Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

There were better times then. Max discount now £1500-2 

I got £3500 off my Corolla only last week. Some dealers are still pushing for sales 

Still got 0% finance on it too. 

Matt 

• Like 2

Similar topics merged.

1 hour ago, Composite Guru said:

I got £3500 off my Corolla only last week. Some dealers are still pushing for sales 

Still got 0% finance on it too. 

Matt 

Same here. you just need to find the right dealer. it's not easy i was just lucky. my local Toyota dealer was unhelpful but my other Toyota dealer 10 miles away very helpful. 

2 hours ago, fourbanks said:

Same here. you just need to find the right dealer. it's not easy i was just lucky. my local Toyota dealer was unhelpful but my other Toyota dealer 10 miles away very helpful. 

I live near Bedford, Steven Eagell owns almost every Toyota dealership in a 40 mile radius. I used Car Wow to get some other dealers out of the area to give them some competition. It certainly worked. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Composite Guru said:

I live near Bedford, Steven Eagell owns almost every Toyota dealership in a 40 mile radius. I used Car Wow to get some other dealers out of the area to give them some competition. It certainly worked. 

yes it does work. my local Toyota dealer could have made the same offer as the other dealer as there the same franchise but chose not to. as i say it all depends on your luck on the day. 

8 hours ago, Composite Guru said:

I saved £3500 with Car Wow on my 2.0 GR Sport. 
Used it 4 years ago when I bought my new Volvo V40 R Design Pro. Saved £10k on that. 
Will defo use again I’m the future. The dealers just give in when they know you are with Car Wow. 

Yes they do give up they lose interest straight away but then try and say it’s hard for Carwow to get stock to try and put you off 

Another Carwow user here.. saved me over £5300!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, simond64 said:

I used car wow to bargain and got 14% off, just checked and offers still 11.4%, if you can wait for a new build, still good deals available but the 0%finance has gone but might come back in June

I doubt June as marketing promotions are usually quarterly so most likely the next change will be July. However as the lead times are growing I can’t see them improving the offer.

24 minutes ago, StreetHawk said:

Another Carwow user here.. saved me over £5300!

i just asked my local dealer could they match the online price from uk discount which was £3500 off the recommended list price for my GR sport. he said no so i went over to my other Toyota dealer and he said yes and gave me a top price for my Mazda. this deal was done early February and by the time i get round to picking up my GR sport in may i will have all in saved around £4000. which is classed as good on a £30-000 vehicle 

12 hours ago, Chriss27 said:

Yes they do give up they lose interest straight away but then try and say it’s hard for Carwow to get stock to try and put you off 

Car Wow don’t hold any stock. They are just a mediator between dealers just like Go Compare for insurance. 

• Like 2

The car market has changed significantly since last August. New and especially used car prices went up to 40% , discounts has reduced to very little and particularly on Toyota hybrids which are the most sought after ice vehicles in uk currently. You can still get a huge discount on garbage cars like German or French with petrol or Diesel engines, but  hybrids, plug in hybrids and Evs prices are up in the sky. 

Well, looks like everything may not be quite as hunky dory as originally thought by the dealer, i've just had 8 weeks added to my build time on a 2.0L.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Hardy888 said:

That is a stonking push back.

Which is what concerns me - I'm also inclined to tell them to stuff it on the new build and take one of the identical specced used ones at £100 a month less, as I need out of my current car and its 24-28mpg and trying to kill me electronics.

• Sad 1

Might be an idea to go used if you need one. I can wait 6+ months as painful as it is but that's a very long time if you need out of your current one. 

In Cyprus there was a system of 'gap' cars.  It was tailored to people wanting a new car but needing wheels in the near term.  You bought the gap car for a set period of say 3 to 6 months with a guarantee that the dealer would buy it back at the same price when you bought your new car. 

That gap car might be sold on a few times. 

Given the high prices dealers seem to command on newish second hand cars such gap trade ins could benefit dealer and customer. 

Of course this depends on the dealer having a suitable supply second hand vehicles.  Would it work here? 

2 hours ago, GiantKiwi said:

Well, looks like everything may not be quite as hunky dory as originally thought by the dealer, i've just had 8 weeks added to my build time on a 2.0L.

What was your original estimate and date or ordering?

1 hour ago, Kieranm9091 said:

What was your original estimate and date or ordering?

Ordered 18th January, original estimate for delivery of May 11th (with 5 days also allotted within that deadline for detailing/ceramic coat by 3rd party - so they would have the car going to build end of next week originally).

33 minutes ago, GiantKiwi said:

Ordered 18th January, original estimate for delivery of May 11th (with 5 days also allotted within that deadline for detailing/ceramic coat by 3rd party - so they would have the car going to build end of next week originally).

Interesting, what was the spec of the car?

I ordered 8th Jan for Excel with Pan roof, due mid April but now targeted for 9th May which is what is showing on the website atm for me. Build to start next week.

24 minutes ago, Kieranm9091 said:

Interesting, what was the spec of the car?

I ordered 8th Jan for Excel with Pan roof, due mid April but now targeted for 9th May which is what is showing on the website atm for me. Build to start next week.

GR with standard roof, plain white colour, 2L. They're blaming chip shortage, despite not having such woes projected back in January, despite all that was going on worldwide with such - which is why I risked opting for new in the first place.

Mine is with the Retailer today, 1 week after build start. My order was placed 31st December for a 2.0 gr sport in bi tone scarlet flare. My original date was 6th April, then 20th and then 27th so pretty quick everything considered.

Interesting with the GR sport as iv ordered the touring 2.0l in a GR frock as well, I originally ordered an ID3 with VW but jumped ship due to delays. Iv been tempted to go second hand, half decent BMW X4 would tempt me but the diesel doesn’t. Ordered 14th March, exp date July/Aug.. and if in the later half of Aug then I might as well delay for new reg in Sept. 

Hello all,

Took the plunge on Saturday and ordered a Corolla hatchback 1.8 Icon Tech in Grey (what a lovely grey it is too!).

very impressed with the test drive and the great MPG should come in handy too!

Coming out of a VW Polo Active 1.0 which was a 71 plate and only had 1500 miles on the clock. I’d had it from new but the prices of used cars at the moment trade in was too much to resist (had £2500 as equity) and got over £4000 off list on the Corolla so too good to pass up on.

It will be my first Toyota (after being uninspired previously!) but the Corolla looks nice and has a good quality interior. 

Been told build is August and collection in October so we shall see! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ByePolo said:

Hello all,

Took the plunge on Saturday and ordered a Corolla hatchback 1.8 Icon Tech in Grey (what a lovely grey it is too!).

very impressed with the test drive and the great MPG should come in handy too!

Coming out of a VW Polo Active 1.0 which was a 71 plate and only had 1500 miles on the clock. I’d had it from new but the prices of used cars at the moment trade in was too much to resist (had £2500 as equity) and got over £4000 off list on the Corolla so too good to pass up on.

It will be my first Toyota (after being uninspired previously!) but the Corolla looks nice and has a good quality interior. 

Been told build is August and collection in October so we shall see! 

Welcome. Used car market is a bit insane atm. 

Has anyone who ordered cars earlier this year on carwow collected it and had the price increased in line with the recent list price increase or have all deals been honoured? Our corolla has arrived at the dealer this week after ordering in January and just want to be pre-armed with info just in case they do try anything like that. Hoping to collect this weekend and looking forward to driving Corolla for the first time! Changed order from Yaris after first order was cancelled due to spec change!