Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

Just now, jamiec962 said:

Got the call this morning to say my Corolla had arrived but there was an issue....

They ordered the wrong model!! Ordered a TS, but they "accidentally" ordered a HB. I could honestly explode. Needed the TS for the boot space. In between a rock and a hard place doesn't cut it. Any ideas on how to go forward?

Take it, sell it back for more money, put a deposit down on an approved used XC60 ☺️. But I feel for you, I’d be pretty fuming. 

Just checked the backend and my estimated delivery has moved from 01/07/22 to 30/05/22 that’s quite a jump. Happy days. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jamiec962 said:

Got the call this morning to say my Corolla had arrived but there was an issue....

They ordered the wrong model!! Ordered a TS, but they "accidentally" ordered a HB. I could honestly explode. Needed the TS for the boot space. In between a rock and a hard place doesn't cut it. Any ideas on how to go forward?

Oh dear, (pc term).   Not a lot you can do other than talk to them.  There might be a way of locating a cancelled order or fast tracking another.  It’s worth a discussion at least.  In some ways the order tracker is a good thing because you can see an image of what you’ve ordered.  

Spoke to them and to be honest it's just annoyed me more at this point. They said they can order one for November, but would refuse me a car loaner in between now and then. Then tried to offer a Trek 22 plate they had for 85 quid more a month than I was meant to be paying. The market (both used and new) is so crazy right now that in stuck in between a rock and a hard place. It's an actual joke. 

This morning mine has gone into 'Build in Progress', but the backend still says not arrived at factory, due 23/05/22 and the dealer ETA is 01/07/22.

On 5/21/2022 at 8:21 AM, Kental said:

This morning mine has gone into 'Build in Progress', but the backend still says not arrived at factory, due 23/05/22 and the dealer ETA is 01/07/22.

Mine went to build last Sunday but the date stayed at 01/07/22 until about thee days after the status changed to in transit. Then jumped to 30/05/22 yesterday. 

Keep an eye and hopefully it will change soon. 

when did you order yours?

2 hours ago, Kental said:

I've checked mine too, still processing order, but gone from ETA of 20th June, to 5th July!
Hoping reverts back, but won't hold my breath

23 minutes ago, Notfer said:

I've checked mine too, still processing order, but gone from ETA of 20th June, to 5th July!

The 1.8 being local would help the 2 from Turkey, you can never tell 

13 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

The 1.8 being local would help the 2 from Turkey, you can never tell 

2.0 ltr comes from Poland. CHR is built in Turkey.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2022 at 11:18 AM, Notfer said:

2.0 ltr comes from Poland. CHR is built in Turkey.

On 5/21/2022 at 10:20 AM, ChrisHRocks said:

Mine went to build last Sunday but the date stayed at 01/07/22 until about thee days after the status changed to in transit. Then jumped to 30/05/22 yesterday. 

Keep an eye and hopefully it will change soon. 

when did you order yours?

I ordered mine on 6th February 

1 hour ago, Kental said:

I ordered mine on 6th February 

Yeah the day before mine. Hopefully yours won’t be much longer. 

MOT on my old car is up at the end of June so hopefully I’ll get my Corolla before I need to fork out for that. Lol

• Like 1

On 5/22/2022 at 11:18 AM, ChrisHRocks said:

MOT on my old car is up at the end of June so hopefully I’ll get my Corolla before I need to fork out for that. Lol

You know that’s not going to happen. It’s called Sod’s law. 😂

My car is due an MOT in July and my new car should be turning up in July also. I’m not getting excited yet. 

17 hours ago, ChrisHRocks said:

We both got in just before the price rise.

My Corolla is now showing as In Transit. 
I have a VIN. Still showing final eta as 01/07/22. They need some faster lorries.

1 hour ago, Kental said:

I have a VIN. Still showing final eta as 01/07/22. They need some faster lorries.

I reckon your's will more likely be early to mid June. Can't see it being in transit but ETA 1st July!?
Mines showing as the 5th July and still sat in processing.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2022 at 10:39 AM, Notfer said:

@Notfer- I ordered mine on 11th Feb was showing exactly like you 20th June. Looked again this morning and has moved to 5th July.

I’d hoped the Corolla was the solution to the Yaris being just a bit too small (it was never intended to be a permanent solution) but having sat in a couple yesterday there’s no chance of me buying one.  The seats are way too over bolstered.  What is this obsession with over bolstered seats?   My old 2000 model and daughters 54 plate, 58 Auris had really comfortable seats - just normal seats but now they seem to adopt these things that pin you in.  Not for me I’m afraid.  I’m not impressed with any of Toyotas current seats which is a great pity but while even the Yaris has unnecessarily over bolstered seats, they are the lesser of two evils.  

31 minutes ago, anchorman said:

I’d hoped the Corolla was the solution to the Yaris being just a bit too small (it was never intended to be a permanent solution) but having sat in a couple yesterday there’s no chance of me buying one.  The seats are way too over bolstered.  What is this obsession with over bolstered seats?   My old 2000 model and daughters 54 plate, 58 Auris had really comfortable seats - just normal seats but now they seem to adopt these things that pin you in.  Not for me I’m afraid.  I’m not impressed with any of Toyotas current seats which is a great pity but while even the Yaris has unnecessarily over bolstered seats, they are the lesser of two evils.  

My guess you tried either a GR Sport or an Excel. Design and below have less hugging seats.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kental said:

Where did you get your VIN? Mine has been in transit since last week but I’ve  still not got any vehicle details. On “My T”

You can get the vin in the extra info on the site

On 5/20/2022 at 9:29 PM, jamiec962 said:

Spoke to them and to be honest it's just annoyed me more at this point. They said they can order one for November, but would refuse me a car loaner in between now and then. Then tried to offer a Trek 22 plate they had for 85 quid more a month than I was meant to be paying. The market (both used and new) is so crazy right now that in stuck in between a rock and a hard place. It's an actual joke. 

Update on this. They have agreed to give me a loaner car between now and the correct car arriving. However, got the quote emailed to me and they want me to pay am additional 46 pounds per month than I agreed on back in January as well as at 1.9% APR. Utter Joke. If the used car market wasn't as absurd as it is I'd be walking away. 

Will be approaching Citizens Advice and getting their opinions on matters.

14 minutes ago, jamiec962 said:

Update on this.

Presumably you've been talking to the dealer you placed the order with, and who your contract of sale is with.

Have you contacted Toyota GB customer services to see whether they can help?

2 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Presumably you've been talking to the dealer you placed the order with, and who your contract of sale is with.

Have you contacted Toyota GB customer services to see whether they can help?

@jamiec962 - I’d speak to Toyota GB about it. I also assume you’ve spoke to the Dealer Principal about it. If the error is on the dealers part they should still offer you the new car at the agreed sale price and at the same APR. If they can’t do that the new car should be discounted to take into account the increase in the APR rate.

6 minutes ago, lancs23 said:

@jamiec962 - I’d speak to Toyota GB about it. I also assume you’ve spoke to the Dealer Principal about it. If the error is on the dealers part they should still offer you the new car at the agreed sale price and at the same APR. If they can’t do that the new car should be discounted to take into account the increase in the APR rate.

Yeah spoken to the Dealer Principal and he has said at that price they're offering, they're running at a loss - who cares about the customer eh! 

Id held off going to Toyota GB direct, to allow them to rectify the problem in house. But it seems I'll be going that route regardless. Just seems disingenuous to pass the mistake onto the customer, and thought in good faith they'd make things right, but here we are!