Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clearing DPF Avensis

Rudigor

Hi. I am owner of Avensis T25 2009. Today VSC, TRC OFF and check engine lights came on. Also i have no traction, uphill 25 km/h, downhill 80 km/h. Guys at workshop run diagnostic and it shows following errors (p2002 (Its DPF), c1241 (low battery), c0371 (Yaw sensor), c1201(message engine control)). They told me that I need to replace Yaw sensor and it is ONE WITH ABS block and it will cost me 25000 nok(i live in Norway, it around 2500 Euro) The car costs 4000 euro, so I little bit confused about such costly impairment. 

Can somebody advise me something, or at least tell me where Yaw sensor is in my model. Is it possible just to shut this whole system off, so it not blocking my traction, so I can get to some other country where fixing minor problems of a car dont caost an arm and a leg ? 

Also I have already read a lot of posts about same problems, and am I getting this right, even if computer diagnostic showed problem with Yaw sensor, in reality the problem can be somewhere else, or you think that replacement of this sensor can fix my problem ?  

Hi Rudi, The Yaw sensor is under the passenger seat (2005 T24 2.0 D4D).  Its about the size of a matchbox.  Its is NOT part of the ABS unit but does communicate with the ABS computer.   I bought a used one from a vehicle dismantler for £35. Super expensive new (circa £800).   I do not think it can be disabled.  You might want to invest in an ODBII reader so you can check fault codes yourself but you must buy one that can communicate with auxiliary computers in the car like the ABS not just the main EMU.  Is the Battery OK ?  Check terminal voltage is at least 13V  and charge if necessary.  Suggest you clear the faults and try again, dead YAW sensor will throw up an immediate fault. 

Hi, again. Yesterday I made a topic but it's no longer up to date. After consulting few work shops all of them said that the problem is DPF. The decisions was made is to cut a hole and manually clear everything, and as far as I understand EVERYTHING, so just an empty box will be left. My question is, will my car require remapping? Will be my car still in limp mode? 

Little bit background. The car  suddenly started losing power. Motor warning sign as well as TRC off and VSC lighted up. The car lost power, as it couldn't accelerate properly and in slight upward slopes it lost speed and RPM went down even when going on lower gears. Workshop run diagnostic and it shows following errors (p2002 (Its DPF), c1241 (low battery), c0371 (Yaw sensor), c1201(message engine control)).

19 hours ago, Rudigor said:

Hi, again. Yesterday I made a topic but it's no longer up to date. After consulting few work shops all of them said that the problem is DPF. The decisions was made is to cut a hole and manually clear everything, and as far as I understand EVERYTHING, so just an empty box will be left. My question is, will my car require remapping? Will be my car still in limp mode? 

Little bit background. The car  suddenly started losing power. Motor warning sign as well as TRC off and VSC lighted up. The car lost power, as it couldn't accelerate properly and in slight upward slopes it lost speed and RPM went down even when going on lower gears. Workshop run diagnostic and it shows following errors (p2002 (Its DPF), c1241 (low battery), c0371 (Yaw sensor), c1201(message engine control)).

There were companies here in the UK that offered this service (removing the contents of the DPF and re welding) and yes, they also say that they remapped the car afterwards. Usually this realised a small power increase but the DPF is now ineffective in removing the particulates from the exhaust gas.

A couple of years ago our UK government changed the regulations regarding the removal of the DPF so that if a vehicle has ever had a DPF fitted, it is required to keep it fitted and it is inspected annually for presence and effectiveness at the vehicle's annual inspection ('MOT'). Most of the companies that did the DPF modifications have now had to find work doing something else...

Hello, I had the same error p2002, with TRC OFF and VSC light and the car go into "lipm mode" - very slow acceleration.

Went to the local dealer and made a forced DPF regeneration with the console and the dP (differential pressure sensor) values are now back to normal.

Avensis T25, 2.0 d4d, 2006.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links