Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

I've just been on the configurator now, and the lead time for the GR TS 2.0 has dropped to 23 weeks! I'm sure it was 26-27 yesterday.

4 minutes ago, Notfer said:

I've just been on the configurator now, and the lead time for the GR TS 2.0 has dropped to 23 weeks! I'm sure it was 26-27 yesterday.

It does jump around a bit, I’ve seen it as low as 13 and as high as 28, all in the last couple of months. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, lancs23 said:

Hi folks, 

I'm wondering if you can help me I'm new to the club and also new to Toyota. I've order a Corolla GR Sport 2.0 Hybrid in Manhattan Grey with Bi Tone.

I've run into the same experience that most of the world has had when it comes to new cars. I ordered a SEAT Leon 1.4 e-Hybrid back in August 2021. It was due to land in end of March 22. My dealer contacted me in January to say it was now going to be this August. I then got a further email in February saying it was likely to be 2023. This was the last straw so I've shopped around and found what I see as being a really nice alternative to what I was looking at previously in the Corolla. 

My dealer said to me on Friday when we agreed the deal that new Corolla's were not being impacted and that I was looking 14-16 weeks with a delivery date of end May/June.

This morning I've had contact with them to say they placed the order and estimated a date of around August (24 weeks) but they'd make contact with me in a months time to let me know how it's getting on as these things are being brought forward.

What's been your experiences so far through pandemic semi-conductor demand?

I'd really like to hear how peoples view's have been.

Thanks, Nick.

According to Toyota's latest UK update (03.02.22) current Corolla orders are being allocated to May build slots with June deliveries

Hi. I ordered a 2.0 Excel Corolla TS on Saturday. I was told a 16 week wait, so should be here May or early June. Yesterday that 16 week changed to 27! I went back to the dealer today for a longer test drive and mentioned this. He checked the system and said it was still showing May/June for delivery. He also said that they are increasingly improving on production and catching up on orders. So hopefully we will get ours according to original estimates. Good luck!

56 minutes ago, Notfer said:

Yes I checked yesterday and it was 27! 

I've just been on the configurator for my order of a white Design 1.8 Hatchback and on estimated delivery it now says 9 weeks. Our order form says estimated July. I've just checked with my dealer and they currently think 23 June. If the configurator is correct that's an extra 2 months early termination on my current lease Skoda 🙄

I'm pretty sure they just have a random number generator on the website making up a new wait time each week. 

• Haha 2

The configurator is likely getting annoyed with lots of people configuring cars then not placing an order.

• Haha 3

Mine was ordered 20th January, with expected delivery of 27th June - got an email from my dealer the other day saying this has now been brought forward to 2nd week of May. (2L GR Sport HB)

40 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

The configurator is likely getting annoyed with lots of people configuring cars then not placing an order.

I might be responsible for at least 50% of those.. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hardy888 said:

I'm pretty sure they just have a random number generator on the website making up a new wait time each week. 

I wouldn't be surprised! The TS Excel has gone down to 9 weeks too, but won't give me a date for the GR TS. Tomorrow It'll be 30 weeks 🙃

1 hour ago, StreetHawk said:

I might be responsible for at least 50% of those.. 

And me at least 50% of the remainder 🤣

• Haha 1

Weird thing is if you configure an icon tech it says 19 weeks, and when you select 'earlier available cars', it has the icon also at 19 weeks.

If you then configure a design, it says 9 weeks, and clicking earlier available cars this time shows the icon at 9 weeks.

Personally, I wouldn't pay much attention to their configurator estimates.

• Like 2

Dealer informed me that colour makes a major difference

apparently changing over colour is a process for the paint shop so they build by batches

problem is manufacturing videos don’t show it like that

• Like 1

On 2/16/2022 at 10:51 PM, Woofwoof said:

apparently changing over colour is a process for the paint shop so they build by batches

Strangely I’m now buying a Corolla from the the Toyota factory in Derby I went to as a teenager on a school trip when the 2001 model Corolla and Avensis were being made. Showing my age now. Can’t say they were being produced in batches based on colour but you never know.

On 2/16/2022 at 10:51 PM, Woofwoof said:

Seems plausible. The configurator currently states a waiting time of 9 weeks for a TS in scarlet flare, but 26 week for pure white and Manhattan grey.

I certainly don’t know the technicalities of changing a colour during production, but probably there will be a delay of some time to either change nozzles and lines or clean the said things out. In short, I think colour change will cause delays.

I think they paint the body shells by batches, from what I remember of a visit to Nissan in Sunderland, but the assembly process may be a bit different. For instance similar, or the same, specifications by batch. My 2 cents worth.

My dealer rung with an update, due 23rd June, instead of mid July. Which I’m absolutely fine about,

• Like 2

Ordered a Corolla TS 2.0 Gr on Jan 27th, Dealer originally said around May/June worst case July. I now have a build slot for August 1st which I am secretly hoping gets bought forward. Manhattan Grey if the colour does delay things. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chuffmonkey said:

Ordered a Corolla TS 2.0 Gr on Jan 27th, Dealer originally said around May/June worst case July. I now have a build slot for August 1st which I am secretly hoping gets bought forward. Manhattan Grey if the colour does delay things. 

How do you find out your build slot date?

38 minutes ago, OTS84 said:

How do you find out your build slot date?

I emailed the dealer with a couple of questions and they mentioned it then.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chuffmonkey said:

Maybe the colour does effect it after all. I ordered mine, same spec, model, engine etc, but in Obsidian Blue, on the 21st Jan, and my ETA at the dealer is the 23rd June.

The colour must be affecting the waiting/building time.  Ordered mine in basic white and got it delivered to the dealer 40ish days after I placed the order. Was told at a time waiting time 6 to 9 months. Very happy I don't have to wait so much - getting it just in time for my birthday 6th of March