Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

That's the really weird thing about the newer hybrids - They still can't actually go that fast, speed-wise, but the burst acceleration is phenomenal and makes them feel like they are much more powerful than they are!

Makes them really fun to drive :naughty: 

One of the things that irks me is that the fuel economy is so poor at motorway speeds. 

It's not like I can stick to 62mph on the motorway, particularly in Ireland, where the motorway speed limit is 120kmph/75mph, I'd be run off the road there. 

If it could be tuned to perform better on motorways, where I cover the most miles, then I'd be much better off. 

I'll have to give it more time, and see what a 300km trip looks like. 

6 minutes ago, Ben88 said:

One of the things that irks me is that the fuel economy is so poor at motorway speeds. 

It's not like I can stick to 62mph on the motorway, particularly in Ireland, where the motorway speed limit is 120kmph/75mph, I'd be run off the road there. 

If it could be tuned to perform better on motorways, where I cover the most miles, then I'd be much better off. 

I'll have to give it more time, and see what a 300km trip looks like. 

I am averaging approx. 65-68 mpg on UK motorways, which I am happy with. I will be spending July and August in Germany though, so I think I better get used to lower mpg and/or staying in the right-hand, slow lane on motorways 😅 There is a reason the Corolla 2.0l seems to be the preferred engine specification over there 👌

7 hours ago, Ben88 said:

What sort of mpg are you getting at motorway speeds out of curiosity? The newer hybrids will get fairly decent mpg if driven 'normally' but you need to learn how to drive them economically to get the really high mpgs.

To be honest you sound like you're ragging the thing harder than I do my Yaris :laugh: 

I can get it to stay surprisingly economical up to 70mph, but past that the engine throws any pretence of trying to be economical out the window, which is great fun but not great for fuel economy...

I collected my Corolla today after 6 months of checking the app daily 😁 (Ordered Early Jan) - Amazing to finally drive it, suprisingly came with a spacesaver in the boot too, which I wasn't expecting (2.0 HB Icon Tech).

PXL_20220614_163517275.jpg

PXL_20220614_161801658.jpg

• Like 4

Favourite hobby update; Current ETA to Dealer is still saying the 20th June, however the within the intermediate deliveries section, it's left the site 2 this morning, with eta for site 3 being tomorrow, which is also the dealers location.

Will be interesting to see if I get a phone call to sign docs etc before Monday.

16 hours ago, Cyker said:

What sort of mpg are you getting at motorway speeds out of curiosity? The newer hybrids will get fairly decent mpg if driven 'normally' but you need to learn how to drive them economically to get the really high mpgs.

To be honest you sound like you're ragging the thing harder than I do my Yaris :laugh: 

I can get it to stay surprisingly economical up to 70mph, but past that the engine throws any pretence of trying to be economical out the window, which is great fun but not great for fuel economy...

I did an 190mile run last night, averaged 49.2mpg in the 2L - compared to the outgoing Skoda that's godly. About 2/3rds of that was at 70mph.

2 hours ago, Notfer said:

Favourite hobby update; Current ETA to Dealer is still saying the 20th June, however the within the intermediate deliveries section, it's left the site 2 this morning, with eta for site 3 being tomorrow, which is also the dealers location.

Will be interesting to see if I get a phone call to sign docs etc before Monday.

@Notfer - Hadn't been checking my dates in the back end for a few days. Logged on yesterday was showing ETA 17/06 from 23/06. Woke up this morning to an App notification saying it has arrived at the dealer. Subsequently not long after the dealer has emailed me to confirm they've taken receipt of the vehicle and that they'll be in touch later today to arrange collection.

20 weeks from when I ordered it this Friday! 

Mine is now showing ETA dealer 24/6, built 23/5, ordered 7/2

On 6/13/2022 at 9:24 AM, DC_Ms said:

I ordered my TS Excell 2.0 early May / if there is anybody who ordered similar model around the same time and have tracking possibility , I would appreciate if I could get some info around the build as I don’t have tracking access

I ordered the exact same spec on February 19th and its still at processing order.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lancs23 said:

@Notfer - Hadn't been checking my dates in the back end for a few days. Logged on yesterday was showing ETA 17/06 from 23/06. Woke up this morning to an App notification saying it has arrived at the dealer. Subsequently not long after the dealer has emailed me to confirm they've taken receipt of the vehicle and that they'll be in touch later today to arrange collection.

20 weeks from when I ordered it this Friday! 

Your dealer sounds like a goodun. I've not heard a peep from mine, and only heard from them a few months ago, because I rung them for an update. (They said they'd touch base each month, even if no change, just to keep me in the loop) Quite peeved, considering they're supposed to be one of the diamond league dealers.

Slight update: It's now arrived at the retailer! ETA is still 20th mind, but I expect that will change.

3 hours ago, ic2 said:

I ordered the exact same spec on February 19th and its still at processing order.

Same here for spec (I added JBL, not sure that makes a difference) and timing, I've been told late July/early August now. That's about 2 weeks earlier than the original date, but I was hoping for earlier still based on @ben88 experience (I'm in NI too, probably with the same dealer). The whole processing order is doing my head in as well, I'd love to the see the image with the spec against it. Fingers crossed it changes sometime soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Notfer said:

Slight update: It's now arrived at the retailer! ETA is still 20th mind, but I expect that will change.

I've managed to get my doc's signed. Collecting on Friday. They even sent pictures.

IMG_2747.jpg

IMG_2748.jpg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, lancs23 said:

I've managed to get my doc's signed. Collecting on Friday. They even sent pictures.

IMG_2747.jpg

IMG_2748.jpg

I have a feeling my sales exec doesn't work Wednesday's...so hoping that he gets in touch tomorrow!

Car looks great though!

My delivery date from the dealer last month was 20th of June, my app does not work so I cant track it's status. Looking at the recent cars above they seem to be Manhattan grey so maybe this week the factory are churning out the grey cars.

I ordered a TS, Manhattan Grey 2l end of January so its looking promising that it will turn up soon. 

Hi all,

might be a silly question but how do you find out your ETA. I keep asking the sales man but he just keeps telling me there is no update yet. I ordered end of Jan. 

2 minutes ago, Adam39 said:

Hi all,

might be a silly question but how do you find out your ETA. I keep asking the sales man but he just keeps telling me there is no update yet. I ordered end of Jan. 

look on the paper copy of your order from your dealer, the estimated delivery date should be shown (mine is) on the right hand side at the top. 

16 minutes ago, ic2 said:

look on the paper copy of your order from your dealer, the estimated delivery date should be shown (mine is) on the right hand side at the top. 

Mine is blank! Also how do people keep changing. 

1 hour ago, Chuffmonkey said:

My delivery date from the dealer last month was 20th of June, my app does not work so I cant track it's status. Looking at the recent cars above they seem to be Manhattan grey so maybe this week the factory are churning out the grey cars.

I ordered a TS, Manhattan Grey 2l end of January so its looking promising that it will turn up soon. 

Mines Obsidian Blue, so don't think that's the case 😁

23 minutes ago, Adam39 said:

Hi all,

Have you looked via the back end? ie on a desktop?

Just now, Notfer said:

Have you looked via the back end? ie on a desktop?

How do you do that. Iv logged on to MyT website via a desktop. How do you get to see the back end

30 minutes ago, Adam39 said:

How do you do that. Iv logged on to MyT website via a desktop. How do you get to see the back end

If you head to here https://www.toyota.co.uk/apps/customerportal#/ on Chrome, and then follow these intructions.

1146880596_Screenshot2022-06-15at19_04_39.thumb.png.184182cdde9952be2aab7149da5b4789.png
Right click on the vehicle and click inspect.

You'll see several tabs appear on the right hand of the screen, you'll want to click on the network tab.

In the top left of that tab is a search bar, pop your order number in there, and then refresh the page.

You should see two rows appear, one will say preflight, and the other will be a json, click the json.

Here you'll be able to access the back end info

20 minutes ago, Notfer said:

If you head to here https://www.toyota.co.uk/apps/customerportal#/ on Chrome, and then follow these intructions.

1146880596_Screenshot2022-06-15at19_04_39.thumb.png.184182cdde9952be2aab7149da5b4789.png
Right click on the vehicle and click inspect.

You'll see several tabs appear on the right hand of the screen, you'll want to click on the network tab.

In the top left of that tab is a search bar, pop your order number in there, and then refresh the page.

You should see two rows appear, one will say preflight, and the other will be a json, click the json.

Here you'll be able to access the back end info

Thanks for the info, I got it to work.

but not great news for me it says “no status” only been waiting 5 months. 

22 hours ago, ic2 said:

Thanks. Could you drop me a DM when you’ve collected it , or I will try to spot you in this topic if you post about your collection 🙂  I’m guessing your waiting it for August … ?