Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dealer options??

Buff69

Hi,  I would like to know what options there are, which require the dealer to program, I know of two which are 

key fob button press for windows open/close 

one touch to unlock just driver door then another touch to unlock all doors

so are there any other options as would like to know so we can ask our dealer  before picking up our RAV4 (been told end of December) many thanks in advance    

One touch to unlock drivers door is configurable by you on the car settings.  My fob came already programmed to put windows up and down. 

• Thanks 1

Can also change key fob settings with bluetooth obd device. Might be cheaper than going to dealer depending on how close you live to them. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your replies,it’s good to know this things cheers 

I have an irritating issue that was on Rav4 2018 and now on 2019. I park the car up, get out and go to the rear passenger seat to get my work bag for find this rear door locked. I then have to go to the remote and open it. Man this annoys me. Second to this and may be connected. I have child locks switched off, but when I park up, turn the engine off, my rear passengers can not get out until I open my door. My daughter has figured that she can push a lock button forward then open the door normally, but you would expect this to be straight forward just opening the normal handle.

I have not found info on changing this in the manual. Is there a setting to change on key fob or via the dash?

If you download the full manual here:

https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eManual

there is a long list of customisations, including info on where to change them (dash, info screen or dealer).

That's where I found out about the open/close windows (& moonroof if fitted) from the keyfob and was able to ask my dealer to enable this before delivery.

On my copy the list starts on P588 of the main manual (beware, on the Gen 4 Prius, the pages numbers changed depending on when the manual was downloaded).  Otherwise, you can search for "Customizable Features").

There is a entry in the "Door lock " section "Shift position linked door unlocking function" that unlocks the doors when the transmission "P" is selected, not quite what you seem to want but might work for you.  (On my car, opening the drivers door, unlocking via the fob and keyless entry only does the driver's door, but I mostly travel alone).

One thing some people might find useful if different people drive a car with the seat position memory, is the "Driving position memory" options, which includes linking each memory button to a key, so that if the first key unlocks the car the seat moves to position 1, and position 2 for the second key.

• Thanks 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links