Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

Just an update FYI. The tracker is saying in transit now 🙂 

• Like 1

Another update 🤦🏻‍♂️ Just called my retailer and they said on their system its not showing the same and the tracker might be inaccurate. Is that possible? I’d assume that if the tracker is faulty it wouldn’t update and say my car is on its way!

All things are possible with computers. From what I've heard the trackers we see tend to be more accurate than the dealers but not always.

• Thanks 1

Mine is now in transit from today. ETA still showing 26th May. People might wonder how it takes 2 weeks to transit from Derbyshire to Kent. My reckoning is that as the tracker says they do some sort of pre-delivery inspection before it goes on the transporter. This means the car probably has to wait in a queue to get done until there are enough cars to fill the transporter going to the same place.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hardy888 said:

Mine is now in transit from today. ETA still showing 26th May. People might wonder how it takes 2 weeks to transit from Derbyshire to Kent. My reckoning is that as the tracker says they do some sort of pre-delivery inspection before it goes on the transporter. This means the car probably has to wait in a queue to get done until there are enough cars to fill the transporter going to the same place.

Mine took 14 days in total, but the app is not good. Mine is at the dealer, but the app says in transit and my app says i purchased 2 cars, one arrived a month ago in the wrong colour and was sold the same day, so woulden't rely on the app. i did ask head office to remove one of the cars from my app, but that's not possible 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

Mine took 14 days in total, but the app is not good. Mine is at the dealer, but the app says in transit and my app says i purchased 2 cars, one arrived a month ago in the wrong colour and was sold the same day, so woulden't rely on the app. i did ask head office to remove one of the cars from my app, but that's not possible 

3 hours ago, forkingabout said:

i will have to wait to check the vin number when i collect the car as i have 2 vin numbers for 2 cars, both in Manhattan grey, although my first order that i cancelled a week later was for a white one. 

On 5/7/2022 at 10:03 AM, Gareth76 said:

Hi, this question may have previously been answered but can someone please let me know what the typical time is from delivery to the dealer to collection? Thanks 

Depends on colour, spec, engine, extras etc. Mine took 25 weeks

Ordered March 25th (1.8, Bi-tone Paint) and still Processing Order with no order number listed. Is that normal, or should it be moving to the build stage by now?

I'm expecting a later summer delivery at the earliest but worried that my order is stuck in some kind of backlog or order limbo. 

3 minutes ago, BUK57 said:

Ordered March 25th (1.8, Bi-tone Paint) and still Processing Order with no order number listed. Is that normal, or should it be moving to the build stage by now?

I'm expecting a later summer delivery at the earliest but worried that my order is stuck in some kind of backlog or order limbo. 

I ordered exactly the same model at approximately the same time. My dealer says that delivery is around 21st July. The application is quite useless at this stage and is stuck on "Processing Order". I'd recommend contacting your dealer for updates. The app should update as you near the delivery milestone. I still check the app daily though... just in case! 😅

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, balalogic said:

I ordered exactly the same model at approximately the same time. My dealer says that delivery is around 21st July. The application is quite useless at this stage and is stuck on "Processing Order". I'd recommend contacting your dealer for updates. The app should update as you near the delivery milestone. I still check the app daily though... just in case! 😅

Thanks for the info! My dealer just replied to me saying it's still scheduled for an August delivery. Hoping that estimate moves to the July window over the coming months but overall I'm just relieved the order is still on track vs. the non-existent updates in the App + website!  

4 hours ago, BUK57 said:

This is normal. The Processing Order status won't change for few months. I ordered my 2.0 HB in Manhattan grey 1st Feb and it still shows that. Couple of weeks ago the app changed and it now shows Derbyshire as a location. I expect car to go into build 20/05 with ETA 17/06.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pati said:

This is normal. The Processing Order status won't change for few months. I ordered my 2.0 HB in Manhattan grey 1st Feb and it still shows that. Couple of weeks ago the app changed and it now shows Derbyshire as a location. I expect car to go into build 20/05 with ETA 17/06.

i  ordered the same as yourself Manhattan grey early Feb, and it's now available for collection. Mine is a i.8 with a UK built engine your 2 litre is manufactured in Turkey hence the delay 

3 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

i  ordered the same as yourself Manhattan grey early Feb, and it's now available for collection. Mine is a i.8 with a UK built engine your 2 litre is manufactured in Turkey hence the delay 

2.0 HBs are also built in Derbyshire. The engine is coming from Poland that's why it will take longer. I believe  it's the TS that are built in Turkey

• Like 2

Both TS & hatchback Corolla for the European market are built in UK.

1.8 Hybrid power unit is also built in UK.

2 litre hybrid power unit is built in Poland then shipped to UK to be fitted in to a Corolla.

Corolla saloon is built in Turkey alongside C-HR.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I ordered my Manhattan Grey 2.0 GR on the 4th April. 
just rang the dealer and they said still on track for the 5th August. They said it could be end of July though.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, forkingabout said:

Both TS & hatchback Corolla for the European market are built in UK.

1.8 Hybrid power unit is also built in UK.

2 litre hybrid power unit is built in Poland then shipped to UK to be fitted in to a Corolla.

Corolla saloon is built in Turkey alongside C-HR.

Thanks for the correction 🙂 

5 hours ago, Pati said:

I ordered the 2.0 TS, GR sport, Manhattan Grey on 29/01/22. The app, due to a technical issue does not show me anything. (That's another story).

The first update I had from the dealer said beginning of August for delivery. 2nd update came forward slightly stating 22/07/22. The latest update from dealer now says 20/06/22. 

Maybe they are churning the Manhattan grey cars out now in both HB and TS. 

• Like 3

My ETA just dropped from 26th May to 20th May. Looks like it might be ready a week earlier. Question is... If it is ready do I waste the advance train ticket I already bought and get another one to get down early? Not sure I could resist knowing it is down there and ready to be driven home.

2 hours ago, Hardy888 said:

My ETA just dropped from 26th May to 20th May. Looks like it might be ready a week earlier. Question is... If it is ready do I waste the advance train ticket I already bought and get another one to get down early? Not sure I could resist knowing it is down there and ready to be driven home.

Yeah you waited all this time and a Scot wasting money on a train ticket will never recover 😉👍

• Haha 3

On 5/7/2022 at 6:53 PM, JStead said:

I ordered the same time Glynn from John Roe in Grimsby and also being told end of may, but no change on the app yet. When did you last get an update on the ETA? 

I spoke to them again yesterday, now quoting July! they are hoping it will come sooner though.

4 hours ago, Glynn H said:

I spoke to them again yesterday, now quoting July! they are hoping it will come sooner though.

I assume mine will be similar, so will have been 7 months if that’s the case 😕 What colour did you go for out of interest?

13 minutes ago, JStead said:

I assume mine will be similar, so will have been 7 months if that’s the case 😕 What colour did you go for out of interest?

Mine is 2.0 Design TS in Denim blue.

• Like 1