Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water in boot spare tyre pan.

Angel the blonde

Hi. My 66 plate Aygo is a swimming pool. Bought her in July this year. Vac boot liner at w/end noticed driver side of the boot carpet drenched, side carpet dry. 

I have a horse so thought I'd spilt water. Took mat out to dry, replaced with some thick foam. On getting stuff out of boot. Water on foam same place as was on carpet, lifted and it's like a swimming pool under there, the carpet must of absorb so much I didn't notice before. 

I've looked under both arches, boot seal, windows and doors seal good, I know we have had big rain recently but she's not even 3 yet! 

I welcome your thoughts, even silly ones. Ta.

Does the Aygo have boot vents  behind the bumper?  The seals are prone to failing on them on some other models.

4 minutes ago, alan333 said:

Does the Aygo have boot vents  behind the bumper?  The seals are prone to failing on them on some other models.

Good thought, job for the morning now, in my cocktail dress cooking supper. Not

A 2016 Model with less than 100,000 miles is still under warranty get it to a dealer to be looked at.

• 2 months later...

Someone in France had this common problem. It's  caused by bad sealing used in the build, strangely. If on warranty, obviously let Toyota mess with it, otherwise it could be a leak from where the rear rubber boot door/window joint pushes onto the metal body rim, all three rear lights, or, as this French owner found, the little round rubber bump-stop badly sealed to the Shell.

Use the black sealer. Loctite do one.

img-386649117c.jpg

1 hour ago, Ham Mercier said:

Someone in France had this common problem. It's  caused by bad sealing used in the build, strangely. If on warranty, obviously let Toyota mess with it, otherwise it could be a leak from where the rear rubber boot door/window joint pushes onto the metal body rim, all three rear lights, or, as this French owner found, the little round rubber bump-stop badly sealed to the shell.

Use the black sealer. Loctite do one.

img-386649117c.jpg

The OP has a 66 registration Aygo this makes the car a late 2016 MK2 Aygo which is completely different from the MK1 example you refer to.

I wouldn't know what a 66 reg equates to, but are you saying the 2016 cars don't have bump-stop rubbers?

The other measures the French owner used were removing the boot sealing strip, cleaning and blow drying the slot which goes over the metal Shell lip, and then running the black sealant inside the slip once dry, and that stoped the water getting in via the lip/joint interface. he also sealed all three lights.

Hi

For years I've been saying...I'm so glad my booty ain't leaking...but yup I have a leak recently discovered.

I have to fix it...sooo

I'm thinking as I replaced my rear lights from the older red look to the newer glassy look...it could be the seal on the reverse of the light unit (only leaking drivers side btw)...now if I take the seal off the older unit and apply it to the newer 1...do u think it'd work? Stuck on with what appears double sided tape.

After that it it's still leaking...I'll go about the top brake light and the 2 stoppers every1 refers to.

After that...is there anything left to seal on an 08 aygo 3 door hatch???

Cheers guys...depressing issue to have...love my aygo

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

Thought I'd have a look inside my boot after the heavy rains today to check the extent of my leak.

It's not as bad as I first thought, the water does not enter the tyre well what so ever, instead it resides in the corners wetting the edge of the boot carpet. I couldnt feel using my hand any water feeling upwards towards the rear lights etc. Could it be seeping from the rear bumper maybe from below? The water sits on both ends of the boot corners left and right.

20191214_142250.jpg

20191214_141108.jpg

20191214_141103.jpg

I had exactly the same on my aygo. As you can't get the seal on it's own I bought a new high level brake light unit with a, supposedly, improved gasket for £30 as I didn't want to mess around with sealants. Worked perfectly and I now have a quantity of spare bulbs🙂

6 hours ago, Billyboy81 said:

I had exactly the same on my aygo. As you can't get the seal on it's own I bought a new high level brake light unit with a, supposedly, improved gasket for £30 as I didn't want to mess around with sealants. Worked perfectly and I now have a quantity of spare bulbs. 🙂

Cheers mate...do you think the high level brake light is my issue?
I don’t mind the 30.00 bill if it cures the problem.

But how do we know if it isn’t something else?

I would go for the high level brake light first, either new unit or with sealant, as that is usually the cause. If that doesn't cure it then work your way round the other known problem areas.Rear light cluster seals, hatch bump stops etc. 🙂

Guys, quick question...these high level brake lights...I'm unsure to buy on eBay at 30.00 or my dealer at 35.00...but it got me thinking...the seals...I hear there is the old vs the new style...

Does anybody know what these seals look like and are there major improvements???

fill a watering can with a screen wash mix , the water only has to be coloured so not too strong

start from the lowest point and work upwards from around the bumper height where the vents are

the coloured water will make any leak obvious , keep moving up the bodywork until the leak is evident

On 12/14/2019 at 11:02 PM, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

Hi All,

Thought I'd have a look inside my boot after the heavy rains today to check the extent of my leak.

It's not as bad as I first thought, the water does not enter the tyre well what so ever, instead it resides in the corners wetting the edge of the boot carpet. I couldnt feel using my hand any water feeling upwards towards the rear lights etc. Could it be seeping from the rear bumper maybe from below? The water sits on both ends of the boot corners left and right.

20191214_142250.jpg

20191214_141108.jpg

20191214_141103.jpg

I’m having same problems on 07 aygo but only on passenger side under carpet edge high level been sealed drips inside plastic bit where rear self sit down inside