Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hardwire dashcam in Corolla 2019

bewA

So after a quick look I'm still not sure which fuse to tap.
Also the fuse box isn't exactly accessible for someone who is a bit on the large side with a bad back [emoji23]
Which one has everyone else done? Handy the earth point is right next to the fuses ;-)30880bb09b73bf2f14175e0298b2cccd.jpg

If you can turn the hazards on without turning the ignition on, then HAZ is the one I’d go for for a permanently on feed. If you don’t have a parking mode, then washer or wiper, which I think are only live when ignition is on. 

• Like 1

If you can turn the hazards on without turning the ignition on, then HAZ is the one I’d go for for a permanently on feed. If you don’t have a parking mode, then washer or wiper, which I think are only live when ignition is on. 
Thanks, I'm not looking for permanent on for parking mode (at least for now).
I guess those fuses have power regardless of whether they been switched on? Probably a stupid question!

You can tap in to power outlet this powers down when the ignition is turnsd off. But if you are using a piggyback  fuse connector you will not be able to put the fusebox cover. 

• Like 1

After a call to Nextbase they sent me a micro tap free of charge when I realised the tap with the hardwire kit was for a larger fuse connection.

Couldn't replace the fuse box cover when the tap is in place though.

After a call to Nextbase they sent me a micro tap free of charge when I realised the tap with the hardwire kit was for a larger fuse connection.
Couldn't replace the fuse box cover when the tap is in place though.
Which fuse did you tap in to?

HI you need to tap into the 15amp fuse which is the blue one to the power outlet but you will be unable to use the fuse box cover and to connect to the cars earth which you need to remove the door frame seal near the end of the dash and the end panel of the dash with the air bag switch on it unclips and you will seen a metal bracket which earth too.

HI you need to tap into the 15amp fuse which is the blue one to the power outlet but you will be unable to use the fuse box cover and to connect to the cars earth which you need to remove the door frame seal near the end of the dash and the end panel of the dash with the air bag switch on it unclips and you will seen a metal bracket which earth too.
Is that the 15amp right at the bottom called p/outlet?

yes the 15amp marked p/outlet which is connected to the power socket in the armrest 

yes the 15amp marked p/outlet which is connected to the power socket in the armrest 
Perfect thank you!!! [emoji41]

All installed and working thanks for the advice Leo63! [emoji41]
Will be interesting to see what the footage is like but I went for a Blueskyview B1W with a 128gb SD card and is nice and discreet

• 3 weeks later...

Installed my piggyback this afternoon, using the official Nextbase kit. (Only £11 on eBay, bargain. :biggrin:) The Auris owner's manual was as good as a chocolate teapot on describing where the fuse box was and how to access it, but I got there in the end.

Yes, the two 15 amp fuses (for cigarette lighter and for boot 12v socket) are both suitable. Although I had to trim some of the plastic off the fuse before the very short tangs on the fuses would fit the Nextbase adapter. I can also confirm that the fuse box cover doesn't fit once the piggyback is in place. I just wedged it in nearby so that it's there for future reference.

Everything good so far, and working well, with no rattles.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links