Do Not Sell My Personal Information

toyota yaris high brake light 61 reg new shape

Anngy11

Hi, I posted in the new members introduction by mistake so apologies, I have a 61 reg Toyota Yaris T Spirit, new shape, and the 3rd top led stop light isn't working, even on hazard. The other 2 rear brake lights are fine. Does this mean I need a new led unit fitting or could it be something else please? Many thanks.

Moved to the Yaris club.

The high level rear stop light (mounted at the top mid of the rear window) only acts as a stop light, and not with the hazard warning lights.

• Like 1

Thank you Mike and sorry I posted in the wrong place originally, I couldn't work out what to do.  Oh thank you for that information, when I googled about it someone said if the high level one works with the hazard lights then it will most likely be the fuse but if not then the unit might need replacing. Someone else said its unusual for the led unit to go at all. 

if it is a mk3 (gen3) open the boot and you will seen a oblong plastic cover this just unclips and allows you access to the high level brake light 1 connector and 2 nuts

New, there a dealer only part (if faulty) 81570-0D150 or 81570-0D151, rought rrp is £120-140

• Thanks 1

Part number is now 81570-0D152 £64.20 + vat from your local dealer

• Like 1

81570-0D152 is the later one but they all cross, i did say rrp, Some dealers make prices up as they go tbh

The older numbers come in useful if looking at used parts

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, flash22 said:

81570-0D152 is the later one but they all cross, i did say rrp, Some dealers make prices up as they go tbh

Devon Aygo works for a Toyota dealer, so that should be the correct part no. and price.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your help, it is much appreciated. 🙂