Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

Just got the notification that my car has arrived at the dealership. How long does the handover (including part exchange) at the dealership usually take? 

Will need to plan around work accordingly.

1 hour ago, barethgatty said:

Just got the notification that my car has arrived at the dealership. How long does the handover (including part exchange) at the dealership usually take? 

Will need to plan around work accordingly.

All depends on the dealership and what paperwork has been sorted prior to arrival eg the actual registering of the car.

11 minutes ago, Kental said:

All depends on the dealership and what paperwork has been sorted prior to arrival eg the actual registering of the car.

The car has been registered, received the logbook in the post today.

Just been updated by the dealer that I’m now looking at a September delivery date, ordered in February and was originally quoted a June/July delivery date. 

1.8 MG GR TS

• Confused 1

I am probably just getting impatient but it populated Derbyshire on the app last Monday 27/6, I also had an email too and it hasn’t moved from processing since……. 😓

37 minutes ago, tommo244 said:

I am probably just getting impatient but it populated Derbyshire on the app last Monday 27/6, I also had an email too and it hasn’t moved from processing since……. 😓

Same for me. Don’t really understand  the point of the email was for. I still know as much as I did about my order. 
Totally pointless. 😀

That is an important stage. It has moved from unallocated to allocated. Also if you use Chrome as a browser and right click and inspect, you get lots more information.

On 6/28/2022 at 7:59 PM, Spoonmonkey said:

Managed to snag a cancelled order deposit paid today collecting next week 1.8 Icon Tech h/b in silver . 😁

All paperwork done and signed went to collect (300 mile round trip) and……..

it’s an Icon not an Icon Tech 🥴. Dealer says they will make it right and have an Icon Tech in stock. 
let’s see what happens next so far they have been excellent.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Kental said:

That is an important stage. It has moved from unallocated to allocated. Also if you use Chrome as a browser and right click and inspect, you get lots more information.

Yes. My dealer sent me a video on 25/6 saying the car moved to ‘on order’ which basically meant it’s going into build soon. Then 2 days later Derbyshire populated on the app.
I’m just getting very impatient. I mean I’ve waited 4 months so what’s a few weeks now! Just can’t wait, exciting! The dealer said 29/7 est delivery date which is the same as the detail on Google chrome! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tommo244 said:

Yes. My dealer sent me a video on 25/6 saying the car moved to ‘on order’ which basically meant it’s going into build soon. Then 2 days later Derbyshire populated on the app.
I’m just getting very impatient. I mean I’ve waited 4 months so what’s a few weeks now! Just can’t wait, exciting! The dealer said 29/7 est delivery date which is the same as the detail on Google chrome! 

Mine said 2022-08-09. The dealer told me end of July or maybe earlier. 
If it turns up then then they will have to wait for me to get back from my holiday on the 25th. Might as well register it in September. 

7 hours ago, Composite Guru said:

Mine said 2022-08-09. The dealer told me end of July or maybe earlier. 
If it turns up then then they will have to wait for me to get back from my holiday on the 25th. Might as well register it in September. 

Hopefully it turns up for you soon. Have a conversation with your dealership now around registration dates and your holiday. Dealers are targeted on the number of registrations they do per month. February and August are usually bad months for them so they may already have it in their forecast. Saves a difficult conversation in August as it’s likely at that point they’ll have already registered the car. 

3 hours ago, lancs23 said:

Hopefully it turns up for you soon. Have a conversation with your dealership now around registration dates and your holiday. Dealers are targeted on the number of registrations they do per month. February and August are usually bad months for them so they may already have it in their forecast. Saves a difficult conversation in August as it’s likely at that point they’ll have already registered the car. 

Good shout. I’ve just emailed them. 
I did make them aware I was putting a reg on it when I closed the deal. 

Although the dealer may allocate a registration number to a car a couple of weeks in advance, they don't actually register it until the day of collection by the customer as it needs to be taxed when first registered.

11 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Although the dealer may allocate a registration number to a car a couple of weeks in advance, they don't actually register it until the day of collection by the customer as it needs to be taxed when first registered.

Not so in my case. They registered and taxed it on 31st May without me signing anything but the salesman was on holiday so I couldn't collect it until 13th June. I received the V5 before I had even seen the car or signed the finance agreement! They didn't get full marks for communication!

6 minutes ago, eyemdee said:

Not so in my case.

New cars we've bought which have been subject to the current system, have all been registered and taxed on the day we collected them.

Presumably they wanted to register your car by the end of the month.

Then again we have always arranged the collection day with the dealer well in advance.

We've never been reliant on whether the salesperson has been in or not when we wanted to collect the car - and that's been the case for the 21 new cars we've had.

On 7/6/2022 at 7:06 AM, lancs23 said:

i thinki that that is about sales and as long as you sign your sale papers or order papers they dont really care about registration

I had my numberplate allocation and the tax all sorted almost a week in advance but the plate wasnt allowed ont he road until 1st March (a week later)

To my knowledge cars can be processed up to 2 weeks prior to the registration date, but for audit purposes the customer has to sign prior to or on that date. There are at least 2 or three different systems. Not sure if the dealer group or the manufacturer dictates which one is used by an individual dealer so the procedure isn’t always the same.

21 minutes ago, Kental said:

To my knowledge cars can be processed up to 2 weeks prior to the registration date, but for audit purposes the customer has to sign prior to or on that date. There are at least 2 or three different systems. Not sure if the dealer group or the manufacturer dictates which one is used by an individual dealer so the procedure isn’t always the same.

My new car was registered and taxed on 31st May without me signing anything. I received a telephone call on 28th informing me it was being taxed and that I would be able to collect it when the salesman returned from holiday. I rang them on 7th June after I received the V5 and managed to arrange collection for 13th so I lost almost 2 weeks VED. I won't be buying from them again! 

13 minutes ago, eyemdee said:

My new car was registered and taxed on 31st May without me signing anything. I received a telephone call on 28th informing me it was being taxed and that I would be able to collect it when the salesman returned from holiday. I rang them on 7th June after I received the V5 and managed to arrange collection for 13th so I lost almost 2 weeks VED. I won't be buying from them again! 

In fairness if it had been registered on 13 June the tax would still have run out 31st May so that is DVLA rules not the dealer’s mishandling. 

20 minutes ago, Kental said:

In fairness if it had been registered on 13 June the tax would still have run out 31st May so that is DVLA rules not the dealer’s mishandling. 

True, but if I had been told that I wouldn't be able to collect until mid June I would have told them to wait and tax it from 1st July. Their communication was just non-existent.

8 hours ago, eyemdee said:

True, but if I had been told that I wouldn't be able to collect until mid June I would have told them to wait and tax it from 1st July. Their communication was just non-existent.

Similar with my car, but if your finance deal was the same 0% I have then the stipulation is the car had to be registered within June. For me the 0% finance was worth more than the £13 loss of tax.

4 hours ago, Kental said:

Similar with my car, but if your finance deal was the same 0% I have then the stipulation is the car had to be registered within June. For me the 0% finance was worth more than the £13 loss of tax.

My car hasn’t hasn’t even been built yet. That’s on the 0% finance deal when I get it in August. 

4 hours ago, Kental said:

Yes, mine was the same 0% finance deal with the order showing a delivery date of June 30th. They could easily have registered and taxed the car in late June so the renewal fell on July 1st. I was not offered the choice and kept completely in the dark until the V5 arrived through my letterbox before I had even seen the car or signed anything! Even then it was left up to me to phone them to arrange a date for collection. Very poor customer service!

Ordered mine 2 Feb on 0%. Collecting it today and registered today still on 0%. All details as per order day but with benefit of today’s trade-in value Extra £2k equity. 

2 minutes ago, Ian.S said:

Ordered mine 2 Feb on 0%. Collecting it today and registered today still on 0%. All details as per order day but with benefit of today’s trade-in value Extra £2k equity. 

Wow you did well there Ian! I ordered mine the day before you on 1st Feb and it arrived at the dealers on 18th May according to the tracking. I think the trade-in value had dropped slightly from that on the order but they honoured it. According to WBAC it has increased again now.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links