Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2005 2.0 Avensis Starting Issues

dforsdike

Hi

Recently bought a low mileage 72k Avensis, it had been sitting around unused for about 11 months.

When I picked it up I brought a new Battery with me fitted it and started fine.

Next day started fine took to MOt station and passed .

When starting again a few hours after this it wouldn't start, got someone to jump me , started fine went to place I got Battery from they tested it and said duff Battery. Have me a new one fitted it all good.

Next day same problem, I've been doing some research I think it's the alternator seized or not working.

There's a click when turning ignition so starter motor seems fine.

Now I'm no car mechanic so might be wrong anyone have similar experience or ideas of what's wrong

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It might be worth getting some sort of a cheap battery/alternator tester, just to see if you are getting a charging voltage out of your electrical system. Although, I would suspect that the regulator may be bad on your alternator, causing Battery damage. You can't rule out getting two bad batteries from the same source, even though it would be a very unlikely and unlucky thing to happen.

A click from the starter motor doesn't mean it's fine. Does it spin the engine? If not, then the solenoid built into the starter could be the culprit

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links