Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota avensis reprogramming of radio required

pambyrne532@gmail.com

got alternator replayed in my toyota avensis saloon 2011 and radio has on screen can't read programme and Chinese writing underneath don't have ad card inserted and reverse camera not working also ???

Just above the AltGr key of your keyboard is the full stop key.

Please use it in conjunction with the space bar to turn your statement into a question and I'll do my best to assist you.

Kindest regards

• Haha 1

Pamela, you need to insert the SD card, if you have it!
It is needed to initialise the system on first boot up, when power/battery has been disconnected then reconnected. This SD card contains the map information and other data. 
When the SD card inserted and the boot up process begins, you need to leave in for a long while, until everything is ready. This could be a few days! Once the system has settled, the card can be removed and kept safely. It know that some unscrupulous garages take the card, but hopefully that is a rare occurrence. 

If the SD map card is missing, you can source one from eBay for you region, and get as late version as possible. Just be aware of the source. Toyota charge a lot for something that is a bit out of date.

1 hour ago, LangstoneLayabout said:

Just above the AltGr key of your keyboard is the full stop key.

Please use it in conjunction with the space bar to turn your statement into a question and I'll do my best to assist you.

Kindest regards

I think I have manage to understand the query, and hopefully given I think a suitable answer. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of electronic products are made and developed/designed in China, @lpher.

I know...as i work with this for a living...but i have yet to see Chinese text on an oem Toyota headunit...but i might just have been lucky! 😄

I suspect that the OP probably doesn't differentiate between Chinese & Japanese characters.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links