Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T Sport keeping in lift 1st to 2nd?

Is it actually possible to keep in lift between 1st and 2nd gear best I hit is just shy of 6k even changing as quick as humanly possible. Only way I'd think it's doable is not lifting clutch when shifting gears and burning /slipping it to keep revs. Any ideas? Seems a stupid way to design a car that needs to be in lift to actually move quick. 

It’s definitely possible mate although it’s hard and requires practice.  Makes a big difference on your 0-60 and 1/4 mile times too.  You literally have to get the engine to 8200RPM in first gear and then shift, just before the engine bounces of the limiter and you have to shift quickly.  I found it harder when the vehicle had more weight/passengers in or when accelerating up a hill, for obvious reasons.  

Taking it it right up to the limit and getting a good quick change to second will keep it in the lift band. Being in lift all the time realistically is only possible on a racing circuit of sorts. Having traction control off helps providing the grip is there on the road, you don't want that stepping in when you want the power kept up.

Three words:

Continuously

Variable

Transmission

:)

I think Audi used to sell a 2 litre car with a CVT. I always wondered what that was like off the spot.