Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can't update Touch 2 with go

crik91

Hi, I tried to update my Touch 2 with go and seems not working.

I downloaded the free update 6.13.0H from my Toyota account, unzipped in a 32GB USB key formatted in FAT32 and inserted in the USB port. I choose one map to install and I press Update, I confirmed the update in the next screen and I saw an advice about the radio that will be resetted, then the screen became black and went back to the "CAR" screen. The update won't start.

Tried this procedure twice with no success and I don't know what I can do.

What can I do?

Thank you in advance.

Hi. I had the same issue updating mine about a year ago. I was advised to use a usb  stick no bigger than 16Gb. Regards Bob

I only have 32 and 64GB USB keys. Maybe I can try reducing the partition to 15GB?

20 hours ago, crik91 said:

Hi, I tried to update my Touch 2 with go and seems not working.

I downloaded the free update 6.13.0H from my Toyota account, unzipped in a 32GB USB key formatted in FAT32 and inserted in the USB port. I choose one map to install and I press Update, I confirmed the update in the next screen and I saw an advice about the radio that will be resetted, then the screen became black and went back to the "CAR" screen. The update won't start.

Tried this procedure twice with no success and I don't know what I can do.

What can I do?

Thank you in advance.

I assume that you do have the "High" version of Touch 2 with Go?

Are you using a PC or a Mac? Did you download to the computer & then expand from there?

Do you have an activation code for your head unit?

Hi, what do you mean with "High"?

I tried with a PC with Windows 10 Pro.

Yes, I have an activation code and I pasted in the XLS file, but I also tried with the classic "1111-2222..." to see if any change... And not...

There are 2 types of Go depending on features, "High" & "Low". The files for each are signified by the H or L on the end & they are (afaik) not interchangeable & possibly (you would hope) have a hardware check.

You expanded the file on the PC & then transferred that to the flash drive or did you expand directly to the drive?

You could try not pasting the auth. code into the XLS & actually inputting it into the system via keyboard.

Hi, my actual SW version is 6.9.0WH, I think that my version is the High.

The first time I expanded the Zip file in my PC and then moved to the USB key but all the rest of times I expanded directly on the USB key.

Only the first time I pasted the license code in the XLS, during the procedure I saw a message regarding a check of license code validity. Other times I left the XLS file untouched (by default have a not valid license code 1111-2222-3333-4444) but the system not asked me to insert the code and I didn't see any message about license validation.

I wouldn't expand directly to the USB key but move the files from the PC to the USB key.

Hopefully Devon Aygo will read this thread & may have something to say about this situation.

Tried also expanding on PC and then move to USB key with no change.

Ok, I home that someone know hot so fix

Thank you

Same happen to my Touch 2 with go, when I press update it come back to "CAR" screen and nothing else happen. Video here