Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

I ordered a 2.0L Excel touring sports today in black and was quoted July/ August delivery.

Regards

I ordered a 2.0 L GR Sport ash grey bi-tone hatchback on 14th November, was told by the dealer recently its estimated for 20th April Delivery.

Hoping the update from the dealer still means I'm getting the two tone on my TS

19 minutes ago, Scout117 said:

I ordered a 2.0 L GR Sport ash grey bi-tone hatchback on 14th November, was told by the dealer recently its estimated for 20th April Delivery.

I ordered a 2.0 GR Sport HB sterling silver pearlescent bi-tone 4 Dec  now pushed back 6 weeks to end March, dealer didn't bother telling me, communication is where they fail, I wonder if factory waits for a volume of a colour before producing. 

On 2/15/2022 at 12:55 PM, lancs23 said:

Hi folks, 

I'm wondering if you can help me I'm new to the club and also new to Toyota. I've order a Corolla GR Sport 2.0 Hybrid in Manhattan Grey with Bi Tone.

I've run into the same experience that most of the world has had when it comes to new cars. I ordered a SEAT Leon 1.4 e-Hybrid back in August 2021. It was due to land in end of March 22. My dealer contacted me in January to say it was now going to be this August. I then got a further email in February saying it was likely to be 2023. This was the last straw so I've shopped around and found what I see as being a really nice alternative to what I was looking at previously in the Corolla. 

My dealer said to me on Friday when we agreed the deal that new Corolla's were not being impacted and that I was looking 14-16 weeks with a delivery date of end May/June.

This morning I've had contact with them to say they placed the order and estimated a date of around August (24 weeks) but they'd make contact with me in a months time to let me know how it's getting on as these things are being brought forward.

What's been your experiences so far through pandemic semi-conductor demand?

I'd really like to hear how peoples view's have been.

Thanks, Nick.

Maybe not so relevant now but I ordered mine on 31st August with a vague promise from the dealer of delivery by end October but it turned up with them on 7th October so less than 6 weeks. 

2 hours ago, Bozz said:

Maybe not so relevant now but I ordered mine on 31st August with a vague promise from the dealer of delivery by end October but it turned up with them on 7th October so less than 6 weeks. 

Doesn’t see to be any patterns. I ordered 13 weeks ago and according to the dealer still have a further 6-8 weeks to wait

• Sad 1

Mine seems to be jumping all over the place, ordered end Dec and told delivery mid April, then got a call last week saying it should arrive this week, now told it’s delayed until end May!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 2/21/2022 at 1:26 PM, StreetHawk said:

Mine seems to be jumping all over the place, ordered end Dec and told delivery mid April, then got a call last week saying it should arrive this week, now told it’s delayed until end May!

That's weird! Especially a call saying next week and then a sudden jump to May? Bit of a strange one, if you ask me. 

What Engine size and trim did you go for?

7 minutes ago, Perry313 said:

That's weird! Especially a call saying next week and then a sudden jump to May? Bit of a strange one, if you ask me. 

What Engine size and trim did you go for?

It’s a 2.0 GR TS, yes it doesn’t add up. I can only guess that someone has looked at the wrong order and made a mistake. There is no change on the app and no more info in the buried data so arriving this week didn’t look likely anyway. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, any general thoughts on delivery timelines for the Excel 1.8 with the bitone paint option? I've just received the message that delivery could take 5 months! The dealer is not very helpful, unfortunately. Has anyone received their Corolla earlier than expected in 2022?

Hi folks,

I went to Toyota on Wednesday for a test drive in the 2.0 GR Sport Corolla. They didn't have the engine in the hatch so I drove a TS but was really impressed with it.

Still waiting for my new one to get a build date they are estimating end of July early August - are any of you getting long lead times still? My dealer was saying this is changing so quickly?

Also quick question forgot to ask before I left the dealer. They had a Corolla GR hatch in the showroom the auto box had "B" after drive whereas the one I drove had an "S" on the selector. Why's this and what's the difference?

Cheers, 

Nick 🙂 

1 hour ago, lancs23 said:

Hi folks,

I went to Toyota on Wednesday for a test drive in the 2.0 GR Sport Corolla. They didn't have the engine in the hatch so I drove a TS but was really impressed with it.

Still waiting for my new one to get a build date they are estimating end of July early August - are any of you getting long lead times still? My dealer was saying this is changing so quickly?

Also quick question forgot to ask before I left the dealer. They had a Corolla GR hatch in the showroom the auto box had "B" after drive whereas the one I drove had an "S" on the selector. Why's this and what's the difference?

Cheers, 

Nick 🙂 

I ordered mine mid to late Jan, and my last update which was last month was the 23rd June, which is a month less than the original estimate. Heard nothing yet, but am due for an update soon. MyT is showing as processing order, but not holding out much hope that that will get updated anyway.

"B" is only found on the 1.8 - increases the brake regeneration, specifically for when you're going down hill.
"S" is only found on the 2.0 - allows for the paddles to be used, and similarly if you "downshift" creates the same sort of thing as B mode.

• Like 1

B does not increase regeneration. It starts the petrol engine so you have engine braking as well as the regeneration effect.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Notfer said:

I ordered mine mid to late Jan, and my last update which was last month was the 23rd June, which is a month less than the original estimate. Heard nothing yet, but am due for an update soon. MyT is showing as processing order, but not holding out much hope that that will get updated anyway.

"B" is only found on the 1.8 - increases the brake regeneration, specifically for when you're going down hill.
"S" is only found on the 2.0 - allows for the paddles to be used, and similarly if you "downshift" creates the same sort of thing as B mode.

I was estimated mid April and heard nothing since, I assume no news is good news. I ordered beginning of January.

Not sure on the lead time between build start (as stated on app/tracker) and actual delivery to the dealer do if anyone knows, that will help understand when I should start to see movement in the coming weeks? 

• Like 2

The Corolla is a bit of a special case for us as it's built here in the UK, there is no transportation step from a factory to a dock or rail yard required. 

Corolla normally arrive to UK dealers quicker then other Toyota products once they leave the factory.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kieranm9091 said:

I was estimated mid April and heard nothing since, I assume no news is good news. I ordered beginning of January.

Not sure on the lead time between build start (as stated on app/tracker) and actual delivery to the dealer do if anyone knows, that will help understand when I should start to see movement in the coming weeks? 

I would contact your dealer for an update, I ordered mid Dec and was quoted mid April, it’s now slipped to end of May. All depends which model/trim/engine/colour you order I guess. 

Ordered a Corolla Design 1.8 HB end of November, was delivered yesterday to the dealership, exactly 100 days! Picking up on Tuesday. 

3 hours ago, StreetHawk said:

I would contact your dealer for an update, I ordered mid Dec and was quoted mid April, it’s now slipped to end of May. All depends which model/trim/engine/colour you order I guess. 

I ordered 2.0 HB excel with Pan roof

Ordered my 1.8 Design with pan roof on 11 Jan and today notified build in progress. 

56 minutes ago, Chriss27 said:

Ordered my 1.8 Design with pan roof on 11 Jan and today notified build in progress. 

What was your estimated delivery when ordering?

1 hour ago, Kieranm9091 said:

What was your estimated delivery when ordering?

At Point of sale told March and last week dealer said  31 March

2 hours ago, Chriss27 said:

At Point of sale told March and last week dealer said  31 March

Ah okay so they are pretty much on target as it seems for 1.8. Will be intrigued with my 2.0 as estimated April upon ordering Jan 8th

• Like 1

In transit yesterday shouldn’t be long now 

• Like 1

On 3/13/2022 at 1:44 PM, Kieranm9091 said:

Ah okay so they are pretty much on target as it seems for 1.8. Will be intrigued with my 2.0 as estimated April upon ordering Jan 8th

I've been waiting for corolla hb bi-tone 2.0 since 4th Dec, others got their 1.8s who ordered over a month later, I do find communication very poor, MyT app has no estimated date. It seems they move production around as orders come in, probably not just supply chain, guess most buy 1.8

Just seen this thread update as my dealer emailed me about mine this morning so far they have been really good at keeping me updated. They are saying 01/08 for my HB Bi-Tone 2.0 GR. Ordered 11/02.  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links