Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

Just had MyT update with order number and slightly changed wording. Does this mean anything? 

On 4/20/2022 at 10:57 AM, TCTS2 said:

Just had MyT update with order number and slightly changed wording. Does this mean anything? 

Do you have a screenshot? If it is what I think it is, then it will be that the build of the car is scheduled.

Mine changed last night to 'Build in Progress' after about 2 weeks of details showing up.

On 4/20/2022 at 11:04 AM, TCTS2 said:

Added here. 

DD7F5036-08AE-497E-8046-214BD230B172.jpeg

That’s the norm, your order details are in the system so it is just a waiting game now. You will know when your car is scheduled to be built as you will see ‘Derbyshire’ in the following steps.

Until you see Derbyshire you are just waiting for a build slot.

A5E88267-D938-42C9-A6A0-B83AC23D2A84.jpeg

1 minute ago, Kieranm9091 said:

That’s the norm, your order details are in the system so it is just a waiting game now. You will know when your car is scheduled to be built as you will see ‘Derbyshire’ in the following steps.

Until you see Derbyshire you are just waiting for a build slot.

A5E88267-D938-42C9-A6A0-B83AC23D2A84.jpeg

When did you order yours? Is it the 1.8 or 2.0? 

1 minute ago, TCTS2 said:

When did you order yours? Is it the 1.8 or 2.0? 

I ordered my car early January, it's a 2.0 HB Excel with Pan Roof.

About two weeks ago my tracker changed to add 'Derbyshire' etc and last night it moved to Build in Progress. I was originally estimated delivery mid April, however it will now be first week in May. Not too bad of a delay to be honest.

20 minutes ago, Kieranm9091 said:

I ordered my car early January, it's a 2.0 HB Excel with Pan Roof.

About two weeks ago my tracker changed to add 'Derbyshire' etc and last night it moved to Build in Progress. I was originally estimated delivery mid April, however it will now be first week in May. Not too bad of a delay to be honest.

Nice choice 👍🏻. Having researched multiple car manufacturers due to needing a new car asap, I think Toyota is up there with one of the fastest for this model. Most dealerships been quoting me 8-9 months to a year. I just hope mine doesn’t come with the dreaded new speed limit software 😌

18 minutes ago, TCTS2 said:

I just hope mine doesn’t come with the dreaded new speed limit software 😌

Speed limiters are due to be introduced on models where new Type Approval is granted from July 2022.

Models with existing Type Approval (eg. the Corolla) are not required to have the speed limiters until July 2024 - although manufacturers may install them before then.

15 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Speed limiters are due to be introduced on models where new Type Approval is granted from July 2022.

Models with existing Type Approval (eg. the Corolla) are not required to have the speed limiters until July 2024 - although manufacturers may install them before then.

Are they to be retrofitted on existing vehicles? Or just new factory built cars that will have them installed? 

On 4/20/2022 at 11:34 AM, TCTS2 said:

Nice choice 👍🏻. Having researched multiple car manufacturers due to needing a new car asap, I think Toyota is up there with one of the fastest for this model. Most dealerships been quoting me 8-9 months to a year. I just hope mine doesn’t come with the dreaded new speed limit software 😌

Exactly I was swaying between the Mazda 3 and the Corolla both were 3/4 months at the time I went in. Overall the cost and spec comparison alongside efficiency swayed me to the Corolla and already having bought two cars from them, I had a good relationship with the dealer.

Most of the German cars are having huge delays at the moment and their APR is through the roof (much like Mazda’s)

Speed limiters won’t be as bad as the horrendous 50mph average speed limit roads In Wales. 😰 Joy of driving demolished

1 hour ago, Kieranm9091 said:

Are they to be retrofitted on existing vehicles? Or just new factory built cars that will have them installed? 

As is normal practice with EU legislation re safety equipment on new cars, it won't need to be retro-fitted to existing cars.

This has been the case with other equipment such as daylight running lights, etc, etc.

No one actually knows if it will go ahead in the UK. It has lots of consequences with the luxury car market as well as the reliability of technology. As an IT guy, that makes me nervous. My 70 plate Merc, already has an option to switch on speed limit recognition. Had to switch it off due to picking up 56mph speed signs on the back of lorries and dramatically trying to slow, also does not work in the rain.

I thought it was compulsory for warning only, not control?  The tech is nowhere near good enough for it to be controlling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kieranm9091 said:

Speed limiters won’t be as bad as the horrendous 50mph average speed limit roads In Wales. 😰 Joy of driving demolished

There's still plenty that don't have the lovely big yellow camera's, just need to find them...

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 10:39 PM, Notfer said:

2.0 TS GR Sport in Obsidian Blue Bi Tone.

I didn’t think you could get the bi-tone on uk models? You’ve order exactly the same as me but I won’t have a black roof as far as I know. ☹️ 

I ordered mine (via a leasing company) at the start of Jan and been told July is the earliest delivery date. 

1 hour ago, Southern Mike said:

I didn’t think you could get the bi-tone on uk models? You’ve order exactly the same as me but I won’t have a black roof as far as I know. ☹️ 

I ordered mine (via a leasing company) at the start of Jan and been told July is the earliest delivery date. 

Well, this is what I thought, but I mentioned it at the time of order, and was miffed that they removed the option for the UK. Anyway, fast forward to checking the order form, and it says bi-tone roof.

We shall see when it arrives, I don't mind either way, but would be a nice surprise if it does. If it doesn't they can drop the price down.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Notfer said:

Well, this is what I thought, but I mentioned it at the time of order, and was miffed that they removed the option for the UK. Anyway, fast forward to checking the order form, and it says bi-tone roof.

We shall see when it arrives, I don't mind either way, but would be a nice surprise if it does. If it doesn't they can drop the price down.

I ordered mine first week in feb and was offered the black roof. I ordered the GR not sure if that makes a difference. 

i ordered my design 1.8 early February in flat white and 1 week later changed my mind to a GR sport in Manhattan grey. Apparently the dealer can't change the first order to cancel, so they've just sent my dealer a design 1.8 in Manhattan grey and mine will be available mid-May. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed as to the colour, as head office haven't a clue as to how the system works.  as for my dealer he's now stuck with a design Manhattan grey 1.8 of which is unlikely to sell quickly 

27 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

i ordered my design 1.8 early February in flat white and 1 week later changed my mind to a GR sport in Manhattan grey. Apparently the dealer can't change the first order to cancel, so they've just sent my dealer a design 1.8 in Manhattan grey and mine will be available mid-May. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed as to the colour, as head office haven't a clue as to how the system works.  as for my dealer he's now stuck with a design Manhattan grey 1.8 of which is unlikely to sell quickly 

You ordered a flat white 1.8 design and changed your mind. Why did they send your dealer a grey one? What a strange mistake. 

37 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

...  as for my dealer he's now stuck with a design Manhattan grey 1.8 of which is unlikely to sell quickly 

why do you say that?

1 hour ago, ChrisHRocks said:

I ordered mine first week in feb and was offered the black roof. I ordered the GR not sure if that makes a difference. 

Mines a GR Sport Touring Sport. The hatch's have the option of a black roof, where as the TS doesn't (in principle at least)

11 minutes ago, Notfer said:

Mines a GR Sport Touring Sport. The hatch's have the option of a black roof, where as the TS doesn't (in principle at least)

Good choice ☺️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrisHRocks said:

You ordered a flat white 1.8 design and changed your mind. Why did they send your dealer a grey one? What a strange mistake. 

It sure is, but I'm afraid customer service at head office levels across all industry today is very poor with no one being able to rectify any errors 

1 hour ago, 50p said:

why do you say that?

Manhattan grey is not conceded popular in my neck of the woods hence it wont sell very easily 

Just had mine move to ‘In Transit’ bang on the day specified on the background info. Nice to see the VIN for the first time!

Says delivery 10th May, see how this goes!

• Like 3