replaced today. It was also supposed to have the camera on the windscreen calibrated following the replacement.

When I collected the car, the Auto Windscreens fitter said that the calibration was automatic so didn’t need calibrating. He decided this because the diagnostic software  on the gadget that he connected to the car did not have an option to calibrate the camera. I of course asked if his diagnostic software was up to date to cover the new RAV4 and he assured me that it was. I also called Autoglass and their system said it did not need calibrating.

I then went to my dealer and the person on the service desk said it would need calibrating. I called Toyota customer services who were no help and referred me back to the dealer. They did give me a technical help line number which is £1.50 per minute, so I won’t be using that.

So, does it or does it not need calibrating. Does anyone have access to any Toyota documentation that states that calibration is necessary or not?

I don’t distrust the dealer so I booked it in for calibration but as it is a new model maybe it is clever enough to auto calibrate, but not sure how it could do that.

Thanks

Hi Martin,

I feel your pain over this issue, unfortunately you are going to be the guinea pig for the rest of us here, it really is not acceptable customer service from either party imho and I do hope you get a resolve ASAP.

How far have you driven, does it seem to be working correctly ?

I have driven about 40 miles and the lane detection and speed speed limit detection work ok. The fitter tested the collision detection and he said it worked fine. I’m glad it worked or I might have a broken car.

i also asked the question on the US RAV4 forum and they say that they get the calibration done by the dealer.

https://www.rav4world.com/threads/2019-rav4-hybrid-windshield-camera-calibration.300958/

i will write a more succinct topic on windscreen replacement soon so that others don’t go through the same pain.

This site may be interesting regarding ADAS and calibration. Not all sections are up to date for 2019 RAV4

https://rts.i-car.com/oem-calibration-requirements-search/calv-3101.html

It refers to DTC and MIL, diagnostic trouble code (DTC) or turn on a malfunction indicator lamp (MIL).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links