Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Automatic Air Conditioning system Hybrid 2018 (probably 2019 also) model.

gavioliuk

I bought one of the last 2018 models new in March 2019 and still learning about the controls.

I read that using the automatic mode is for dehumidification.  With misting of the front and side windows I use (as indicated in manual) the defogging switch.

I have come to the conclusion that the automatic mode is more applicable to climates with high humidity levels that make the interior of the car uncomfortable.

The Freelander I had previously had an auto mode that automatically switched on and off the air conditioning to maintain the interior temperature.  The Rav4 control seems to me to be different in its application.

Anyone use the automatic mode for benefits I am missing?

'Automatic' switches on the air conditioning (which will tend to dry the air if it is muggy) and automatically adjust the fan speed and whether air is drawn from outside or recirculated as appropriate. The driver then simply adjusts the temperature setting to the desired level and the car does the rest. That' how I  run mine all the time.

If you don't want the air con running, you can simply switch it off (when otherwise in auto mode). Pressing auto switches it on again.

To demist / defog you need to press the appropriate buttons (as you already do) ...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, philip42h said:

...That' how I  run mine all the time...

Same here.  I almost never switch off the A/C, but use the Demist button when required.

I haven't had to yet on the RAV4, but on previous Toyotas I've occasionally needed to manually turn to outside air if the demisting function needs help, although often the demist button does this anyway (if recirc was in use).

• Like 1

Hello Gavioliuk

I had the Rav4 2018 for 11 months and like you I had a Landrover Freelander. I loved that Freelander. When  I changed to the Rav4 I had one or 2 frustrations, one being the air conditioning control. It took me ages to figure it out. I would set the temperature and put it on auto, the car would be freezing, so I would change the fan speed (takes it off auto) and then I would get good control.

The next day I would get in the car and everything seemed to be wrong. I then learnt that for me I would put the car in auto at the temperature I wanted, but would adjust the fan speed, and I would tend to do this for every journey. And I could live with that.

Now I have the 2019 model and the temperature controls seem similar to my old Freelander. I set the temperature put on auto and simply forget about it. Then on after, when I got in the car everything is fine I hardly have to play around other that putting on de-misters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scottydog007 said:

Hello Gavioliuk

I had the Rav4 2018 for 11 months and like you I had a Landrover Freelander. I loved that Freelander. When  I changed to the Rav4 I had one or 2 frustrations, one being the air conditioning control. It took me ages to figure it out. I would set the temperature and put it on auto, the car would be freezing, so I would change the fan speed (takes it off auto) and then I would get good control.

The next day I would get in the car and everything seemed to be wrong. I then learnt that for me I would put the car in auto at the temperature I wanted, but would adjust the fan speed, and I would tend to do this for every journey. And I could live with that.

Now I have the 2019 model and the temperature controls seem similar to my old Freelander. I set the temperature put on auto and simply forget about it. Then on after, when I got in the car everything is fine I hardly have to play around other that putting on de-misters.

Thank you.  Clarifies that I am not missing a trick.  Need a 2019 +.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links