Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ac compressor 2012 Avensis 2l d4d

TD Longfin

Hi folks looking for help. Just told by mechanic ac compressor is done. It Makes a rattle when idling but not bad once you drive it with the radio on. Priced new one £972+vat. Never use the ac due to living in N. Ireland. Can you use a shorter belt and if so do any of you know which one Thanks in advance sorry if covered before but could only see it for older models

Yes gates do a shorter belt. My ac compressor started that rattle in May. Shorter belt works fine with no interference. But remember no more cold air on hot days. 

Gates belt 7pk1370

2012 avensis 2.0d4d 276,000km

Hi I've just had the same problem same car and year I was quoted €900 also but I see them online for half that price considering its the same part. I'm interested in using the shorter belt to bypass the issue. I've only just replaced the a/c rad and got it regassed. I'm not in the humor of forking out more hard earned cash for aircon which I won't need till next summer. Does this shortef belt idea work if so I'll try it. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links