Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Heating adjusting dial too sensitive

nuksoocow

Hi guys, I am having a small but annoying issue with my 2012 Avensis. The problem I have is when I'm trying to adjust the temperature with the twist dial it will only go up to 21° C and then jumps back to 16°C. For me to get the temp increase I have to turn the dial very slowly as its quite sensitive and it will do this every time. Has anyone had this problem? I'm interested to find a solution, appreciate any feed back. 

Please update your profile to include the 2012 Avensis.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, have an issue with our 2009 Toyota Avensis. As described by someone else on this thread, the heating dial jumps from 16 degrees up to 21 degrees when you try to adjust. The blower then also jumps up to full blast and also the air conditioning comes on! Anyone have any ideas as the missus is not looking to an autumn of waiting for 20 mins for the screen to clear on a cold day! 

We have a 1.8 litre Toyota Avensis estate. Would be grateful for any advice before I contact a dealer to get a quote...

On 9/9/2019 at 11:41 PM, nuksoocow said:

Hi guys, I am having a small but annoying issue with my 2012 Avensis. The problem I have is when I'm trying to adjust the temperature with the twist dial it will only go up to 21° C and then jumps back to 16°C. For me to get the temp increase I have to turn the dial very slowly as its quite sensitive and it will do this every time. Has anyone had this problem? I'm interested to find a solution, appreciate any feed back. 

47 minutes ago, lanarch castle said:

Hi, have an issue with our 2009 Toyota Avensis. As described by someone else on this thread, the heating dial jumps from 16 degrees up to 21 degrees when you try to adjust. The blower then also jumps up to full blast and also the air conditioning comes on! Anyone have any ideas as the missus is not looking to an autumn of waiting for 20 mins for the screen to clear on a cold day! 

We have a 1.8 litre Toyota Avensis estate. Would be grateful for any advice before I contact a dealer to get a quote...

I had similar issue on my old car, basically the dial is like a potentiometer, it has tiny contacts that go around in circles on the board.

Over time those contacts can get dirty from use, so i had to take the unit out, disassemble it, then clean the contacts.

There is grease applied there, it's to prevent from creating patina on the contacts, you should clean the original one, and reapply it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links