Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T Sport AC unit

Meesies

Recently bought a T sport 2002. Full Toyota service history . Came to put the heaters on tonight and can’t seem to get it out of AC mode . Even when it says hot still blowing cold .  When it’s turned off warm air does trickle through . Is it something I’m missing or is it a fault ? 

If a fault is there a common fix or anything 🙂

Hi,

Could be several causes, but suggest you look under the dash, driver side, where the servo motor operate the air control flap, seems the plastic linkages/gears can break.

If you look under while pressing the temperature button across its full range, you should see  the motor operate.

Have heard tales were the flap actually slips on it shaft, but thats a major a/c out job.

4 hours ago, oldcodger said:

Hi,

Could be several causes, but suggest you look under the dash, driver side, where the servo motor operate the air control flap, seems the plastic linkages/gears can break.

If you look under while pressing the temperature button across its full range, you should see  the motor operate.

Have heard tales were the flap actually slips on it shaft, but thats a major a/c out job.

It’s the light that’s I can’t get off . It’s always on when selecting anything to do with heating or temp etc 

Hi,

Could be that switch has gone faulty or that whole  heating control unit has a problem ? seems it has its own involved circuitry.

You could  try running its basic diagnostic, below,  that may or not work, but also it might serve as a Reset to clear thing if its electronically stuck on that switch.

You could also try disconnecting the Battery for a few mins to see if that clears things.

Never had that module out , so not much more I could add ..

000078.thumb.jpg.5ff1b639e686290e8d9a625e3f0c1447.jpg

21 hours ago, oldcodger said:

Hi,

Could be that switch has gone faulty or that whole  heating control unit has a problem ? seems it has its own involved circuitry.

You could  try running its basic diagnostic, below,  that may or not work, but also it might serve as a Reset to clear thing if its electronically stuck on that switch.

You could also try disconnecting the battery for a few mins to see if that clears things.

Never had that module out , so not much more I could add ..

000078.thumb.jpg.5ff1b639e686290e8d9a625e3f0c1447.jpg

Thank you very much 

Have you a clearer picture of the above please ?

1 hour ago, Meesies said:

Thank you very much 

Have you a clearer picture of the above please ?

If you log on and then click or double click on the image it should expand to full readable size.... 

If it does not work for you PM me an email address and I will send it direct

000081.thumb.jpg.8ff6e89703847214d38ec80443b37fdb.jpg