Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

I am collecting mine on Saturday ordered 6th February, just under 5 months so about average!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JStead said:

Finally picked up today after exactly 6 months waiting to the day. Dead chuffed 🙂

FA502B4E-92B7-4465-BB3B-565CE4EAE640.jpeg

Those wheels suit the colour very well!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JStead said:

Finally picked up today after exactly 6 months waiting to the day. Dead chuffed 🙂

FA502B4E-92B7-4465-BB3B-565CE4EAE640.jpeg

Snap, picked mine up with same colour last Friday. Lovely looking thing with that colour and wheel combo. I have done 350 miles in 6 days and I am enjoying everything about it. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chuffmonkey said:

Snap, picked mine up with same colour last Friday. Lovely looking thing with that colour and wheel combo. I have done 350 miles in 6 days and I am enjoying everything about it. 

I love mine like any car it’s got some quirks that niggle with me a bit but you can’t have them all. 

4 minutes ago, lancs23 said:

I love mine like any car it’s got some quirks that niggle with me a bit but you can’t have them all. 

I have a couple of slightly annoying quirks like the driver profile not loading all the time and I honestly thought it came with an auto tail gate but mine didn't.

I have spent a fair bit of time setting up the menus and some options are really buried in the options but I think I have it to my liking.

The best thing I have managed to get to work is that my Personal phone is connected as primary phone so I can use Android Auto and take calls but I have managed to get my work I phone set up as a secondary device and it also takes calls. Win Win. 

I am also trying to get my head around the cruise control. I am probably completely wrong but If I drive at 70 on the throttle I notice the car kicks into EV every now and again. When I use both adaptive and traditional cruise control I never notice the car go into EV. Im just trying to figure out the best method for MPG. 

Oh and as my last 2 cars where a Saab and a Volvo the seats on the Toyota are not as comfortable which I have noticed but certainly not an issue.

Anyway that's my verdict so far, lovely car which I look forward to drive and I cant say I have noticed the tyre noise that some have mentioned. 

7 minutes ago, Chuffmonkey said:

I have a couple of slightly annoying quirks like the driver profile not loading all the time and I honestly thought it came with an auto tail gate but mine didn't.

I have spent a fair bit of time setting up the menus and some options are really buried in the options but I think I have it to my liking.

The best thing I have managed to get to work is that my Personal phone is connected as primary phone so I can use Android Auto and take calls but I have managed to get my work I phone set up as a secondary device and it also takes calls. Win Win. 

I am also trying to get my head around the cruise control. I am probably completely wrong but If I drive at 70 on the throttle I notice the car kicks into EV every now and again. When I use both adaptive and traditional cruise control I never notice the car go into EV. Im just trying to figure out the best method for MPG. 

Oh and as my last 2 cars where a Saab and a Volvo the seats on the Toyota are not as comfortable which I have noticed but certainly not an issue.

Anyway that's my verdict so far, lovely car which I look forward to drive and I cant say I have noticed the tyre noise that some have mentioned. 

My quirks are:

- No option for leaving/coming home lights on GR sport

- Profile doesn’t always load up on initial startup

- In built sat nav works with heads up display but obviously you can imagine Google Maps and Waze doesn’t but the inbuilt nav isn’t very intelligent and is pretty much reliant on a data connection which can be hit and miss

- Voice control when using iPhone assistance such as Siri doesn’t mute the radio/media so you feel like you battle with the stereo when trying to reply to a text message and I can’t seem to turn the voice volume up

- I tried use the parking assistant last night and I have zero trust in it. If I didn’t intervene when it tried to do a perpendicular park it would of lost the back 1/4 panel

- Also the USB charger missing in the centre console is a bit irritating

I knew they didn’t have them when I purchased the GR Sport so no big deal but the projector headlights that you get on Excel would just make it look 👌 

6 minutes ago, Chuffmonkey said:

Probably a stupid question, but what do you mean driver profile? Is this something new in the my22 model?

Im not sure if its new for 22 models but if I start the car it comes up with my name saying profile loaded and sometimes it says profile can not be found. I have to connect my profile via the display.

Lancs 23. Parking assist is something I have never attempted to use on any car and I wont attempt on this so I cant really comment on that. 😂

I have 12v charging point under the arm rest and a USB-C slot for charging under the arm rest. Lancs have you not got that?

2 minutes ago, Chuffmonkey said:

Im not sure if its new for 22 models but if I start the car it comes up with my name saying profile loaded and sometimes it says profile can not be found. I have to connect my profile via the display.

Lancs 23. Parking assist is something I have never attempted to use on any car and I wont attempt on this so I cant really comment on that. 😂

Sounds new, my 2020 doesn't have that. I'll see what the differences are once my 22 arrives... If it ever arrives.

29 minutes ago, Chuffmonkey said:

I have 12v charging point under the arm rest and a USB-C slot for charging under the arm rest. Lancs have you not got that?

Do you have the estate or the hatch?

36 minutes ago, JoeDubU said:

Probably a stupid question, but what do you mean driver profile? Is this something new in the my22 model?

On the 22 models they Toyota Touch 2 media system is replaced with Toyota Smart Connect which gives you Cloud based nav and some other smart features. It loads your profile when you get in the car. 

4 minutes ago, lancs23 said:

Do you have the estate or the hatch?

Estate

Under the arm rest on the Estate

Charging points.jpg

34 minutes ago, Chuffmonkey said:

Under the arm rest on the Estate

Charging points.jpg

You don’t get it on the hatch unless you have the Excel apparently. 

On 6/22/2022 at 9:38 AM, barethgatty said:

My 1.8 HB Icon Tech went into Build on Monday, I believe it's generally a couple weeks until delivery from this stage?

Back-end is still predicting 5th July. Ordered 12th March so happy with that, dealer predicted July/August.

Been In Transit for a week now, the map hasn't moved from Cromford. Back-end still predicting 5th July.

58 minutes ago, barethgatty said:

Been In Transit for a week now, the map hasn't moved from Cromford. Back-end still predicting 5th July.

Mine was "in transit" from 23/5 to 22/6 so perhaps it depends on where it is being shipped to and how long it takes to fill a transporter.

Could one of you please (politely) tell me how to find this back-end

'My Toyota' shows my new Corolla started at Derby on Monday this week, but no sign of a predicted delivery date

4 hours ago, barethgatty said:

My 2.0 TS Design is exactly the same, in transit for a week now. 5th July prediction.

Ordered mine early May , and today I played with the configurator and it seems the prices have dropped , same configuration …. £1,600 difference 🙄

14 hours ago, barethgatty said:

now showing left location, same eta leftLocationOn: "2022-06-30"

It looks like Toyota just implemented another price increase 🤔

Whats the average timescale of manufacture to pick up? I was told mine would be ready august, can i expect it to begin start before Mid july? Currently sitting as order processing for months

28 minutes ago, Cokezero said:

Whats the average timescale of manufacture to pick up? I was told mine would be ready august, can i expect it to begin start before Mid july? Currently sitting as order processing for months

Mine went into manufacture 24 June and arrived at dealership yesterday morning. Ordered 2 Feb. Only 120 miles from the factory though. 

Finally.

One thing I wasn’t expecting, it has black headlining. I thought it was black only on GR Sport & Excel.

38B08110-9B3F-4864-8942-01DD9B60910E.jpeg

51619B01-E397-4DA3-9838-3E6D61A7984C.jpeg

• Like 6