Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

Made order in mid september was told delivery in mid december. I live in sweden. 

Will it be MY2022 or MY2021? 

On 9/25/2021 at 8:53 AM, Bozz said:

So for everyone waiting for delivery at the moment what lead time are you seeing currently.

I ordered on 31st Aug and dealer has advised that the system is showing 14th Oct but that that may go backwards.

Bozz

MyT now showing 'Build in Progress'

Didn't expect to see that so soon after order :biggrin:

43 minutes ago, Bozz said:

MyT now showing 'Build in Progress'

Didn't expect to see that so soon after order :biggrin:

Did you add it to the app yourself or did it appear because you signed up with the same email address  you gave the showroom?

22 minutes ago, RzrAzr said:

Did you add it to the app yourself or did it appear because you signed up with the same email address  you gave the showroom?

I didn't add it to the app myself, I guess the dealer did it.

31 minutes ago, RzrAzr said:

How long did it take to show from when you placed the order? IGNORE that, just seen it 🙂

1 minute ago, MobiusRift said:

How long did it take to show from when you placed the order?

M

Order placed 31st August. Status changed to 'Build in Progress' overnight last night, so 26 days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bozz said:

Order placed 31st August. Status changed to 'Build in Progress' overnight last night, so 26 days.

I'll not look at the app for the next month then 🙂

2 minutes ago, MobiusRift said:

I'll not look at the app for the next month then 🙂

When  did you place your order?

47 minutes ago, Bozz said:

Email confirmation just received too

2 hours ago, Bozz said:

When  did you place your order?

Last week 🙂

• Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 10:34 AM, Bozz said:

Now 'in transit' so it would appear that 14th Oct is realistic for delivery to the dealer - we'll see I guess 

• 4 months later...

Hi, what have been peoples experiences in their wait time?

I've had a generic email saying 14-16 weeks.  1.8 GR Sport. No added extras.

Hoping it's sooner than that!

49 minutes ago, Perry313 said:

Hi, what have been peoples experiences in their wait time?

I've had a generic email saying 14-16 weeks.  1.8 GR Sport. No added extras.

Hoping it's sooner than that!

all orders for the GT sport ordered in January should be available at the dealership in  may/June I'm told by my main dealer 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks, 

I'm wondering if you can help me I'm new to the club and also new to Toyota. I've order a Corolla GR Sport 2.0 Hybrid in Manhattan Grey with Bi Tone.

I've run into the same experience that most of the world has had when it comes to new cars. I ordered a SEAT Leon 1.4 e-Hybrid back in August 2021. It was due to land in end of March 22. My dealer contacted me in January to say it was now going to be this August. I then got a further email in February saying it was likely to be 2023. This was the last straw so I've shopped around and found what I see as being a really nice alternative to what I was looking at previously in the Corolla. 

My dealer said to me on Friday when we agreed the deal that new Corolla's were not being impacted and that I was looking 14-16 weeks with a delivery date of end May/June.

This morning I've had contact with them to say they placed the order and estimated a date of around August (24 weeks) but they'd make contact with me in a months time to let me know how it's getting on as these things are being brought forward.

What's been your experiences so far through pandemic semi-conductor demand?

I'd really like to hear how peoples view's have been.

Thanks, Nick.

You get a fair idea by looking at the following:

• Thanks 1

I ordered my 2.0 GR TS on Dec 20th and had a call today saying they expect it to come in next week which is ahead of the estimate (mid April) so it does look like they may be being overly cautious with the estimates. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, StreetHawk said:

I ordered my 2.0 GR TS on Dec 20th and had a call today saying they expect it to come in next week which is ahead of the estimate (mid April) so it does look like they may be being overly cautious with the estimates. 

@StreetHawk - Thank you for this it's been really useful just to get someone else's experience. 

• Like 1

I ordered online directly from Toyota on Christmas Day (exciting, I know) and got an email this morning advising April delivery.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StreetHawk said:

Wow, that's some jump! 

2 hours ago, lancs23 said:

Hi folks, 

I'm wondering if you can help me I'm new to the club and also new to Toyota. I've order a Corolla GR Sport 2.0 Hybrid in Manhattan Grey with Bi Tone.

I've run into the same experience that most of the world has had when it comes to new cars. I ordered a SEAT Leon 1.4 e-Hybrid back in August 2021. It was due to land in end of March 22. My dealer contacted me in January to say it was now going to be this August. I then got a further email in February saying it was likely to be 2023. This was the last straw so I've shopped around and found what I see as being a really nice alternative to what I was looking at previously in the Corolla. 

My dealer said to me on Friday when we agreed the deal that new Corolla's were not being impacted and that I was looking 14-16 weeks with a delivery date of end May/June.

This morning I've had contact with them to say they placed the order and estimated a date of around August (24 weeks) but they'd make contact with me in a months time to let me know how it's getting on as these things are being brought forward.

What's been your experiences so far through pandemic semi-conductor demand?

I'd really like to hear how peoples view's have been.

Thanks, Nick.

I've found that different manufacturers and dealers are better at forecasting than others.

Take Ford for example - I ordered a Puma ST around this time last year. I knew it would take a while, so had no issues with the wait, but another dealer suggested it would only take a month or so. I very nearly pulled my order to swap to the other dealer, but my gut was telling me to stay. I know someone who ordered from the other dealer, and their car didn't arrive until August - Mine arrived end of May...

The take away from that is that some dealers tell you what you want to hear to get the sale, rather than being realistic, and perhaps under promising to over deliver.

Ordered mine at the start of Jan. Expected April/May (more likely May) delivery with known lead times. After order expected delivery date was 1st June. Now they’re (lease company) is saying July. 👎👎👎

I ordered my Corolla TS on 13th October with a predicted delivery date of 1st February - I picked the car up 27th January. So lead time was just over 15 weeks with the Toyota website quoting 16 weeks at the time of ordering. So they were spot on 👍

1 hour ago, Notfer said:

Wow, that's some jump!

I know! Not expected at all, the app still shows ‘processing’ so I hope his info is more accurate than mine.. He’s going to ring me Monday with another update. 

• Like 1

Ordered my Design 1.8 in pearl white at beginning of January and still processing. Expect it probably in April but who knows

Test drove a Corolla GR Sport TS 2 weeks ago and was told by the salesman May/ June.  Ordered mine via leasing co two days later, the leasing co ordered the car with the same local garage and I’ve been told end of August! Gulp!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links