Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Dynamic AWD

roadster-rav

Managed to buy a dynamic AWD ex showroom. Of course I had no choice about the spec. Prized it from the dealers hands yesterday. Not sure if this link to the gallery will work.

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/gallery/image/10169-rav-45-dynamic-awd-decuma-grey/

I have a few more pictures if required.

• Like 2

Congrats & enjoy your new car. :driving:

Presumably you didn't get much of a discount (they will know what the delivery situation is like)?

3 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

Congrats & enjoy your new car. :driving:

Presumably you didn't get much of a discount (they will know what the delivery situation is like)?

Thanks.

In reality I didn't get much discount because they only offered a low trade in value for my previous very low mileage car. The paperwork shows a decent discount but I was also forced to take 'free' extra services that I did not want such as GAP insurance, special paint protection, minor accident damage insurance/repair service. Dealers must get massive returns on these I assume. But in anticipation of a weaker pound and upcoming maintenance expenses on my old car I thought it was worth going ahead.

20 hours ago, roadster-rav said:

Managed to buy a dynamic AWD ex showroom. Of course I had no choice about the spec. Prized it from the dealers hands yesterday. Not sure if this link to the gallery will work.

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/gallery/image/10169-rav-45-dynamic-awd-decuma-grey/

I have a few more pictures if required.

Lovely jubbly. I thought at first you had some crazy spoiler on the back then realised it's the fence post Haha 

15 hours ago, roadster-rav said:

Thanks.

In reality I didn't get much discount because they only offered a low trade in value for my previous very low mileage car. The paperwork shows a decent discount but I was also forced to take 'free' extra services that I did not want such as GAP insurance, special paint protection, minor accident damage insurance/repair service. Dealers must get massive returns on these I assume. But in anticipation of a weaker pound and upcoming maintenance expenses on my old car I thought it was worth going ahead.

Happy days, mine is a month away.

Regarding the 'extras' if the dealer has added them in lieu of discount its for penetration, the sale people are judged on what percentage of sales have GAP, paint protect, etc. So loss of margin is made up by these extras and market pen, the GAP insurance is well worth it, if you should have to claim, speaking as a former car salesman.

I am enjoying the brilliant powertrain engineering and the general driver focussed design of the new car but I can't say the same for the "myToyota" services. I spent a good two hours updating the nav maps yesterday. Download 11Gbyte zip file - unzip to USB stick - transfer into car leaving it in ready mode for more than an hour while it updated. I have yet to find any of the supposed "APPS" other than the map update. They just don't show up on the myToyota pages which seem to be very badly written and laid out with lots of misleading words that don't deliver what is implied. For example "read about the apps you can access" - I can see no apps except the E-store one itself and there is nothing to read about. If you continue to follow links you end up with the generic Toyota.eu map updates page with no information about :-

Check out the range of apps, available with your device, that can help improve your driving experience and make it more fun.

No mention of apps on the map update page! Is it all vapourware?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links