Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pagid refurbished caliper problem

bobabobajob

From Eurcarparts. Left hand rear. Fitted it but handbrake didn't work. The muppets had given me a left hand caliper with a right hand threaded piston. Hadnt had to wind it back when fitting as it qas a good snug fit to the pads and slot lined up out of the box.

Got a refund but a waste of a couple of hours. Just a warning that these are about. Lost faith with ECP and got one from Mr T instead.

After bleeding brakes i also bled clutch and it is much improved when pulling off. Used to be a bit stacato.

• Thanks 1

Nice use of the word staccato, hai detto bene, bravo.

Thanks for the the heads up for future reference. it sounds like lazy engineering because if built properly, the caliper should be nearly identical to the genuine part. 

I did a quick study of how the brake works and the parking brake could work in reverse, from what I learnt. This means the left caliper would either not engage or actual release. Then when you want to drive, the parking brake engages for that caliper! This is only a guess, but obviously it didn't work.

If this is what ECP/Pagid are selling, then they have not tested it with a car. ECP should have a feedback system, because it would be in their interest for customer support and finances. Pagid are wasting their own time and resources, plus the customers time and money. 

Did you buy another caliper from another source, and what brand was that?  

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the tardy reply. I actually lost faith in ECP and purchased from Toyota. £180. Ouch! I was pressed for time and didn't want to be let down again.

About double the price of ECP.

ECP were somewhat surprised by this fault but i seem to remember that although the replacement was Pagid branded and boxed that the paperwork was for a different company- an engineering works.

• Thanks 1

Glad you got it sorted, even though it was expensive. 
There are a few parts that Euro Car Parts sell that are not correct for any car, make or model. Obviously the caliper is one, but I remember when I went to buy the cabin filter for my old Mk1 Avensis. Unlike the T25 and T27 models, the cabin filter for the T22 comes in either left hand or right hand drive versions. ECP sell cabin filter far cheaper, but only supply the left hand drive version! The only way to use them is to cut the tabs off and find a way to fit and remove them. This makes an already fiddly job more time consuming. Or just go to Toyota and know you are getting the correct filter. There is always eBay if someone is selling genuine UK spec! I don't go to my local car parts supplier, because they are actual worse for parts when it comes to my car.
I will still use ECP on selected items, that I know fit and work, like service items. Other parts I will source on the net or special cases Toyota. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links