Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oh My God!

tony4

Ahhhhh.....I dunno, evo's are good but better than a MR2!!?? Different & nice for a change, respond REALLY well to sensible mods and EASY to get into the 12's......still IF I were going to a 4wd I'd be up for a ST205 GT-4, funnily enough there is a thread/poll on one of our local forums at the moment GT-4 vs Evo vs Wrx.....GT-4 is winning ;) MAINLY because apart from them being capable of evo power over here the ST205 is quite rare.....EVERYWHERE you look there is an eveo....or a GSR dressed up as an evo :P IF I was going evo it would be an evo III.....the never ones just get PHAT and have ******* like the yaw control thing that everyone complains about.

if you like the EVO i best not mention that im importing a Sunny GTiR then.....

Fingers crossed it's in good nick.....again there are a few around NZ but theproblem there is THERE ALL THRASHED!!!! :( Easy to get into the 12's but the gearbox is weak. Funnily enought again a thread has appeared on our local Toyota forums "MR2 vs GTiR"........MR2 has had a pretty convincing win ;) Still there great bang for buck mods wise and assuming you have a good condition one Im sure you will love it :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

I think any 1 who drives rear whhel drive cars all the time and then get into a 4wd feel the sale... :lol:

I'm curently driving/selling this beauty....

http://www.findit.co.uk/cars/mitsubishi/evo/1276348.htm

all i can say is WOW

Rash

wow mate :drool:

If I was going to sell the rolla thats the sort of car I want to be in :thumbsup: How much is it? 16k+?

I'm 100% sure that the evo pulls harders than mr2 (like 30% more), goes round the corner that u wouldn't put ur 2 in that speed.

I'm not sure about the gt4 since it is the same engine as mr2, some people told me that the mr2 3sgte better tuned than the gt4.

It also depends where the poll held in, its like it's toyota or honda better in a toyota forum.

the gt4 engine st205 is more tunable as they have a charge cooler. all depends on mods at the end of the day get a rev5 tubby and spend a bit on mods it'll be quicker than an evo I would have thought.

I'm 100% sure that the evo pulls harders than mr2 (like 30% more), goes round the corner that u wouldn't put ur 2 in that speed.

I'm not sure about the gt4 since it is the same engine as mr2, some people told me that the mr2 3sgte better tuned than the gt4.

It also depends where the poll held in, its like it's toyota or honda better in a toyota forum.

A stock evo vs a stock Type II the evo will take the cake.....once mods are involved it could be either...HOWEVER imo evo's are CHEAPER to make go faster and EASIER to drive fast. MR2 & GT-4 engines are ALMOST the same....midmotorsteve picked up on it being the IC, otherwise just as tuneable. Suprisingly I never thought the GT-4 would go well in the poll because

1: it wasn't in a Toyota forums (was in a performace car forum)

&

2: they have a bad rep as being "overweight" when they aren't really anyworse than an eveo or WRX.

the gt4 engine st205 is more tunable as they have a charge cooler. all depends on mods at the end of the day get a rev5 tubby and spend a bit on mods it'll be quicker than an evo I would have thought.

3SGTE is just as tuneable but here in NZ the aftermarket parts aren't as readily avalible :( so seen as harder & more $$ to mod......I still reakon the evo & GTiR is cheaper to get quicker quarters in.

Actully that reminded me.....last time I picked up my car from my mecanic he commented on how everytime he drives my car he is supprised how much better it feels than my Tyep II...and how much quicker it seems....went as far as saying it would "smoke" his work mates NEW evo iv in a drag!! (Younger fella working there just spent $30K on one) He's a REALLY good driver though......evo's are easy to drive hard :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

thanks kiwi.... it does comfort me from the voice...

but it wouldn't stop me getting an evo once i've become a family man :D ... looks wise, both st205 and evo4 (if i even get one) looks as aggressive...

Problems with the Evos are the bits are flappin expensive - just normal items such as brake disks requie re mortgaging the house.

As is though, you cannot compare the two cars, one is a 4wd rally car, the other is a 2 seater sports car. Beter off comparing it to the Celica as most people have done above.

Problems with the Evos are the bits are flappin expensive - just normal items such as brake disks requie re mortgaging the house.

Hehe...funny you mention that, the mecanic I mentioned above who brought the evo iv has already had to replace 2 of the Brembo disks!! :rolleyes:

Cheers

KiwiMR2

And as for GTI-Rs

Totally unreliable unles syou have a big wedge of cash behind them. For a Jap car they are suprisingly poor! Hope you have a decent one sorted and a friendly MOT station - they run really hgh emissions and have trouble getting through quite a few times.

wow mate 

If I was going to sell the rolla thats the sort of car I want to be in  How much is it? 16k+?

would take £17k for it.... Oh and i know what you mean about parts/service.

Last servce on the evo (2k ago) cost £1200 - front Brembo brakes/clutch and an oil/filter service :eek:

Rash

p.s. Pulsar's - onbly had the 1 but didnt like it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links