Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car door swapping help

Lisa P

Hi, 

i want to buy a new drivers door for my Auris 2008 TR. I can find a door for 2010-2013 that looks exactly the same but with indicator on mirror which I would get swapped anyway. Can anyone tell me if it would fit. Don’t want to spend out on a mistake. Got it on hold at a breakers yard so need to know ASAP. Can anyone help me please ? 

Edited by Lisa P
Wrong title

Wouldn’t like to say. 

What I would do is call Toyota ask in parts for a favour give them both the regs to double check 

They say they can’t confirm this for me. I am hoping it would be ok. Hanging fire to see if any one knows for sure as it would only be the Shell and all my existing inners will be reused

The door should fit. It just a matter of swapping over the parts that work for your car. The door is just a Shell that everything is bolted to. The part numbers are the same. You only need the Shell of the door, then swap the key barrel, glass if the donor door is missing/broken, wrong tint or no tint, door card and controls. Best if the door Shell is the same colour, saving on respray cost. 
The part numbers are the same for all the model range from start to end run - 
http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2008/auris-hybrid-ukp/zze150r-dhmnkw/2_166510_048_345W/body/6701_front-door-panel-glass/1

http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2011/auris-hybrid-ukp/zre151r-dhlnpw/2_166510_098_472W/body/6701_front-door-panel-glass/1

Just makes sure the donor car is the same body style as yours, ie 5 door, as there is the 3 door variant! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Konrad C said:

The door should fit. It just a matter of swapping over the parts that work for your car. The door is just a shell that everything is bolted to. The part numbers are the same. You only need the shell of the door, then swap the key barrel, glass if the donor door is missing/broken, wrong tint or no tint, door card and controls. Best if the door shell is the same colour, saving on respray cost. 
The part numbers are the same for all the model range from start to end run - 
http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2008/auris-hybrid-ukp/zze150r-dhmnkw/2_166510_048_345W/body/6701_front-door-panel-glass/1

http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2011/auris-hybrid-ukp/zre151r-dhlnpw/2_166510_098_472W/body/6701_front-door-panel-glass/1

Just makes sure the donor car is the same body style as yours, ie 5 door, as there is the 3 door variant! 

Perfect thank you. Yes it’s the correct colour. Have got rust on the bottom of my door, had it sprayed but rust back within a year. Think this is the cheapest fix....plus another question if I can. My car has a black strip/ guard on it. Can these be removed and stuck on my new door. Not sure if they are just stuck on?? 

Thank you

The 2010-2012 Auris is just a facelift of the 2007-2010 Auris - so the doors should be the same.

The body side moulding ( the black strip) is attached using the equivalent of 3M tape, so can be removed.  However, not sure how successfully it may be re-attached to the new door. Would need to use new tape anyway.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lisa P said:

Can these be removed and stuck on my new door. Not sure if they are just stuck on?? 

I can only comment on the Yaris door "protector strips" like those in this eBay listing  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Yaris-Mk3-3-Door-Rubbing-Strips-Door-Protectors-Side-Mouldings/222053979386?hash=item33b372d4fa:g:F1AAAOSwv9hW5y-P

If those on your door are similar, then they are probably stuck on using 3M  double side adhesive tape. As the door is being replaced they should come off using a scraper. Carefully because they could bend. The adhesive tape will also have to come off the plastic. New 3M tape is readily available. Can't remember how wide it should be but two lengths per strip are required. Measure and ensure the positioning of the existing are noted first. Instructions for fitting (removing too), not necessarily Toyota, are easily found online.

If they are not the same then ignore the above!

FB beat me.

2 minutes ago, Lisa P said:

Perfect thank you. Yes it’s the correct colour. Have got rust on the bottom of my door, had it sprayed but rust back within a year. Think this is the cheapest fix....plus another question if I can. My car has a black strip/ guard on it. Can these be removed and stuck on my new door. Not sure if they are just stuck on?? 

Thank you

The Auris didn't normally come with black strip. I assume this strip is half way down the door like on other models. If so this was an addition, either dealer fit or aftermarket. You can remove this strip from your door either with a heat gun or hair dryer. I had to replace the door strip on my previous Mk1 Avensis and used a sharp knife on the donor part, in the scrap yard. I used white spirit or similar to clean and remove the old tape on both the strip and the door. Before removing the door and strip mark the position on the front wing, to line up the strip when replacing. I used double sided licence place tape, but you can use something just as suitable. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, many thanks for all the help. The door got replaced and looks so much better. Wish I had thought of this the first time and didn’t bother with a dodgy spray job!!