Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

5 minutes ago, Dai_B said:

Has anyone who ordered cars earlier this year on carwow collected it and had the price increased in line with the recent list price increase or have all deals been honoured? Our corolla has arrived at the dealer this week after ordering in January and just want to be pre-armed with info just in case they do try anything like that. Hoping to collect this weekend and looking forward to driving Corolla for the first time! Changed order from Yaris after first order was cancelled due to spec change!

I believe that the price you agree on and the order is made with initially is honoured. Price rises were for new orders placed from the 7th February (If I remember that correctly). So if you placed your order at a certain price, that is the price you will be expected to pay, unless you add extras on later.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kieranm9091 said:

I believe that the price you agree on and the order is made with initially is honoured. Price rises were for new orders placed from the 7th February (If I remember that correctly). So if you placed your order at a certain price, that is the price you will be expected to pay, unless you add extras on later.

Hoping and expecting that to be the case, ordered Mid January. 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dai_B said:

Hoping and expecting that to be the case, ordered Mid January. 👍

I ordered 31st Jan. Only thing that can change is the value of the my part exchange. Once you've placed order you agreed the price so they cannot increase it.

15 hours ago, Dai_B said:

Has anyone who ordered cars earlier this year on carwow collected it and had the price increased in line with the recent list price increase or have all deals been honoured? Our corolla has arrived at the dealer this week after ordering in January and just want to be pre-armed with info just in case they do try anything like that. Hoping to collect this weekend and looking forward to driving Corolla for the first time! Changed order from Yaris after first order was cancelled due to spec change!

I'm pretty sure that once you've ordered, and agreed/signed, they can't change the price, irrespective on how long its taken, or a price increase. You agreed at that specific time, and may have not gone for it if the price had been different.

1 hour ago, Notfer said:

I'm pretty sure that once you've ordered, and agreed/signed, they can't change the price, irrespective on how long its taken, or a price increase. You agreed at that specific time, and may have not gone for it if the price had been different.

That’s true, it’s on your order paperwork the price you are to pay. 

6 hours ago, Kieranm9091 said:

That’s true, it’s on your order paperwork the price you are to pay. 

At the bottom of the order paperwork is the terms and conditions. Amongst them is this little beauty. Hence why I asked if any had price increase imposed on them as yet… Hopefully not!

934AA741-9A75-4C4D-84CF-730636F0DA7B.jpeg

1 hour ago, Dai_B said:

At the bottom of the order paperwork is the terms and conditions. Amongst them is this little beauty. Hence why I asked if any had price increase imposed on them as yet… Hopefully not!

934AA741-9A75-4C4D-84CF-730636F0DA7B.jpeg

They will be aware however that customers are likely to cancel the order/could exercise their right to cancel if the price is increased which is why they are likely not to pass on the increase to existing orders. I am intrigued to know if anyone has ever had their price reduced 🤣

2 hours ago, Kieranm9091 said:

They will be aware however that customers are likely to cancel the order/could exercise their right to cancel if the price is increased which is why they are likely not to pass on the increase to existing orders. I am intrigued to know if anyone has ever had their price reduced 🤣

That being said, they know that with the current market, people are willing to pay a lot for cars. I wouldn't be surprised if they tell people they have to pay more, then sell their cars on to newer customers if/when the old customers refuse. It's a quick money maker.

On 4/13/2022 at 11:44 PM, sd247 said:

That being said, they know that with the current market, people are willing to pay a lot for cars. I wouldn't be surprised if they tell people they have to pay more, then sell their cars on to newer customers if/when the old customers refuse. It's a quick money maker.

I know it’s not Toyota related but Iv had a VW Tiguan on order now since last August (with a part ex involved too). 

In this time i’v missed 2 VW price rises by around 5% on the price and the deposit contribution of £1750 from VW has now gone.

I’v been told build for June with delivery in July (that’s if they can find a supplier for their wiring looms as they were made in Ukraine!).

the dealership has made many guarantees that the price will stay the same - everything will be honoured. I reckon VW have a part to play too in honouring prices for customers who have already placed orders (Iv also had letters from the manufacture apologising).

The wait times are incredible at the moment, especially for VW group vehicles, however on the plus side - I’ll be in a bizarre situation where when the car does arrive it will be worth more than I paid in this current climate! 

• Like 1

I think that's the key part Polo, although the contract allows the dealer to pass on price increases it is terrible customer service so manufacturers probably want to discourage them from doing it.

They know folk are already more than frustrated with the delays so to have their customers hit with price rises because of those delays would be something to avoid for them. Some manufacturers might be more short sighted than that but Toyota's reputation leads me to think they would rather lose out gouging customers on a £500 price rise than have a pd off customer.

Then again these people sell cars so they're probably all snakes in one way or another.

12 hours ago, Dai_B said:

At the bottom of the order paperwork is the terms and conditions.

Probably a standard condition in any dealer's order contract regardless of marque.

On 4/13/2022 at 11:44 PM, sd247 said:

It’s possible and very viable. I can imagine there is also risks with that, but makes sense for them to stick with their set dates.

The clause that they gave the ability to change the price is probably there as a last resort, and the manufacturer prefers to increase prices on new orders as there is no unexpected surprises for the customer then. I know if Toyota decided to increase mine to the current price for an Excel HB with pan roof in obsidian blue, I would most likely consider cancelling.

For those who might like to jump the queue my local dealer has two new Corolla's in it's showroom.

1 is a 2022 1.8 ST GR Sport in silver the other is a 2021 2.0 GR Sport Hatch in Obsidian.

On 4/14/2022 at 6:17 AM, ByePolo said:

I know it’s not Toyota related but Iv had a VW Tiguan on order now since last August (with a part ex involved too). 

In this time i’v missed 2 VW price rises by around 5% on the price and the deposit contribution of £1750 from VW has now gone.

I’v been told build for June with delivery in July (that’s if they can find a supplier for their wiring looms as they were made in Ukraine!).

the dealership has made many guarantees that the price will stay the same - everything will be honoured. I reckon VW have a part to play too in honouring prices for customers who have already placed orders (Iv also had letters from the manufacture apologising).

The wait times are incredible at the moment, especially for VW group vehicles, however on the plus side - I’ll be in a bizarre situation where when the car does arrive it will be worth more than I paid in this current climate! 

I had a VW ID3 on order from Oct. Originally told April, then July and then the beginning of March had a letter from VW saying it could be delayed by another 6 months. Due to needing another car because of growing family, did some research and switched to a Toyota Corolla Touring. I was very frank with dealership about delivery times and they seem to be pretty upfront about a July/August delivery. Fingers crossed. 

For those asking (Corolla 2.0 GR sport touring, pure white).

On 4/14/2022 at 9:50 AM, TCTS2 said:

I had a VW ID3 on order from Oct. Originally told April, then July and then the beginning of March had a letter from VW saying it could be delayed by another 6 months. Due to needing another car because of growing family, did some research and switched to a Toyota Corolla Touring. I was very frank with dealership about delivery times and they seem to be pretty upfront about a July/August delivery. Fingers crossed. 

For those asking (Corolla 2.0 GR sport touring, pure white).

Nice!

Was tempted to cancel the Tiguan order and go with a Rav 4….. but even the salesman at Toyota said I’d be mad to cancel the Tiguan order as it’ll be worth more than I owe (I’m getting cash back aswell!). Basically I’ll be in another fantastic position. 

How you finding the Corolla?

Haven’t got it yet! I agree, I almost kept the ID3 order as I could have probably made a few grand on it. But I don’t want to feed the system. 😌

Just had an update from the dealer, the date has been pushed back from June to July which isn’t too bad considering all the supply chain constraints at the moment.  Btw I ordered a grey Corolla Design 2.0 hb in February 

I ordered a 2.0 TS Gr Sport in December and last thing I heard a couple of weeks back was end of may. Hopefully it won’t get pushed back anymore 🤞

• Like 1

Had an update today, first time for 2 month.

Still on schedule for the 23rd June - Ordered 21st Jan/ Hopefully the bi-tone paint sticks too

16 hours ago, Notfer said:

Had an update today, first time for 2 month.

Still on schedule for the 23rd June - Ordered 21st Jan/ Hopefully the bi-tone paint sticks too

What's your spec? I ordered 1.8L TS GR sport the week after you so curious on yours.

5 hours ago, jamiec962 said:

What's your spec? I ordered 1.8L TS GR sport the week after you so curious on yours.

2.0 TS GR Sport in Obsidian Blue Bi Tone.

1 hour ago, Notfer said:

2.0 TS GR Sport in Obsidian Blue Bi Tone.

Nice, I almost went for the same colour. But also loved the pure white with black wheels. 😀

8 hours ago, TCTS2 said:

Nice, I almost went for the same colour. But also loved the pure white with black wheels. 😀

To be honest, I was eyeing up the Red, but as the last 2 previous cards, prior to my Green Puma have been red, the wife suggested I try a different colour 😆.

Whether or not it comes with the black roof, we shall see, I'm not fussed either way, but that's what's down on the order form. So if it comes with it, great, if it doesn't, x amount less for me a month = great.

• Haha 1

For those ordering the Touring GR sport. Do you know if it has a power assisted boot (with the button on the boot). Plenty of reviews in Europe show it. Although not sure if UK version comes with one.

1 hour ago, TCTS2 said:

For those ordering the Touring GR sport. Do you know if it has a power assisted boot (with the button on the boot). Plenty of reviews in Europe show it. Although not sure if UK version comes with one.

Unfortunatley not. It's a manual boot, and the boot light is just a standard one, not the one you get on the design or the excel, which I'd have expected in the GR. Nor do you get the ambient lights!
The brochure and website contradict each other quite a lot too. GR is supposed to get everything you get in the design, plus the GR bits, but evidently, that's not the case.

Euro spec GR Sports are basically the top of the range, you get everything.

• Like 1