Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

4 hours ago, Notfer said:

Just checked the background, and the date is actually earlier than expected, only by 3 days mind, but earlier non the less - now due 20th June.

Obsidian Blue/Bi Tone GR Sport Touring Sport for reference

Out of interest, does anyone know what this means:
calloffStatus: Called Off

It's found underneath the currentStatus drop down behind the scenes.

From what I understand, called off is committed.  Your dealer may now have more information.

• Thanks 1

image.thumb.png.db17389229b25a083a0573fc00c6d84e.png

Slightly odd order things are happening in!!!

3 hours ago, Kental said:

image.thumb.png.db17389229b25a083a0573fc00c6d84e.png

Slightly odd order things are happening in!!!

Did you order from IKEA?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kental said:

From what I understand, called off is committed.  Your dealer may now have more information.

Yeah it basically means that the order is confirmed and is in the waiting list for production. Parts are ordered in the system to enable the build to occur at a later date.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kieranm9091 said:

Did you order from IKEA?

Fantastic.  Perhaps like Caterhams I will get a discount!!!!

• Haha 1

I ordered my Touring Sports 1.8 (Manhattan Grey) yesterday from Belgium. It's expected to arrive here on November 24th. Alas, there's no way to track the build of your Toyota if you're a Belgian customer 🙃 

Colour: Manhattan Grey

Trim: Style (which corresponds with the Design trim in the UK)

New here and only just joined. I ordered my Corolla 1.8 design in Denim Blue in mid January, expected delivery was end of May. Had a phone call a few weeks ago telling me it had gone to build. Shortly after that another call telling me delivery date. Collected it on 19th April. I'm totally new to the Toyota world but am lovely the experience so far.

• Like 6

Collected my 2.0 Excel HB with Pan Roof today, absolutely lovely car to drive and it’s beautiful in obsidian blue. There is a slight blemish on the paintwork that I will have resolved, but other than that it’s fantastic 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Kieranm9091 said:

Collected my 2.0 Excel HB with Pan Roof today, absolutely lovely car to drive and it’s beautiful in obsidian blue. There is a slight blemish on the paintwork that I will have resolved, but other than that it’s fantastic 

Congratulations, looking forward to my turn 

• Like 1

Mine has been delayed from end of may until july. Still no details in the background info on the tracker. Seriously considering cancelling at the moment and buying something else. 1.8 touring sports design in manhattem grey ordered 4th Jan

On 5/3/2022 at 6:01 PM, Djl1 said:

Mine has been delayed from end of may until july. Still no details in the background info on the tracker. Seriously considering cancelling at the moment and buying something else. 1.8 touring sports design in manhattem grey ordered 4th Jan

You should also think though if cancelled, an order for another car would also be another 6 months +

stick it out, it might come forward depending on their production

21 minutes ago, Kieranm9091 said:

You should also think though if cancelled, an order for another car would also be another 6 months +

stick it out, it might come forward depending on their production

I have no idea if what the dealer is telling me is correct though. I only get information when chasing it and there is nothing in the app at all. If I do cancel it will be for a used car. Must say I expected better customer experience from what I read before ordering. Most others seem to be getting info from the app that I still don't have after 4 months.

On 4/28/2022 at 5:25 PM, Kieranm9091 said:

Did you order from IKEA?

If you did, good luck in finding your way out of the shop….

2 hours ago, Djl1 said:

I have no idea if what the dealer is telling me is correct though. I only get information when chasing it and there is nothing in the app at all. If I do cancel it will be for a used car. Must say I expected better customer experience from what I read before ordering. Most others seem to be getting info from the app that I still don't have after 4 months.

I’d follow the advice further up the thread to keep up to date on your cars eta. Using a desktop/laptop and logging into the site you can see an actual date. I did it and then my dealer called three weeks later telling me what I already found out. 

2 hours ago, Djl1 said:

By my calculations, a used 2020 Corolla would cost noticeably more a month than my on order new one. The discount, FDA and assuming you ordered in January the 0% finance really make a huge difference.

• Like 1

It was over 5 months before my app said anything other than 'processing order' it's now 3 weeks before estimated delivery and it just says 'processing order- derby'

5 minutes ago, Hardy888 said:

It was over 5 months before my app said anything other than 'processing order' it's now 3 weeks before estimated delivery and it just says 'processing order- derby'

It does happen fairly quickly tbh, will change in the next week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chris Nutt said:

If you did, good luck in finding your way out of the shop….

Car arrives by the time you get out 😆

On 5/3/2022 at 7:46 PM, Djl1 said:

The dealer don't get the information either, all they can see are estimates much like when you ordered originally and so it's likely to change. Some would prefer not to tell you anything and wait it out to minimise false expectations. Mine did not mention anything until it arrived and I just looked on the info behind the scenes and watch that change.

Ordering a new car at the moment patience is key, expectations to be kept to a minimum in terms of delivery times being met to the original order estimates. The benefit of low APR + new car will be worth the wait

• Like 3

On that note I just checked and the 2.0TS wait on the website is up to 33 weeks. Things seem to be getting worse, not better as we thought.

1 minute ago, Hardy888 said:

On that note I just checked and the 2.0TS wait on the website is up to 33 weeks. Things seem to be getting worse, not better as we thought.

Many factors, the war won't be helping the supply chain. Depends on the number of orders they have for the TS spec chosen

4 hours ago, Hardy888 said:

The ETA on the website is just a random number generator.

Anyone had build in progress update recently? Interested to know who’s ordered 2.0 and how long it’s taking for delivery 

I said before on this thread but I ordered 2.0TS design on 30th November. A few days ago got the update to say "processing order at Derbyshire" and ETA has consistently been the end of May. I should get an update in the next week saying it goes to build I hope anyway. Date on the tracker is saying 26th right now.

I hope that is accurate because I'm in Scotland and the dealer is in Kent so I've already bought the advance train ticket for the 30th!