Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Technical:Touch2 and Touch2 and/with Go

flash22

I will be adding to this post when time allows

We will start with the simple stuff

Touch2 Gen 1 (with surround)

t2gen1.thumb.JPG.6f2dbb46fcf8af5398af14c49fd077a4.JPG

Touch2 Gen 2 (one piece)

t2gen2.thumb.JPG.e52fcac68d39e56f4a20e5d0e87c169d.JPG

Access to the service menu.

Press and hold the music or car button and turn the sidelights on and off 3 times - some cars with the touch2 you pull the hand brake up and down 3 times

smhm1.thumb.JPG.84fa80733931fd79af2c324b81cee80c.JPG

To access the Hidden Diag Menu from the Service Menu touch the bottom right and left corners 3 times each eg. Right ---- Left, Right ---- Left, Right ---- Left,

some times it takes a few extra presses

hm21.thumb.JPG.422cabe154f998765e8f15d280df0ae9.JPG

2/3 TOUCH SW Adjust allows you to re calibrate the touch screen

hm22.thumb.JPG.c864f2eb06cdcbe19fa6be995fe58439.JPG

hm23.thumb.JPG.0de2147176023648f0cab1ca437c6a21.JPG

Connectors

_MG_1446.thumb.JPG.dd0352a46795d684df88538b4b59b273.JPG

All connectors are Sumitomo apart from DA USB, EXT USB and E1/LVDS what are JAE

E1/LVDS connectors are JAE MX48 these Plugs are not avalible to the public (you can freely purchase the pcb/smd sockets tho)

When you have the nav module connected the DA USB is not used as the Nav Module handles the bluetooth and usb it then communicates back to the Touch2 (DA) via LVDS

If your unlucky enough to get a touch2 with the nav module without the nav wire (patch harness) the only real option is to purchase it from the main dealer 86842-12010 £57+vat at the  time of posting

_MG_1457.thumb.JPG.5784d42e197f9fd44a6a451faad0ea6d.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...

Good post Bob. 🙂  I always think it's a shame when an unusual and interesting post like this which gives lots of new information (as far as I know) that will be really helpful to many in the future gets no replies at all after a week.  

I think my screen is the earlier and dumber type. 😞  There are few things I'd like to change on my screen.  Top of the list is to add a clock function because the small clock in driver's binnacle is so small.  Next on the hit list is to ban safety message that obstructs the view slightly at the bottom of the reverse camera screen.. 

Edited by Tintaglia
Clarity
  • Like 2

I'm working on it, getting into the system is proving troublesome mostly all incoming ports are blocked, ethernet over usb is active but will not connect (something todo with the io stack/dhcp in the QNX car OS

There is place on the pcb for a wifi module (3 places) and the settings are in the firmware for it, the issue is finding the modules (ALPS, discontinued in june 2019) the update ingest system has also been tighted up but it may be possible to force some of the settings to allow access

Fujitsu ten carry this design across a few manufactures inc the Subaru Starlink - there are 2 versions of the Starlink, Fujitsu Ten (now Denso) and Kenwood

I have not found the schematics for any of the touch systems yet but there is jtag, SDIO and Uart on board, i also need a new oscilloscope to fully probe them

On 9/14/2019 at 7:06 PM, Tintaglia said:

................... my screen is the earlier and dumber type. 😞  There are few things I'd like to change on my screen.  Top of the list is to add a clock function because the small clock in driver's binnacle is so small.  Next on the hit list is to ban safety message that obstructs the view slightly at the bottom of the reverse camera screen.

Clock function would be great, and a 24h display would be great ............... even on the driver's binnacle.  12h clock is just SO annoying! 

I thing the safety message should only show for a few seconds.  It certainly gets in the way.

Plus, the screen to be switched off needs three selections: one, the button on the right, two select "Display" and three, select "Screen off" ................. (hopefully I have the info correct, as I'm not in the car right now)   Why can't there be a single button to switch the screen off in one hit????

Mick.

This has taken a bit longer than it should have, still no joy with the bluetooth, it does seem very secure I have also tried USB Ethernet adapters that are supported but act disabled as there is some USB data activity and it does show up as a USB ext box in diagnostics

I have also come across a config that shows Admin - Can, another method maybe a custom app but there is very little info on them

The pinouts are available but I have custom-made this pdf so the info is all in one place (minus 1 connector, tbc)

PS. I need to find a spell checker that works with this forum 😉 Edit, Final got LT to work in Firefox

Nav pinouts.pdf

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
On 9/6/2019 at 1:17 PM, flash22 said:

I will be adding to this post when time allows

We will start with the simple stuff

Touch2 Gen 1 (with surround)

t2gen1.thumb.JPG.6f2dbb46fcf8af5398af14c49fd077a4.JPG

Touch2 Gen 2 (one piece)

t2gen2.thumb.JPG.e52fcac68d39e56f4a20e5d0e87c169d.JPG

Access to the service menu.

Press and hold the music or car button and turn the sidelights on and off 3 times - some cars with the touch2 you pull the hand brake up and down 3 times

smhm1.thumb.JPG.84fa80733931fd79af2c324b81cee80c.JPG

To access the Hidden Diag Menu from the Service Menu touch the bottom right and left corners 3 times each eg. Right ---- Left, Right ---- Left, Right ---- Left,

some times it takes a few extra presses

hm21.thumb.JPG.422cabe154f998765e8f15d280df0ae9.JPG

2/3 TOUCH SW Adjust allows you to re calibrate the touch screen

hm22.thumb.JPG.c864f2eb06cdcbe19fa6be995fe58439.JPG

hm23.thumb.JPG.0de2147176023648f0cab1ca437c6a21.JPG

Connectors

_MG_1446.thumb.JPG.dd0352a46795d684df88538b4b59b273.JPG

All connectors are Sumitomo apart from DA USB, EXT USB and E1/LVDS what are JAE

E1/LVDS connectors are JAE MX48 these Plugs are not avalible to the public (you can freely purchase the pcb/smd sockets tho)

When you have the nav module connected the DA USB is not used as the Nav Module handles the bluetooth and usb it then communicates back to the Touch2 (DA) via LVDS

If your unlucky enough to get a touch2 with the nav module without the nav wire (patch harness) the only real option is to purchase it from the main dealer 86842-12010 £57+vat at the  time of posting

_MG_1457.thumb.JPG.5784d42e197f9fd44a6a451faad0ea6d.JPG

Hi, do you have any link where i could order that cable? Thanks, Micheal

Its a dealer only part - call your local dealer

Be aware that the lead is for the touch2 (as pictured) not the earlier touch

• Thanks 1

Hey, thanks so much for this post, it's great to have so much info about the touch 2.

I've just bought a second hand Touch 2 Gen 1 in an attempt to get bluetooth into my 2015 Yaris. Previously I had the unit with the cd slot at the top and no lcd screen.

The radio works fine, but the bluetooth option does not. When I try to select the bluetooth option in settings it just flashes and does nothing. Doesn't go through to the menu page. And when I try to connect through the media menu it says "There is no bluetooth audio device connected".

The model is a 86140-0D160

Do I need to connect something else to the unit for it to work? Does the unit have bluetooth built in, or is it something the car needs to have separately?

Any help would be really gratefully recieved! Thank you!

Chris

Also I found out that the thin surround around the radio is very slightly different to the one I have. It's about half a centimetre too small to fit over the newer radio 😣

Does anyone know if the 86451-0D030 surround will fit around the 86140-0D160?

I've attached a photo of what I have plugged into the back of the radio to help with the previous question.

There is a loose cable that fits into the left-most socket on the top row, but it doesn't appear to do anything. What is that socket for?

Sorry I know I'm asking a lot of questions for my first two posts, but I can't find any information anywhere!  I never realised how difficult it would be to find out what to do. Feeling very confused! Everything that looks like it should work just doesn't! 🙃

IMG_3107.JPG

Sorry for the delay, I have not been on the pc much lately

There is a mic detect unless this is grounded the bluetooth will not be enabled you also need the mic (Plug F31)

As for the size difference the easy option it to swap the dash pad but it should be the same as yours is a 2015

Nav pinouts.pdf

did you get the frame (holds the hazard switch) with the touch 2 ?

Thanks Bob,

I didn't get the frame with it, just the unit itself. I saw it for cheap and assumed it would fit 😂

I've attached a picture of the old radio. Do you think the newer frame will fit in the dash? I won't need to replace the whole big panel as well will I?

From what I can figure out, I have a wire going to the mic detect, do I need to do something different with those pins?

Thanks for your help!

Annotation 2020-03-13 091245.png

Annotation 2020-03-13 092147.png

Hi, you can get the wiring loom off e-bay. you also need to have a GPS antenna connected.

I only want to use the bluetooth to play music, I won't need a GPS antenna for that will I? Can I just do something with the mic detect pin to fool it into thinking a mic is there so the bluetooth is enabled?

Ground the mic detect to a ground (Negative) Pin 6 (snip the cable - 50-60mm down the wire and connect it to a ground or the case of the radio)

The surround for the touch2 is the same external size. its the internal size that is different, The frame/fascia is Part No. 86451-0D030

Bomber. The op doesn't have the sat nav

That's great, thanks. I'll give that a go!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, just wanted to say that this worked perfectly. I connected the wire to a screw on the case of the unit, and it enabled bluetooth, and the surround fit exactly 😄

Thank you so much for your help. It's unfortunate that I now won't be going out in my car much for the next few months so I won't really get to use it!

Hope you're all safe and well.

Glad you got it sorted, hopefully i will get back to the touch2 in the up coming weeks

My Yaris IS A 2013 Model and I assume that my car is a touch 1 (if that exists) .All that I wanted to know was a rough price (if known) of the wiring loom that goes between the head unit and the nav unit.

Thanks

I did reply to your thread - The lead is a dealer only part, if it's the one on eBay it's a Touch

you will also need the surround (holds the hazard switch) usb cable, GPS aerial and usb lead/port

• 4 months later...

Been playing again - looking at directly accessing the SD chip if i can figure out the pinouts as its 224 BGA chip - Its only 9 wires 😑

1751527817_IMG_1548(Large).thumb.JPG.0488e9bb50a75f7ffaeac4e05d991531.JPG

imageproxy.php?img=&key=567b4e06530f0081

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have a Yaris hybrid with a touch 2 and want to change it out for one with DAB radio and sat nav but the replacement doesnt show the Hybrid menu and also the screen colour is Red and I would like it to be Blue like the original unit, is it possible to change screen colour and enable the hybrid menu?

What is the part number of the replacement you have ??

21 hours ago, les_b said:

Hi,

I have a Yaris hybrid with a touch 2 and want to change it out for one with DAB radio and sat nav but the replacement doesn't show the Hybrid menu and also the screen colour is Red and I would like it to be Blue like the original unit, is it possible to change screen colour and enable the hybrid menu?

There is no function to alter the display colour nor add the Hybrid menu, the alternative you have/viewing is from a conventional Yaris. You need to locate a unit from a Hybrid model 

@les_b If you can post the part number of the replacement that would be good

you can add the nav to your existing unit, The touch 2 has 2 boards the DAB is on the upper board you should be able to swap the boards over (1-2 ribbon cables and 5 screws), it should detect the dab if not it will just be needing a DA firmware update

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links