Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

PTY

DeTomato

I have a Corolla VVTL-I 1.8 2003. It has the standard Toyota CD Radio in it. I haven't got a manual for it.

Can anyone advise please how to use PTY on the FM Radio so I can get the NEWS or SPORTS channels pop up automatically etc? It doesn't seem to work whatever I try so guess there must be some procedure or combination of buttons on it.

Thanks!

Hi,

Nearly missed your post in the sea of new corolla post !

Not a function I have used, generally just use the Travel Report button

From the manual  - when tuned in to a RDS station ( about all FM ones as I understand things)  you press the PTY  program and it should then display NEWS,  then SPORTS,TALK, POP, CLASSICS for each subsequent press of PTY.

If nothing found it displays NO PTY

If you do the above and have say SPORTS displayed, pressing the SEEK UP or DOWN button, it will   " Search a Station that carries the PTY code"  

So it would seem it then searches the full fm band  for any station with a matching  PTY.

If it does not, it will display NOTHING and then return you to your original program

hth

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, oldcodger said:

Nearly missed your post in the sea of new corolla post !

And not the first time.

Perhaps the New Corolla could have it's own section.  Please Admin?  What do you think?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Notoyboy said:

And not the first time.

Perhaps the New Corolla could have it's own section.  Please Admin?  What do you think?

I think that if you put relevant info. (e.g. 2003) in the thread title it would help ... 😜

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links