Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

4 minutes ago, jamiec962 said:

Yeah spoken to the Dealer Principal and he has said at that price they're offering, they're running at a loss - who cares about the customer eh! 

Id held off going to Toyota GB direct, to allow them to rectify the problem in house. But it seems I'll be going that route regardless. Just seems disingenuous to pass the mistake onto the customer, and thought in good faith they'd make things right, but here we are!

Yeah you need to go to Toyota GB at this point they won’t be very sympathetic to their cause. It’s right you’ve given the dealer the opportunity to rectify it. The fact they’re running at a loss isn’t your problem nor should you absorb the cost impact of it.

What you need to be mindful of is the dealers terms of business they’re well within their right just cancel the order completely give you your deposit back and say go elsewhere if it become too much hassle for them. 

13 minutes ago, lancs23 said:

Yeah you need to go to Toyota GB at this point they won’t be very sympathetic to their cause. It’s right you’ve given the dealer the opportunity to rectify it. The fact they’re running at a loss isn’t your problem nor should you absorb the cost impact of it.

What you need to be mindful of is the dealers terms of business they’re well within their right just cancel the order completely give you your deposit back and say go elsewhere if it become too much hassle for them. 

Yeah I've been treading that fine line of making sure they don't cancel it if I'm too much hassle. They phone just 10 mins ago to confirm they can't go any lower than the agreed price. To Toyota GB it is - Wish me luck 

10 minutes ago, jamiec962 said:

Update on this. They have agreed to give me a loaner car between now and the correct car arriving. However, got the quote emailed to me and they want me to pay am additional 46 pounds per month than I agreed on back in January as well as at 1.9% APR. Utter Joke. If the used car market wasn't as absurd as it is I'd be walking away. 

Will be approaching Citizens Advice and getting their opinions on matters.

As long as the list price hasn’t changed you can pay what you want.  You will pay the list price plus 1.9% end of story.  How you pay it is up to you.  You can fiddle with the annual mileage, deposit or monthly payments.  If you pay in a shorter period or bigger deposit you’ll pay less interest.  If you go on the build planner you can tell it what you want to pay. 

9FF135C5-F3D4-4DAA-B35C-9387D704E0D4.jpeg

6 minutes ago, anchorman said:

As long as the list price hasn’t changed you can pay what you want.  You will pay the list price plus 1.9% end of story.  How you pay it is up to you.  You can fiddle with the annual mileage, deposit or monthly payments.  If you pay in a shorter period or bigger deposit you’ll pay less interest.  If you go on the build planner you can tell it what you want to pay. 

I understand the likelihood of the APR changing is outwith their control. However, them changing the terms for a problem of their own creation is where the grievance comes from. I should not have to foot that bill.

1 hour ago, jamiec962 said:

I understand the likelihood of the APR changing is outwith their control. However, them changing the terms for a problem of their own creation is where the grievance comes from. I should not have to foot that bill.

Ughh, I feel for you Jamie, that must be soooo annoying. Let us know how you get on with Toyota direct.

Of course, they're not running at a loss, all dealers have plenty of cars that a customer can use if they so wish to do so 

you need to change your dealer in future, and with regret you chose a poor dealer in the first place. Most are, so you need to be careful  

1 hour ago, anchorman said:

They have sold you this car at full price by the look of it? i purchased the GR SPORT HATCH BACK for £26000. So they have ample room for giving you a great service 

Waiting on my TS 2.0 GR Sport since 10th Jan, 2022. 

Still says "Processing Order" on myT app.  

Dealer is now saying June delivery, but has no dates or anything specific to tell me, he was saying May until around April, so I'l a bit lost here.  

Three weeks ago, Derbyshire appeared as the build location, and an Order Number appeared, but zero movement since then. 

Really annoying stuff, the lack of visibility is the main issue here, if I knew for sure what date it would arrive, then I'd be happier to wait, myToyota customer service telling me to contact the dealer. 

22 minutes ago, Ben88 said:

Waiting on my TS 2.0 GR Sport since 10th Jan, 2022. 

Still says "Processing Order" on myT app.  

Dealer is now saying June delivery, but has no dates or anything specific to tell me, he was saying May until around April, so I'l a bit lost here.  

Three weeks ago, Derbyshire appeared as the build location, and an Order Number appeared, but zero movement since then. 

Really annoying stuff, the lack of visibility is the main issue here, if I knew for sure what date it would arrive, then I'd be happier to wait, myToyota customer service telling me to contact the dealer. 

@Ben88 Hi Ben, if you go to the Toyota UK website on a computer (won't work from your phone) you can find out your approximate date which is the same date the dealer will see on their end. 

Using Safari or Chrome login to your My T account through the main Toyota website and run a web inspector select the network tab within the web inspector and then refresh the page. About 1/3 of the way up from the bottom you will see a long number with your order number at the end. If you go into the preview it will give you the expected date it's due to arrive at the dealer. 

Screenshot 2022-05-23 at 15.23.20.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lancs23 said:

@Ben88 Hi Ben, if you go to the Toyota UK website on a computer (won't work from your phone) you can find out your approximate date which is the same date the dealer will see on their end. 

Using Safari or Chrome login to your My T account through the main Toyota website and run a web inspector select the network tab within the web inspector and then refresh the page. About 1/3 of the way up from the bottom you will see a long number with your order number at the end. If you go into the preview it will give you the expected date it's due to arrive at the dealer. 

Many elements in Safari, prob easier to download chrome or I could write a quick script 

5 hours ago, lancs23 said:

Wish i had that level of detail. Ordered early Jan and still just see this. Was going to be my 1st Toyota but the lack of information after 5 months has got me looking at other brands now

image.thumb.png.abed72c3f1f13efbf497f4ac6413769c.png

7 minutes ago, Djl1 said:

Wish i had that level of detail. Ordered early Jan and still just see this. Was going to be my 1st Toyota but the lack of information after 5 months has got me looking at other brands now

Hopefully it will spring into life soon and at least give you more information. Based on when the MyT app triggered a we’re processing your order notification and I got a date roughly speaking is looking like 8 weeks ish. 

I was told April when I ordered, then May when I chased at end of March, now at least July when I chased a few weeks ago. Others ordering in Feb/March seem to be a lot closer to getting their cars. To be honest if it's another 2 months plus then I will be going elsewhere, my dealer can't or won't give any indication though. I expected better from Toyota as far as comms goes.

31 minutes ago, Djl1 said:

I was told April when I ordered, then May when I chased at end of March, now at least July when I chased a few weeks ago. Others ordering in Feb/March seem to be a lot closer to getting their cars. To be honest if it's another 2 months plus then I will be going elsewhere, my dealer can't or won't give any indication though. I expected better from Toyota as far as comms goes.

Mine experience has been exactly the same so far and in the same boat. Ordered in December and still no update on the app and dealer said July last week. Trouble is 0% deal is too good to pass so will most likely just have to stick it out.

3 minutes ago, JStead said:

Mine experience has been exactly the same so far and in the same boat. Ordered in December and still no update on the app and dealer said July last week. Trouble is 0% deal is too good to pass so will most likely just have to stick it out.

What did you order? 

6 minutes ago, lancs23 said:

What did you order? 

2.0 TS GR Sport in Manhattan Grey. Looks like the colour seems to be the common denominator.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Djl1 said:

I ordered mine mid January and collected in on 19th April. What did you order? Be aware of going else where because most dealers have the same delays.

5 minutes ago, dee123456 said:

I ordered mine mid January and collected in on 19th April. What did you order? Be aware of going else where because most dealers have the same delays.

1.8 Design TS in Manhattan grey. If I do go elsewhere it will be a nearly new. No problem with delays, especially at the moment but seems to be random when people get cars compared to when they order and poor updates from dealer have left a bitter taste now. 

2 hours ago, Djl1 said:

I ordered 20th Nov and picked mine up last weekend. Nearly 6 months I waited 

On 5/21/2022 at 8:21 AM, Kental said:

This morning mine has gone into 'Build in Progress', but the backend still says not arrived at factory, due 23/05/22 and the dealer ETA is 01/07/22.

It will take approx 2 weeks between the built in progress and actually receiving the car. Mine went to built in progress on the 9th and i’m Receiving it tomorrow 

• Like 1

On 5/23/2022 at 3:30 PM, lancs23 said:

Mate!

Thank you so much for this. 

I just checked, and it looks like the 14th of June, which sounds amazing. 

Five minutes after checking, my app went to "Build in progress", so it's been a good day 😄 

Let's hope it's worth the wait!  

Does anyone know if there any issue with adding the VIN from the back end of the website to my “MyT” app? Is there any chance that something changes between now and me getting the car?

On 5/24/2022 at 1:55 PM, Ben88 said:

Mate!

Thank you so much for this. 

I just checked, and it looks like the 14th of June, which sounds amazing. 

Five minutes after checking, my app went to "Build in progress", so it's been a good day 😄 

Let's hope it's worth the wait!  

Glad it worked for you and wow no way least you got that BIP notification too!

I had an email from the dealership today on mine to say my date had gone from ETA - 20/06 to 05/07. Wasn’t like I didn’t already know. Apparently they are changing constantly and she hoped it would come forward again and was gonna reach out to me next week with another update.

My order on 2nd check of the day has finally changed to build in progress

currentStatus: {estimatedDeliveryToFinalDestination: "2022-07-11"

3 hours later, MyT app notification and email have come through, MyT showed build in progress earlier.