Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Registration issues with DVSA

eskemoiain

So, I was meant to pick up my 69 plate Tourer sport on Saturday however I received a call from the dealer saying they came register the vehicle as Toyota have not added it to the DVSA system. My dealer cannot do any more until Toyota sort it out with the DVSA. Anyone else having a similar issue as Toyota claim that is affecting "all manufacturers"?

It happens twice a year, every one wants there car on the 1st reg day and the dvsa gets backlogged

10 minutes ago, flash22 said:

It happens twice a year, every one wants there car on the 1st reg day and the dvsa gets backlogged

I was told it's due to the emissions test not being uploaded for all models as they have to be WLTP now. Surely you would have thought Toyota submitted these way before the deadline

Sounds odd, this model has been around for at least 6 months, I doubt anything has changed since then... Picked my HB up Thursday 5th, got my V5C on the 7th.

I didn't have any problems registering mine back in March but I struggled to find anyone to insure it. I eventually gave up and extended the Toyota insurance (probably paying a premium for the privilege). I was checking out tyre prices a couple of weeks ago and none of the usual sites accepted my registration. Nor does Amazon to set my default vehicle.

Hopefully by next March the insurers will have up to date records to make it easier to shop around.

As far as I'm aware WLTP testing for new and existing models had to be completed by 1st September 2018. Some vehicles were withdrawn from sale last September due to not passing the new test.

As regards registering new vehicles, dealers do this via access to the DVSA system.

Apparently another customer went in to pick up his and he had to leave without it. Luckily I was told the day before.

When I called Toyota CS they seem to be aware of it and put the blame on DVSA. I'm not convinced.

I believe it may just be related to the Touring Sport version. It would be interesting to see if anyone in the UK has picked one up this September

48 minutes ago, AndrueC said:

I didn't have any problems registering mine back in March but I struggled to find anyone to insure it.

I had this issue last week. Two insurance companies couldn't find the ABI number for the 2.0 Design HB. Even after 6 months of being on sale.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links